Credit Card Payment Offers 20197077 views
- Be greeted with 4,000 reward points and grab 5,000 at renewal
- Dining discount, travel benefits only add to the appeal
A bundle of membership reward points on shopping and renewal is what makes The American Express ® Gold Card India a hit among the masses. If you apply for this card, the following benefits would be there to avail.
- 4,000 bonus membership reward points would be credited on doing 3 card transactions within 60 days.
- 5,000 membership reward points in store for you at the time of renewal.
- Enjoy 20% discount on dining
- Travel booking benefits
- 24×7 card related assistance
- Exciting redemption options and much more
The card can even be enabled for contactless payment. Listening to these attractive lines must have made you apply for the card, right! And when you hear them in detail, the temptation to have this card in your wallet would get even stronger.
Quotes from 11 banks | Best Offers and Rewards
Table of Contents
- 1 The American Express® Gold Card Offers May 2019
- 2 Joining & Annual Fees
- 3 The American Express® Gold Card Credit Limit
- 4 The American Express® Gold Card Eligibility Criteria
- 5 How Can You Apply for The American Express® Gold Card?
- 6 The American Express ® Gold Card Customer Care Number
- 7 The American Express ® Gold Card Bill Payment Online
- 8 The American Express ® Gold Card Statement
The American Express® Gold Card Offers May 2019
Take your shopping experience to the next level by leveraging the exciting features of the card. The features include American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card India and much more to capture your imagination. Just take a look below and get lost in the frenzied shopping offers the card has on offer.
- 1 membership reward points for every¹ spend of ₹50 except on insurance, fuel, utilities
- Earn 4,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® Points on using the card thrice within 60 days of the issuance, post the payment of annual fee
- Earn 1,000 Bonus Membership Reward Points on using the card 6 times for transactions worth ₹1,000 and more each month
- Get 5,000 Membership Reward Points upon renewal of first year card with a payment of annual fee. Within 90 days of the renewal, the points will be credited to your account.
- A 20% off every time on dining at select restaurants
- Benefits on your travel bookings with MakeMyTrip.com
- Enjoy increased flexibility in spending with no pre-set limit2. The term implies that the charges are approved based on your spending pattern, credit record as well as account history. It does not mean an access to unlimited transactions.
- Round-the-clock card-related assistance services
- Emergency Card Replacement Facility Available
- 2 supplementary gold cards at no extra cost
- Redeem reward points from the fabulous 18 carat and 24 carat gold collection
- Additional gold credit card to be provided which is free for life3 as long you hold the same
- Till July 31, 2017, you will earn 1,000 membership reward points® when you complete 4 transactions each of ₹1,000 or more in a calendar month. Starting July 1, 2017, you will earn 1,000 Membership Rewards® points when you complete 6 transactions each of ₹1,000 or more in a calendar month on American Express Gold Card.
- This means that your charges are approved on the basis of your spending pattern, financials, credit record and account history. Please note that ‘no pre-set limit’ does not mean your spending is unlimited.
- In addition to this Card, you will also receive the American Express Gold Credit Card which is free for life. Please note, this Card will be Lifetime free as long as you hold the American Express Gold Card. In case, you want to apply for American Express Gold Card only, Please SMS “GOLD” to 5616166
1. With effect from 20th October 2014, you will no longer earn Membership Rewards Points on your American Express Card for all your spending on fuel, insurance and utility (electricity, water and gas bills) payments. Fuel includes petrol, diesel, CNG from Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs). Utility services include providers of household/domestic electricity, gas and water. These providers can be government departments and agencies including local, state, municipal organizations, public housing societies and apartment associations.
Telecommunications includes providers of landline phones, mobile phones, internet services, cable and other pay TV services, and calling cards. Fuel includes petrol, diesel, CNG from Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs). Other utility services include providers of household/domestic electricity, gas and water. These providers can be government departments and agencies including local, state, municipal organizations; public housing societies and apartment associations.
Joining & Annual Fees
- Joining Fee-₹1,000 plus applicable GST
- Annual Fee-₹4,500 plus applicable GST
The American Express® Gold Card Credit Limit
The credit limit is ascertained on the basis of income, credit score and repayment capability an applicant would have. With a greater income and higher score, chances of getting higher credit limits would only boost. Even if you are given a limit lesser than what you were expecting, there’s nothing to worry as the noted credit card issuer can raise the limit after finding your repayment track to be smooth and fine for a period of 1 year and above. For that, you may either receive a call from American Express or have to request the same from your end. But then, you must not get overboard by spending too much and let the bill spiral out of your control. This will only create a situation of default which can make you compromise on various essentials that you may not like. And understandably so, as they form the base of your day-to-day routine. So, use your discretion while making card spends and keep your bills under control so that you can pay them comfortably and on time.
The American Express® Gold Card Eligibility Criteria
Follow these eligibility criteria and get an entry into the world of comfort and convenience.
- An individual with over 18 years of age having a sound credit history without any payment default is the basic necessity while applying for the card.
- Self-employed must have been trading for more than 12 months.
Documents Required to Avail The American Express® Gold Card
Keen to know the documents sought by American Express (AMEX) to approve your credit card application? Check out the below pointers to know the documents needed.
- Identity Proof-Aadhaar Card/PAN Card/Passport/Voter ID/or any other document supporting as a proof of identity
- Residence Proof- Latest telephone or electricity bills/Aadhaar Card/Passport/Voter ID or other documents showing the proof of your residence
- Income Proof- Latest salary slips for salaried, last 2-3 years ITR for self-employed
- Passport Size Photographs
How Can You Apply for The American Express® Gold Card?
Looking to apply for the gold card? But don’t know the way to do it? Come online and apply for your favourite card offering a host of benefits to grab. By applying online, you can kick out the hassles of visiting the branch and waiting for your turn to come if there are many in the queue. You can do it at Wishfin, a premier online marketplace to compare and choose lucrative credit card deals besides attractive loan and investment offers. All that you need is to share a few personal and professional details before submitting the application. Wishfin will forward your application to American Express after getting your consent. You can choose from any of these three modes – Application Form, Chat and WhatsApp – to apply for Gold card.
How to Check The American Express® Gold Card Application Status?
- Visit the official website of American Express
- Click on ‘Online Services’
- Click on ‘Track Now’ under ‘Track Your Application’
- Enter the mobile number and application reference number
- The status would then be shown on the screen
The American Express ® Gold Card Customer Care Number
Dial the 24×7 customer care number – 18004191120 or 91-124-2801111 to resolve any issues you may face with an American Express Gold Credit Card. Be it the bill payment methods or reward points, the executives are here to resolve all those with utmost accuracy.
The American Express ® Gold Card Bill Payment Online
You can pay your American Express Gold Card bills online via net banking using the option of National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT). You just need to add the card to your online account and pay it on or before the due date to avoid a default. Remember that a default can not only impose late payment charges but also worsen your credit profile. So, when there is an online mode available, make sure to use it to pay on time. A regular payment would help you avoid late payment charges that get incurred on failing to pay on time. Besides, a timely payment schedule helps boost your credit record, helping you gain an easy access to the new credits you may apply in the future.
The American Express ® Gold Card Statement
You must check the statement regularly to keep a track of the transactions made, reward points earned, etc. The statement would give a sight of the total dues, minimum due and due date. Checking the statement regularly would also let you plan your spends better. You can get the statement on your e-mail ID or on the online page of American Express Credit Card. With the former, you may require a password to view the statement. Instructions for the password would be there on the e-mail ID to see.