Link Aadhaar Card 1870 views
- Check the last date to link Aadhaar with Bank Account.
- Follow these simple steps for Aadhaar Seeding.
You must have recently heard that the government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with all the important documents like PAN card, mobile number and also the bank account. As a result of which, you will have to link all your bank accounts with Aadhaar before March 31, 2018. UIDAI has introduced face authentication feature which is applicable from July 1, 2018.
So, if you have any account in Central Bank of India or any of your family or friends have a savings or a current account, you have to make sure your Aadhaar card is linked. In this article, we will tell you all the possible ways to link Aadhaar with Central Bank account online as well as offline. You can choose your best suitable way.
Table of Contents
- 1 Easy Ways to Link Aadhaar with Bank Accounts
- 1.1 How to Link Aadhaar with Central Bank of India Credit Card Online?
- 1.2 Link Aadhaar Card with Central Bank Account through Branch
- 1.3 Check Aadhaar Card link to Bank Account Status Online
- 1.4 Check Aadhaar Card link to Bank Account Status Offline
- 1.5 Why is it important to link Aadhaar with Bank Accounts?
- Via SMS
- Nearest Branch
- ATM Machine
By far, there is no information available regarding the online, SMS or ATM machine mediums of linking Aadhaar card with Central Bank of India. So, you can link the account with the offline mode of visiting the nearest bank branch. Read below what you have to do.
If you are using a credit card issued by Central Bank of India, you have to link your Aadhaar number just like you have got to do it for the bank account. The steps to link are as follows:
- Login through Internet Banking using the username and password.
- Go to the ‘Main Menu’ tab.
- Follow the process to update Aadhaar in your Credit Card.
If you have a Central Bank of India branch nearby, you have to follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the nearest Central Bank of India branch with a copy of your Aadhaar number or e-Aadhaar if you have not yet received the hard copy of your Aadhaar.
- The bank executive will ask you to submit a ‘Letter of Request’ with the attached photocopy of Aadhaar.
- Your letter and Aadhaar will then verified.
- On the successful completion of the procedure, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number of the customers.
If you have linked your Aadhaar with Central Bank account but want to cross check if it has been successfully done or not, you can simply do it online by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of Aadhaar- www.uidai.gov.in
- Click on ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status’
- Enter the Aadhaar number for which you want to know the status and also the security code.
- On submission of this, an OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with the Aadhaar.
- Mention the OTP and click on ‘Login’.
- You will then be able to see whether the Aadhaar has been successfully linked or not.
You can also check the status of your Aadhaar seeding with the help of your registered mobile number. Just follow the below steps:
- Dial *99*99*1# with your mobile.
- A Pop-up asking you to mention your Aadhaar number will appear.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
- Choose if your entered Aadhar number is correct or you want to change it.
- You will then be able to see all the bank accounts linked with the entered Aadhaar number.
Even if the government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with bank accounts, we would like to know the reason behind it. Did you know that there are many benefits of linking your accounts with this UIDAI? Read here what will you miss if you do not it.
- You won’t get Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Bima Yojana
- You will also not get benefit from LPG Subsidy Scheme
- Last but not the least is the Atal Pension Yojana
All the above transactions will be blocked from the bank account/s not linked to Aadhaar card. So, why not simply link the bank accounts and enjoy these benefits?