Home Loan Rates 2018 2690 views
- Have a look at top banks offering lowest interest rates on home loans.
- Compare the rates offering by top lenders before you apply for a home loan.
A home loan is a secured loan and is the best option to buy a home as there many lenders offering low-interest rate on home loans. The right lender can surely help you in buying your dream home without making much impact on your pocket. Home loans give you the opportunity to buy a house at an affordable EMI payment.
Banks and NBFCs have certain eligibility criteria on the basis of which they offer the interest rate on a home loan. The factors like your repayment capacity and the CIBIL score play an important role. So, the better your overall profile is, the higher is the possibility to get a lower rate. You can get the loan for up to 85% of the cost of the property and some banks even offer home loans up to 100%. You just need to do a proper research on the options and then finalize your home loan at any bank.
Eligibility & Quotes from top PSU & Pvt. Banks | Lowest Interest Rates | Comfortable Tenure
Table of Contents
Home Loan Interest Rates
The home loan rates have drastically declined and with customer benefiting schemes by the government like PMAY and RERA Act, this is definitely the best time to buy a home. The lowest home loan interest rates on home loans today are 8.35% per annum to 8.50% per annum. However, here we bring to you the top banks offering lowest interest rates on home loans in India so have a look.
Home Loan Interest Rates Comparison Table
With so many options available in the market today, it might get a little confusing to choose the best one. So, have a look at the table with home loan interest rates comparison to check the best home loan for yourself.
|Home Loan Interest Rates Feb 2018|
|State Bank of India/SBI||8.30% - 8.60%|
|Bank of Baroda||8.30% - 9.30%|
|ICICI Bank||8.35% - 8.85%|
|LIC Housing||8.35% - 8.70%|
|Axis Bank||8.35% - 8.75%|
|Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited||8.35% - 11.25%|
|Kotak Bank||8.35% - 8.50%|
|PNB Housing Finance||8.35% - 8.70%|
|HDFC||8.35% - 8.95%|
|Citibank||8.40% - 9.25%|
How can you calculate your Housing Loan Interest?
With the housing loan interest, we mean the EMI you have to pay on your housing loans. For the calculation purpose, a home loan calculator is used. The calculator takes into account the basic details of the loan that is the loan amount, the interest rate, and the maximum tenure. Below is an example for reference purpose.
Table Showing EMI, Interest Outgo, and Total Repayment Amount EMI, Total Interest Outgo, Total Repayment (Interest + Principal)
Total Interest Amount
Table Showing EMI, Interest Outgo, and Total Repayment Amount
EMI, Total Interest Outgo, Total Repayment (Interest + Principal)
How can you get the lowest interest rate on home loans?
The mantra to get the lowest rate is to be eligible for the loan first and second choose the property in good location. On the basis of your age, income, property value, repayment capacity (savings or investments), and credit history, lenders consider your application. These factors along with the set eligibility criteria (subject to change from one lender to another) help you in getting the lowest possible rate. You can check your credit score for free with PAN card online.
Things to consider while applying for a home loan
- Know about your eligibility first
- Check maximum availed amount
- Compare rate of interest of different banks
- Select a tenure as per your financial liabilities
- Find out other cost and hidden charges
- Get information about late payment, default payment, and pre-payment charges
- Is the property valid for availing a loan as per the government norms?
- What kind of benefits will you have with a home loan?
- Find out information about the total interest outgo on your loan amount
- What will be your monthly EMI?
- Maximum tenure to repay the loan
- Possibility of loan conversion
- Pre-closure charges if any
- Are you taking the loan on fixed or floating rate of interest?