- If you are willing to buy a property in Bihar then you can get all the details on Bhulekh Bihar online portal.
- This body is governed by the Department of Revenue and Land Reforms Bihar.
- See the steps to Access Record of Rights related to the properties in Bihar.
Fetching the land records of rights has been a hassle for all in the past. Citizens of the country had to visit various offices, request and put up multiple applications with various officers to avail the details. To curb these issues and reduce the ongoing corruption in maintaining the records to further reduce the disputes relating to land, the Government of India Launched National Land Record Modernisation Programme in August 2008. However, this program further got merged with another ongoing programme called Computerisation of Land Record (CLR). The amalgameted program is now called Digital India Land Record Modernisation Program.
Under this program, all the state governments have been guided to create different cell to ensure the modernisation of the record of rights. The State Government of Bihar has under this programme launched a cell called Bhulekh , Bihar, governed by the Department of Revenue and Land reforms, Bihar.
Bhulekh Bihar is an online platform that allows landowners to view the records of rights of any property under the preview of the Department of Revenue and Land reforms, Bihar. It can be accessed by visiting the portal http://lrc.bih.nic.in/ror.aspx. The department has designed the website in Hindi.
Steps to access Record of Rights (Bhulekh) Bihar
- Visit the website.
- You will see the map of the entire Bihar State on the page.
- Select the District under which the property lies.
- Once you have selected the District, it would redirect you to the map of the district.
- Select the Anumandal that consists of the land in question.
- Once the Anumandal or subdivision is selected, you will be asked to input Mauja details of the property
- You will be required to select the mouja using the alphabets given and the village details prefilled on the website.
- Multiple options are available to search the Khata – Search all Khata of the selected Mauja, View by Khata number, search via khata owners name.
- Once the search is done, you will be able to view the list of available records
- Select the particular record for which you are looking for.
- You can view and download this file. Once opened, a copy can also be printed by the user.
The document consists of a Record of rights, tenancy and Crop inspector register. (In case of agricultural property)
What is Khasra Number?
Khasra number is the plot or survey number given by the government to a particular land. This is an identification done for Agricultural and rural lands. In the Urban part of the country, land numbers are given. Khasra number is one evident part of the record of rights maintained by the government. As it helps the government to identify the land in the village.
What is Records of Rights?
Record of rights is popularly called Jamabandi in India. It contains details of Khasra Number, property address, the name and details of owners, define the mortgages, if any on the property; Leases if any, crop cultivated (in case of agricultural land).
Since India is geographically a vast country, visiting district offices from remote locations becomes difficult for the landowners of the state. Hence to support the citizens and bring ease in getting access to Record of rights, Bhulekh Bihar was launched.