Is ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Policy suitable for you?
Health Insurances 192 views
What do you do while choosing the health insurance policy? Checking the covers, riders, cover amount and additional benefits, right! You could hear different policies all the year along and may find hard to get the right one that can serve you needs in the best manner possible. The policies differ a lot and that's why you need to carry out a holistic study of all the policies and plan so that you can pick the right one for you. In this article, we will showcase the offering of ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Policy so that you can study its various aspects and take a call on taking the policy.
- Comprehensive cover for you and your family.
- Flexibility to choose from various options on premium, plan and sum insured ranging from Rs 2 lac-10 lacs.
- Does not have any restriction with regards to maximum entry age.
- You can choose sub-limit and modify premium.
- Option to choose a policy of 1-2 years as per the plans.
- Policy is renewable for lifelong.
- Avail 10% discount on a 2-year policy.
- Cover for pre-existing illness post 2-4 years depending upon the plan you have chosen.
- Avail the benefit of add-on covers such as critical illness, daily hospital cash allowance, convalescence benefit, donor expenses.
- Enjoy cashless claim facility at more than 4000 network hospitals across India.
- Avail claim settlement benefits from the company's health claim processing and wellness team.
- Eliminates the need of co-payments for any disease or hospitalization expenses. With co-payments, one has to pay a certain percentage of every claim amount.
- Enjoy a plethora of value-added services such as free health check up coupon, online consultation of diet & nutrition and specialists, online chat with the doctor, discount vouchers and others.
- Get tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
- Enjoy additional sum insured for every no claim year
- Expenses incurred during hospitalization for over 24 hours, such as room rent, ICU charges, fees of doctors and surgeons, medicine bills.
- Cover for expenses incurred 30 days before and 60 days after the hospitalization
- Day care expenses incurred on advanced technological surgeries as well as procedures, not requiring more than 24 hours of hospitalization, such as dialysis, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
What's not Covered
If you are caught with illness within 30 days of the start of the policy except the one that gets incurred due to an accident.
Below are the List of Exclusions Valid for the First 2 Years
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
- Cataract for amount upto Rs 20,000
- Fissures & / or Fistula in Anus, hemorrhoids/Piles
- Hernia, Hydrocele
- Myomectomy, Hysterectomy unless due to malignancy
- Arthritis, Gout, Rheumatism and spinal disorders
- Sinusitis and related disorders
- Joint replacement unless due to accident
- Stone in the urinary and biliary systems
- All types of skin and all internal tumors / cysts / nodules / polyps of any kind, including breast lumps, unless malignant
- Surgery on tonsils, adenoids and sinuses
- Dilatation & Curettage, Endometriosis
- Dialysis required for chronic renal failure
- Surgery on tonsils, adenoids and sinuses
- Gastric and duodenal erosions & ulcers
- Varicose Veins/Varicose Ulcers
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- No cover for any disease or injury or pre-existing disease before the start of the policy. However, the same may not be applicable if you renew the policy with ICICI Lombard for 2 consecutive years for sum assured of Rs 3 lacs, Rs 4 Lac, Rs 5 Lac, Rs 7 Lac, Rs 10 Lac and for 4 consecutive years for sum assured of Rs 2 lacs.
- Naturopathy treatment, acupuncture, acupressure, magnetic and other such therapies.
- Expenses incurred on HIV or AIDS and related diseases, use or misuse of liquor, intoxicating substances, drugs as well as intentional self injury.
- Domiciliary treatment expenses
- Pregnancy, non-allopathic treatment and childbirth related complications, cosmetic, aesthetic as well as treatment related to obesity.
- Injuries caused due to war, civil war or breach of law
- Overseas treatment
- You can buy the policy for any family member, children or parents.
- The insured individual must be above 3 months and 6 years of age in family floater plan and individual health plan, respectively.
- The proposer must an age of more than 18 years.
- Individuals proposed for insurance whose age is 46 years and more have to undergo medical tests at designated diagnostic centers.