Savings Account1160 views
- Steps to open a savings account offline.
- Documents required to open a savings account.
A savings bank account is one of the first accounts we open as soon as we cross the age of 18. It is important to get your income and its proof, save money and use it whenever required. Almost all banks in India now offer zero balance savings account online and offline. Some have preferred opening their bank account online and others have rather visited their nearest bank branch to open a savings account offline.
If you are also one of those who still prefer banking services offline, that’s totally ok. In this article, you will find out the steps to open a savings account offline along with the documents required to apply for the same.
Table of Contents
How can you open a savings account offline?
The steps you need to follow to open a savings account offline at your bank’s nearest branch is given below:
- Visit your nearest bank branch
- Fill up account opening form
- Submit KYC documents (ID and Address proof)
- Fix your passport size photos on the form
- Submit a signed cheque if required
Submit the signed form to the branch and your bank account will be active within a few days.
What are the documents required to open a Savings Account?
The documents required to open a bank account are very simple and listed below:
- Proof of identity – Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- Proof of address – Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- PAN card
- Form 16 (only if PAN card is not available)
- 2 latest passport size photographs
How to check bank account balance on phone?
You can check the status of your bank balance on phone via call or SMS. The account holders can contact the bank via toll-free number of the bank and know their account balance without sharing their account details to the executives. The IVR machine would need your debit card number and CVV number to tell you the current account balance. Another way to check the status is via SMS to 6 digit number of the bank. Some accounts such as Kotak 811 can be opened via Kotak 811 mobile app.