Health Insurances 168 views
When it comes to buying health insurance online, it would not be wrong to say that with plenty of options available it becomes quite convenient to have an insurance. Many insurance providers offer various plans these days so as to fulfill the varied needs of all. You can go online, check quotes in seconds, and can easily avail the health coverage, depending upon your needs.
But, with plethora of options, the possibility of confusion will surely arise, and you might end up buying a wrong health insurance. However, buying a right health insurance is really very important as it will be good for you and your family. Thus, to buy a perfect health insurance, you need to have an expert guidance as it is a serious matter for you and your family.
So, for your reference, this article will share with you some important tips that will help you to buy the health insurance that is just right for you. Yes, whether you are looking for short-term medical, critical illness, individual major medical or hospital or surgical insurance, this article shares with you few important tips that you need to know before buying the health insurance online:
Table of Contents
Access Your Needs
There is no denying on the fact that buying the health insurance is a financial commitment that usually may end up paying more for what you need, if you don't have an appropriate health coverage.
- For how long you will need the coverage? For example-If you are a self-employed individual, of course you want to have an individual major medical plan. However, if you recently lost your job, you might look for short-term medical plan.
- How to use your health insurance? Do you normally visit the doctor for preventive care only and rely on your insurance for the unexpected situations? Or you visit your family doctor many times in a year? Calculate the medical expenses of you and your family throughout the year.
- Do you anticipate a change for your medical needs? If you are planning to have a baby or foresee using the health insurance more or less as compared to in past, you need to also take this thing into consideration. Is there any hereditary medical condition in your family that you have risk of having at this point. Moreover, this is something you also need to consider.
- Are you in need of extra-protection? Will an ancillary plan with lum-sum benefits of hospital stays, surgeries and major illnesses be helpful for you to save money?
Know Your Budget
Knowing your budget, before availing the health insurance is absolutely important. How much you can afford to spend on health care? You need to consider the premium, copay, coinsurance, prescriptions, drugs, and many more services not covered by insurance, and some out-of-the-box medical expenses. Whenever you compare the quotes and health insurance plans online, so do consider your budget.
Gather Information and Health History
In order to buy a perfect health insurance, you will need to have the birth dates, addresses, and last, but not the least coverage start date for each and everyone on the health insurance policy. When it comes to limited medical insurance plan, it will more likely be guaranteed issue, which further means that no instant approval and underwriting. Whereas, in case of individual major medical, you need health histories of each applicant along with a certificate of coverage. Moreover, you need to provide the information like:
- Hospitalizations and surgeries
- Any severe medical condition such as asthma, heart disease, allergy, diabetes etc.
- Irregular test results
- Family medical history
- Prescription drugs taken in recent years
- Doctor visits in recent years
Compare Plans and Premiums
Before taking this big decision of your life, all you need to do is just start comparing different health insurance plans available in the market. Yes, once you start comparing them, you will get to know what benefits other insurance companies are offering. You need to compare them closely on the basis of premiums, copay, coinsurance, deductible, prescribed drugs, and various other out-of pocket costs involved. Once you are 100% satisfied with the benefits and features that you are getting, then go ahead and buy a cover in your budget.
Look at the Network Providers
Take the plans which you consider are best for you, and start examining the provider lists. Try to evaluate the providers on the basis of-access to the doctors, specialists, clinics, hospitals, and various other medical care services. And, then come to the conclusion.
Take Help from Experts
Before saying yes to any health insurance policy, all you need to do is just ask the experts. Yes taking the second opinion from experts is always advisable as it allows you to make a better decision, and you will finally end up buy the best health insurance policy that offer you maximum benefits and features.
For your reference here is a list of few health insurance providers available online:
|Insurance Provider||Coverage||Pre & Post Hospitalization Expense Cover||Co-pay||Renewability||Pre-Existing Disease Cover|
|Cigna TTK Health Insurance||Up to 4 family members( 2 adults & 2 children)||60 days pre and 180 days post hospitalization||20% if insured person is over 65 years||Lifetime||After 4 years|
|Star Health & Allied Insurance||Up to 4 family members( 2 adults & 2 children)||30 days pre and 60 days post hospitalization||20% for 61- 65 years old||Lifetime||After 4 years|
|Apollo Munich Health Insurance||Up to 6 family members( with up to 2 adults)||60 days pre and 180 days post hospitalization||Nil||Lifetime||After 3 years|
|Max Bupa Health Insurance||Up to 4 family members( 2 adults & 2 children)||30 days pre and 60 days post hospitalization||20% if insured person is over 65 years||Lifetime||After 2 years|
|Bharti Axa General Insurance||Up to 4 family members( 2 adults & 2 children)||30 days pre and 60 days post hospitalization||Nil||Lifetime||After 4 years|