The Uttar Pradesh state administration introduced the Kanya Sumangala Yojana as its flagship programme to enhance the well-being of young girls. This programme’s primary goal is to help families with girl children financially, especially in schooling. The programme aims to promote the general welfare of girl children, including their educational, physical, and mental health. It’s critical to comprehend the eligibility requirements, registration procedure, and necessary paperwork to avail of the benefits of this programme. This article will discuss different aspects of the Kanya Sumangala Yojana in-depth.
Kanya Sumangala Yojana: About the Scheme and Its Features
The Uttar Pradesh government formed the Kanya Sumangala Yojana to aid families with female children financially. The programme was launched on October 25, 2019, to address the problem of female feticide and promote the general well-being of girl children. The programme offers eligible families Rs. 15,000 to guarantee that the girl child has access to quality healthcare and educational opportunities.
It is significant to note that this programme is a Mukhyamantri programme introduced by the state government of Uttar Pradesh and differs from the Pradhan Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana.The key focus of this scheme is to support the education of girl children in Uttar Pradesh and eliminate gender discrimination. By providing financial support, the scheme aims to promote an equal gender ratio and eradicate female feticide. Overall, the Kanya Sumangala Yojana aims to ensure the holistic development and well-being of the girl child in Uttar Pradesh.
The Kanya Sumangala Yojana provides the following characteristics and advantages to its beneficiaries.
- The State Government will give the beneficiary a total of Rs. 15,000 in financial help.
- The sum will be paid out in six equal instalments.
- On the day of the birth of a girl born on or after April 1, 2019, the first instalment of Rs. 2,000 will be given.
- After the girl infant has received her vaccination in the first year of life, the second instalment of Rs. 1,000 will be given.
- When the girl kid is admitted to the first standard, the third instalment of Rs. 2,000 will be given.
- The fourth instalment of Rs. 2,000 will be given when a girl is admitted to the sixth standard.
- Upon the girl’s enrolment in the 9th grade, the fifth instalment of Rs. 3,000 will be given.
- The girl child will be eligible for the sixth and final instalment of Rs. 5,000 once she has completed the 10th or 12th grade and been accepted into a bachelor’s degree or diploma programme.
Eligibility Criteria for Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The Kanya Sumangala Yojana is available for those who meet certain eligibility criteria. These are as follows:
- The beneficiary’s family should earn no more than Rs. 3 lakhs annually.
- The family must be able to show evidence of residency and be permanent residents of Uttar Pradesh.
- No more than two girl children from a family are eligible for the programme.
- To benefit from the scheme, an account must be opened within six months of the child’s birth.
- Benefits from the programme are also available to families who have adopted a female child.
- All three children will be qualified for the programme’s benefits if a woman delivers twin girl babies during her second delivery.
These eligibility requirements have been established to ensure that those who need the Kanya Sumangala Yojana’s advantages the most receive them. Families who fulfil these requirements can receive financial support for their girl children’s education and welfare.
Documents Required for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana Online
You must possess the following crucial papers to apply for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana online.
- Aadhar card of the girl’s parents or legal guardians.
- Information about the beneficiary’s or girl child’s banking details and passbook.
- Ration card, which acts as identification and evidence of residence.
- Proof of the family’s or the girl’s caretakers’ annual income.
- In the instance of adopted girl children, an adoption certificate.
- Photographs of the girl and her parents or caretakers that are the size of a passport.
Before applying online for the program, it is imperative to make sure you have all the required documentation available. You must submit the appropriate files and adhere to file size and image quality requirements.
Apply for Kanya Sumangala Yojana Online
Follow the simple steps below to create an account for your daughter under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana:
- First, go to Chief Minister Kanya Sumangala Yojana’s main website.
- In the Citizen’s Service Portal’s menu, click on “Apply Here”.
- If you already hold an account, use your login credentials to sign in. To register, click on “I Agree” after reading the terms and conditions.
- Complete the registration form with all necessary information, then select “Send OTP” to confirm.
- On the registered mobile number, you will receive an OTP that you must input for verification on the following page.
- Use your ID and Password to log into the website after the verification procedure is finished.
- Click “Submit” after completing the Kanya Sumangala Yojana online enrolment form with all the necessary information.
You can effectively open an account for your daughter under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana online and take advantage of its benefits by adhering to these easy steps.
Address and Helpline Information of Kanya Sumangala Yojana
Here are the contact numbers for the helpline if you need assistance or information regarding the Kanya Sumangala Yojana:
- The Directorate of Women Welfare, Government of Uttar Pradesh, is responsible for carrying out the programme.
- The Directorate is situated at Jawahar Bhawan on Ashok Marg, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- For any assistance or queries about the Kanya Sumangala Yojana, you can get in touch with the Directorate’s office.
The helpline information is intended to make it simple for beneficiaries to contact someone for assistance with the application process, eligibility requirements, or paperwork needed for the programme.
The Uttar Pradesh government’s Kanya Sumangala Yojana aims to aid households with girl children financially. Through the promotion of education, the abolition of gender discrimination, and the eradication of female feticide, the programme seeks to guarantee the holistic development and well-being of girl children. The Kanya Sumangala Yojana is a fantastic programme for the welfare of girl children, and qualified families should benefit from it by submitting the required papers and fulfilling the requirements.
1. Who can participate in the Kanya Sumangala Yojana programme?
The Kanya Sumangala Yojana is open to all girls born on or after April 1, 2019. The candidate must also be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh, and the family should earn less than 3 lakhs per year.
2. How can I determine if my Kanya Sumangala Yojana registration has been approved?
Visit the official portal and log in with your credentials to verify the status of your Kanya Sumangala Yojana application. Options like view application, monitor registration, track beneficiary, and track application will be available once you log in.
3. After Kanya Sumangala Yojana registration, can I make changes?
Unfortunately, you cannot alter anything once you’ve completed your Kanya Sumangala Yojana application form. The accuracy and correctness of all the information given on the application form must be guaranteed. Your registration will be denied if any incorrect information is discovered.
4. Can an 8-year-old girl register for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana programme?
You can apply for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana programme to obtain the 4th stage amount for an 8-year-old girl. However, you have six months from the birth of your girl kid to apply for the programme.