Banks 13802 views
State Bank of India (SBI) being one of the country’s oldest and trusted banks has worked for the welfare of the people. All its products and services are designed to cater the needs of the masses focusing majorly on the weaker sections. Recently, it has introduced a new savings account scheme that is especially for the poorer sections of the society. The initiative is taken in order to motivate the underprivileged to open a savings account with no minimum as well as maximum deposit amount limit. To ensure that maximum people enroll, no charges or fees will be charged by SBI. The customer can make transactions using withdrawal forms at all SBI branches or through the basic RuPay ATM-cum-Debit card which will be issued free of cost with no annual maintenance charge.
Table of Contents
- 1 SBI Basic Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD) Account Interest Rate
- 2 SBI BSBD Minimum Account Balance
SBI Basic Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD) Account Interest Rate
|Account Balance||Interest rate (p.a.)|
|Up to ₹1 crore||3.50%|
|Above ₹1 Crore||4%|
Fees and Charges
- No charges on issuance of Basic RuPay ATM-cum-Debit card
- No annual maintenance charges
- No fee for the deposit/collection of cheques drawn by Central/State Government
- No charge on activation of inoperative account
- No charges on account closure
- No charges on the receipt of money via electronic channels like RTGS or NEFT
- No charges on four transactions in a month
SBI BSBD Minimum Account Balance
The account can be opened with any amount and there is no minimum limit prescribed by the bank. The customer can deposit any amount as per his/her convenience. Also, there is no cap on the upper limit. Unlike other savings account, the customer does not have to maintain a minimum balance and can operate the account at zero balance.
SBI BSBD Minimum Balance Penalty
On maintaining no balance in the account, the customer does not has to pay any penalty. Hence, no need to worry about if there is no balance in your account.
SBI BSBD Account Opening Documents
Anyone with valid KYC documents can open this savings account at the nearest SBI branch. The documents required to open an account are as follows:
- Identity Proof- Aadhar Card/Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Driving License
- Address Proof- Aadhar Card/Voter ID Card/Driving License
- 2 passport size photos
SBI BSBD Account Opening Form
To open the Basic Savings Account at SBI, the customer has to fill up the account opening form which is available at the bank branch.
Just like SBI Fixed Deposit, the customer can open this savings account singly or jointly. Also, the customer can not have any other SBI Savings Bank Account if he/she has a Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account. Once this account is operational, the already existing Savings Bank Account will have to be closed within 30 days.
- Any other SBI Savings Bank Account holders can not open SBI Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
- If anyone already has a savings account, then it has to be closed within 30 days of opening the BSBD account
- The savings can also be converted into BSBD account on request without any fee
- Maximum 4 withdrawal in a month including ATM withdrawals at any SBI ATM, other Bank’s ATM, transactions through other modes including RTGS/NEFT/Clearing/Branch cash withdrawal/transfer/internet debits/standing instructions/EMI, etc.
- No further debit allowed post the usage of 4 withdrawals in a month
- Zero balance account with no charges involved
ATM Withdrawal Rules for Other SBI Savings Account Holders
- 8 free ATM transactions in a month across metro cities. These transactions include 5 at SBI ATMs and 3 at other bank ATMs.
- 10 free ATM monthly across non-metro cities – 5 each at SBI and other bank ATMs.
- Transactions beyond the permissible free limit will incur a charge of ₹20 along with 18% GST.
- On transactions getting declined owing to insufficient balance, a charge of ₹20 plus tax will be levied.
- A charge of ₹22 plus tax will be incurred on each cardless withdrawal at ATMs.