Link Aadhaar Card6011 views
Linking your Aadhaar with your bank account has become mandatory by all banks. This linking procedure is as per the mandate issued vide notification dated June 1, 2017, with respect to the changes made under the Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005. Like every other bank soliciting its several customers to link their Aadhaar as soon as possible. On the same grounds, the country’s largest private sector bank, Axis Bank has also kept the provision as simple and easy. Now the Axis Bank customers can link their Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account through many ways encompassing Net Banking, ATM, SMS, mobile banking, mobile app or branch banking. Let’s check out the details of every facility step-by-step:
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account through Net Banking?
- 2 How to Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank Credit Card Online?
- 3 How to Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account through ATM?
- 4 How to Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account through SMS?
- 5 How to Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account through Mobile Banking?
- 6 How to Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account through Mobile App?
- 7 How to Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account through Branch?
- 8 How to check whether Aadhaar is linked to Axis bank account?
- 9 Benefits of Linking Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account
In order to save time, first thing comes up in your mind is Internet(or Net) Banking. Being an Axis Bank customer, you can easily connect your Aadhaar Card number with the bank account in the following manner:
1. Log in to the website of Axis Bank
2. Visit the Internet Banking by clicking on the “Bank Smart” section
3. Click “log-in”
4. Enter your log-in banking credentials like your log-in ID and password.
5. Click on the “Aadhaar seeding” link for registering your details
6. Provide details of your Aadhaar
7. Submit the details
If you are using an Axis Bank Credit card and have a bank account at the same, your card will be linked to the Aadhaar updated in the account. The linkage can be done online via Net Banking. The steps to link Axis credit card are as follows:
- Log in to Axis Internet banking
- Go to the Services section’
- Click on Insta Services
- Opt for Update Aadhaar and submit the details
Looking forward to linking your Aadhaar with Axis Bank ATM? Well, linking procedure is very much easy. Just follow the simple steps as below:
1. Walk-in to your nearest Axis Bank ATM Counter
2. Place your Debit Card in ATM machine
3. Click on Registration
4. Enter your ATM PIN in the relevant fields
5. Select Link Aadhaar number from the options displayed in front of you
6. Select your Account Type(Savings/Current account). If you are linking your savings account then click savings account or else current account.
7. Click on Update
8. Enter your correct Aadhaar number
9. Re-enter your Aadhaar number one more time.
10. Confirm your Aadhaar number by clicking on the ‘confirm’ button displayed on the screen.
Linking Aadhaar with Axis Bank through SMS is a two-way process. Link your Savings Bank account through SMS in the following manner:
1. Type AC< last 6 digits of your savings account number in your mobile phone SMS
2. Send it to 5676782
For example, type 124365879101 AC 683120 to 5676782 wherein;
your Aadhaar number is 124365879101 &
683120 are the last 6 digits of your savings account number.
Once your SMS is received by the bank, the processing of your Aadhaar number will be done by the back-end staff of the bank. You will then receive the notification once the process gets completed.
Don’t wish to log-in your laptop or PC? Don’t worry. Still linking your Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account is possible through Mobile Banking. Just follow simple steps:
1. Log-in to the Axis bank website on your Mobile screen with any of the browser(Google chrome, UC Browser etc)
2. Click on the “Bank Smart” section and click on “ Axis Mobile” under “Mobile Banking” section.
3. Select Insta Services
4. Select Update Aadhaar
5. Download the Axis Mobile app to your iPhone/Android device from App Store/Google Play Store respectively. OR
6. Give a Missed Call to the Axis Bank on the toll-free number at 18004190231 or SMS MBANK to 5676782 to Download Axis Mobile
7. Visit the website link as specified on your SMS
8. Follow the instructions by registering yourself using your Internet Credentials
9. Enter your Aadhaar details
10. Submit the details
Want to link your Aadhaar with Axis Bank instantly within minutes? Well, you need to download your Axis Mobile app on your iPhone/Android/Windows Phone device from iTunes/Google Play Store/Windows Store respectively. If not available, you can also give a missed call to the toll-free number of Axis Bank at 18004190231 or SMS MBANK to 5676782.
In this manner, you will get a link via SMS for downloading the mobile app. Click on that link in order to start downloading the app from iTunes/Google Play Store/Windows Store.
Once the app is downloaded, click on the ‘New Users register here’ link on the login page. Register yourself by filling your Internet banking credentials or through debit card details. Afterwards, enter your Aadhaar card number and submit it. The message will then be displayed on your screen stating that your Aadhaar details with your Bank account have successfully been made.
Visit your nearest Axis Bank branch. Ask from one of the bank representatives to provide you with the “Resident Consent Form” or before visiting the branch you can directly download the same form from the Axis Bank website and carry along with yourself to the branch.
Along with Resident Consent Form, carry your Axis Bank Account number with your original Aadhaar card along with a photocopy of the same. Once you submit the filled-in form to the bank representative, the process then begins of entering your Aadhaar in your Bank Account on the system server by the representative itself.
Once you are over with the procedure of linking your Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account. You are curious to know after 4-5 days whether actually your Aadhaar is being linked or not. So, you find out the ways of doing so. You know to determine your status of your Aadhaar linkage is as simple as your linking process. Go through the procedure below which serves you as your guide:
1. Log in to the website of UIDAI(Unique Identification Authority of India)-
2. Click on “Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status” tab under “Aadhaar Services” menu on the home page screen of UIDAI website.
3. Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code shown on the screen and then click on “send OTP”.
4. Your One-time password(OTP) will then be sent to you on your registered mobile number. Enter that OTP and click on “Login”.
5. If your Aadhaar linking procedure is completed with UIDAI, then it will show “Congratulations! Your Bank Aadhaar Mapping has been done” along with your bank name and linking date.
The name of Axis Bank will only be shown on the screen of UIDAI, if it has been linked with your Aadhaar details very recently. As UIDAI will only show you the very last bank account which has been mapped in with Aadhaar. It will not show you the names of multiple bank accounts inspite of your Aadhaar mapping in all the accounts. Moreover, you can use this facility only if your mobile number has been updated in your Aadhaar data.
Enjoy the privileges that you will get from Axis Bank by being their customer. Just by linking your Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account, get benefited from various government facilities within your reach.
1. Getting various government subsidies by having only a single financial address.
2. Obtaining a direct credit of LPG subsidy from Government into your Axis Bank account
3. Obtaining direct credit of other government subsidies like pensions, welfare funds, scholarships, MNREGA wages etc. into your Axis Bank account
Now filing your ITR, access to mutual fund schemes, demat account or getting subsidies can be availed at instant ease.