- Check the features and benefits of all the credit cards offered by Citibank Bank.
- Go through the fees of all the credit cards and explore their offers.
- Check the process to apply for the Citi Credit Cards and Citi Card Login.
Citibank is one of the top players of credit and India and has thousands of customers who use its services. If we talk about Citibank Credit Card then it has a variety of offers and benefits. There are multiple credit cards offered by Citibank and all of them have a good credit limit and reward point offers. On the other hand, you can even enjoy complimentary access to the airport lounges through the Citibank Cards. There is more to explore because these credit cards have never-ending features. You have the opportunity to earn thousands of reward points through these credit cards and redeem them by buying vouchers from multiple brands. Let’s move on to all the credit cards that are offered by Citibank in India.
Quotes from 11 banks | Best Offers and Rewards
Best Citibank Credit Cards in India May 2022
Currently, if you are willing to apply for the Citibank Credit Card then there are 6 cards offered by the bank. You must go through all the cards and then make a final choice.
|Credit Cards||Rewards, Cashback, Miles||Annual Fee|
|IndianOil Citi Credit Card||Zero Annual Fee on spend of INR 30000 or more in a membership year|
|Citi Rewards Credit Card||Get 10 reward points on spending every INR 125 on apparel and departmental stores||INR 1,000, to be reversed on annual spends of INR 30,000 or more|
|Citi Cash Back Credit Card||Enjoy 5% cash back on spends||INR 500|
|Citi PremierMiles Credit Card||Get 10 miles on spending every INR 100 on airline transactions||INR 3,000 (First year fee waived for priority customers)|
|First Citizen Citi Credit Card||- Earn thousands of reward points through this credit card.|
- There is a fuel surcharge waiver available on this card.
- Enjoy welcome benefits on this credit card on your first spend.
|The Fee will be Communicated at the Time of Issuance.|
|Citi Prestige Credit Card||- Earn many reward points through this Citibank Credit Card.|
- Have Card Lost Protection and Air Accident Insurance on this credit card.
- Get global Concierge Service and complimentary golf lessons.
|INR 20000 + Taxes|
IndianOil Citi Platinum Credit Card
It is one of the best Fuel Credit Cards in which you can earn thousands of turbo points. These turbo points are redeemable at the refilling stations. You can explore other benefits of this card below.
- Get 4 turbo points for every INR 150 spent on fuel at authorized Indian Oil retail outlets across India
- Earn 2 turbo points for INR 150 spent on grocery and supermarkets
- Get 1 turbo point for INR 150 spent on dining, shopping, etc
- Get the turbo points redeemed against fuel purchase at more than 1200 authorized Indian Oil retail outlets across India and INR 1 of free fuel on redeeming a turbo point.
- Redeem the points earned instantly at select online partners and merchant outlets
- Gift vouchers on redeeming points at major brands
- Enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver
Citi Rewards Credit Card
The name says it all that you can earn reward points through this card. There are reward point offers and you can redeem those reward points on the reward point redemption website of Citibank.
- Get 10 reward points for spending every INR 100 on apparel and departmental stores
- Earn one reward point on all other spends
- Redeem the points earned instantly at select partners
- Earn 2,500 points on the card activation
Citi Cash Back Credit Card
If you are fond of watching movies at theatres then this credit card gives you cashback on movie tickets. There are some more benefits given below:-
- Enjoy 5% cash back on the purchase of movie tickets
- Get 5% cash back on telephone bill payments
- 5% cash back on utility bill payments when done through Citibank Online Bill Pay
Citi PremierMiles Credit Card
This Citibank Credit Card is best for air travelers because it has many interesting offers on flight bookings. Here are all the exclusive features and benefits of this credit card.
- Get 10 miles for every INR 100 spent on airline transactions and at the website of PremierMiles
- Miles can be redeemed at more than 100 domestic and international airlines
- Enjoy the luxury of miles transfer to airline partners such as Air India, Jet Airways, Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Etihad Airways, Eva Air, Malaysia Airlines, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Thia Airways, Flying Blue, Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, etc. Miles can be transferred to the hotel partner Taj InnerCircle.
Citibank First Citizen Credit Card
This Citibank credit card is best for earning reward points. You can buy apparel and accumulate thousands of reward points.
- Enjoy a welcome benefit of up to INR 5250 on this credit card.
- Earn 14 Reward Points per INR 200 at Shoppers Stop and private brand apparel.
- Earn 10 Reward Points per INR 200 at Arcelia, MAC, Clinique, Homestop, Jo Malone, and Estee Lauder.
- On any other expenditure of INR 200, you will earn 2 reward points.
- Enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on this credit card
- Spend INR 30000 or more in a year and waive off the annual fee.
Citibank Prestige Credit Card
This credit card will give you a lavish experience and you can enjoy the concierge services on this card. There are many other offers available on this Citi Credit Card that you can explore below:-
- You have the opportunity to earn 1 reward point on spending INR 100 from this card.
- Enjoy Global Access and other Services on this credit card.
- Have 4 complimentary golf access and golf lessons at the leading golf clubs in India.
- Get an Air Accident Death Cover of up INR 5 Crores on this Citi Credit Card.
- There is a Lost Card Protection cover of INR 10 Lacs.
- Have overseas medical insurance of USD 50000.
- Enjoy unlimited access to the airport lounges through this Citibank Credit Card.
Exciting Cashback Offer on Citibank Credit Card Online Application
Before diving into Citibank credit cards and their respective offers, let’s just quickly go through an exciting offer of INR 1,000 cashback applicable to those applying for a credit card online. The offer is valid for a minimum spend worth INR 5,000 within 120 days of the card issuance. Type Promo Code CITI1000 at the prescribed space in the online application form to be eligible for the offer. Sounds exciting, isn’t it?
Referral Programme – Another Exciting Addition
The bank runs a credit card referral programme by which you can earn rewards or gift vouchers. If you already hold a credit card or savings account with Citibank, you can refer your friends and family members for Citibank credit card and earn cash up to INR 9,999. If you do not have any relationship, you can earn Flipkart vouchers worth up to INR 5,000.
How to Refer Family Members or Friends for Citibank Credit Card?
You can refer using Facebook or Gmail. Another way is to enter your name, email ID, mobile number and Citibank credit card number and click on ‘Proceed’ to refer. You may have to enter the details of the individual you refer to.
Citi Credit Card Eligibility
You can check your eligibility for Citibank credit cards on the website of the lender. All you need to do is to mention your personal and professional details before Citibank can list out the cards for you are eligible for. As a matter of fact, both salaried and self-employed with a minimum of 18 years can apply for a card.
Submit the following documents supporting your identity, residence and income.
Identity Proof – PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card/Driving License
Residence Proof – Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card/Driving License/Utility Bill
Income Proof – Latest salary slips (Salaried), Income Tax Return (ITR), balance sheet and profit & loss account for the last 2-3 years (Self-employed)
Citibank Credit Card Apply at Wishfin?
The process entails the following steps –
- Visit the official website of Wishfin
- Go right down the bottom to see a list of pages under ‘Credit Cards’
- Click on ‘Citibank Credit Card’
- The page will open with details regarding the card
- Amidst card details, you can also see a form asking you to mention your personal and professional details
- Once done, submit the application
How to Apply on Citibank Website?
- Visit the official website of Citibank
- Go to ‘Credit Cards’
- Click on ‘Apply Now’
- Click on the card you want to apply for
- Enter relevant personal and professional details before submitting the application
How to Apply at Citibank Branch?
- Visit the nearest Citibank branch
- Ask for the Credit Card Application Form
- Mention the details correctly
- Submit the form along with relevant KYC documents
- The application will get processed and approved upon a successful verification
Citi Credit Card Application Status
Applied for your favourite Citibank credit card? Want to know the exact status of the application? Go online and find that out. You can visit the bank’s website to know whether the application is approved, pending or rejected. Whatever the status may be, you can see that online. The status can also be known giving a call to the customer care or the concerned bank branch.
Citibank Credit Card Bill Payment
You can pay the bills by any of the payment options –
- Internet Banking
- Demand Draft
- Payment Gateways
Citibank Credit Card Customer Care Number
If you have any concern or query related to your Citibank credit card, nothing to worry as the customer care of the bank is always at your support. It can give you complete guidance regarding your new or existing credit cards. You can get in touch with the executives 24×7 on 18602102484 (for resident Indians) and +912249552484 (for people outside of India) and tell your queries to them. No matter which city you live in, the bank with its best of customer care team will solve any query of yours.
Citibank Credit Card Limit
The Citibank Credit Card limit would mostly depend on your income, repayment potential and CIBIL score, etc. Ideally, the income should be sufficient to ensure a smooth payment of the card dues. Plus, the credit score should be 750 and above to get a higher limit.
How Should You Utilize Your Citibank Credit Card Limit?
You should do so by
- Making discretionary purchases
- Spending keeping in mind the income and other obligations
- Ensuring the limit is utilized on purchases that fetch you more reward points, discounts, cashback and other privileges
Can Citibank Raise the Credit Limit Afterward?
Yes, the bank can raise the limit based on a variety of positive cues, such as timely payment track, effective credit utilization ratio, besides the usual income and repayment capability. Citibank would keep a close look at how you repay the dues. And if it’s found that you have been paying on time, there’s a growing possibility that the bank would raise the limit. So, keep maintaining a strong repayment track to get the approval for a hike in the limit after a year or so from getting the card.
Citibank Credit Card Login
Citibank credit cards come to you with many impeccable features and benefits, and one of them is providing you with the login facility. Yes, you can anytime log in to your Citibank account and can do various things with your account. You can know the status of your card, if you have applied for a new one, or check your previous transactions, or explore numerous other possibilities.
Citi Credit Card Statement – Important to Check
A proper track on the expenses is always beneficial to live a hassle-free credit card experience. And how it’s going to be achieved, any guesses? It’s the statement that will help achieve the same. The statement can be accessed on the e-mail ID as well as by requesting the same at the nearest Citibank branch. The statement will provide a complete detail of the expenses made, reward point summary, along with taxes and late payment charges, if levied. You can thus get to know the reward points earned and redeem them at several online and offline brands.
How Do I Check My Citibank Credit Card Balance?
You may forget to keep a tab on the available credit card balance while you are busy shopping. In the process, you can bump out more of the credit limit available. This makes it necessary to know the available balance. How will you know it? Simple, just log in to your Citibank net banking account, go to ‘Account Summary’, then to ‘Choose Credit Cards’ and choose a particular card for which you want to know the balance.
You can get a summary of the balance as well as the total outstanding on a particular date. Alternatively, you can text an SMS by typing CARDBAL followed by a space and the last four digits of your credit card number from the registered mobile number. Last but not the least, you can ring the 24×7 customer care center to know the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I activate my Citibank credit card?
You can activate your Citibank credit card using the Citi Mobile App. You just need to log in to your mobile banking account and then click the ‘Activate Card’ button. By using your card information and entering the 6-digit OTP, you can complete the activation process.
2. Who can apply for a Citibank credit card?
An Indian citizen within the age of 18 years to 70 years with a fixed monthly income and a good CIBIL score can apply for a Citibank credit card.
3. Does Citibank offer credit cards for different categories?
Citibank offers credit cards in different categories such as travel, shopping, fuel & lifestyle and the customer can choose the credit card as per his requirements. In addition to that, the bank also extends corporate cards for companies and institutions.
4. Does Citibank offer an add on credit card?
Yes, Citibank issues an add on credit card for the primary credit card with the same terms and conditions. The add on credit card will have a unique 16-digit card number which will be linked to the main credit card for billing purposes.
5. Which is the best Citibank credit card?
It totally depends on the usage of the credit card holder. However, Citibank Prestige, Citibank Rewards, Citibank PremierMiles are some of the most popular Citibank credit cards.
6. Which Citibank credit card will match my requirements?
You can choose the credit card that will match your requirements by selecting the right category. Citibank credit cards are primarily grouped under Travel, Fuel, Shopping, Lifestyle and Cashback categories. If you travel a lot then perhaps a travel card will best match your requirements. However, if you travel by your own conveyance then a fuel credit card will be the best option for you.
7. Do Citibank credit cards have a validity period?
Yes, Citibank credit cards come with a validity period of three years. However, the bank dispatches a replacement card before the expiry of your existing credit card.
8. What are various shopping rewards that come along with a Citibank credit card?
You can earn attractive reward points on all your shopping spends across various merchant outlets in India and abroad with Citibank Rewards Credit Card, Citibank Rewards Domestic Credit Card and the Citibank Platinum Credit Card.
9. What are the options for a lifestyle credit card by Citibank?
Citi Prestige Card, a premium lifestyle credit card which gives you access to exclusive deals and privileges. You earn 1 reward point on every INR 100 spent and also get a welcome gift of 2,500 reward points.
10. Does Citibank offer free miles with the Citi Premiermiles card?
Yes, Citibank offers 10 Miles for every INR 100 that you spend on airline transactions. Also, get 8 Miles for every INR 100 spent on Flipkart, Amazon India, and Myntra. Moreover, you can earn 4 Miles on every other INR 100 spent. You also get 10,000 welcome miles when you activate the card and 3,000 bonus miles when you renew the card.