- Willing to a Buy a Mobile Phone through a Credit Card? Know the options you have.
- Decide whether to buy a phone through EMI or in Full.
- Check the difference between making the full payment or converting the transaction into EMIs.
Every e-commerce websites have exciting deals on Mobile Phones of various brands. You can grab some discounts or cashback through a credit card if you make payment for the phone. But there are some individuals who are in a dilemma whether to buy a mobile phone through EMIs or in full payment. Well, you must see the difference between buying a mobile phone in full payment or through EMI using a credit card, and then it would be easy for you to make a one-sided choice. Both the options are available on a credit card and you can opt for any option at your convenience. Let’s see the major differences between these two payment options in case you are buying a mobile phone.
Table of Contents
Buy a Mobile Phone in Full Payment or Through Credit Card EMI
You have both the options on a credit card whether to buy it using the full credit limit or converting your transaction into EMIs. You can choose any option as per your choice.
Buying the Phone Through Full Payment
You can make the payment of the mobile phone wholly using your credit limit. Suppose you have a credit limit of ₹60000 and the value of the phone is ₹55000 then you make the payment of that phone in full. There are certain advantages and disadvantages of buying the mobile phone in full. You can explore all of them below:-
- No interest will be charged by the bank on the outstanding amount until the due date.
- You will not have to keep an eye on the EMIs every month as you have made the full payment of the phone.
- You will have to clear the whole outstanding amount before the due date otherwise the bank will start charging interest on it.
- This option is only suitable for those individuals who have the capability to pay their bills before the due date.
- If you are buying a mobile phone between the range of ₹10 to ₹20 thousand then this option will fit best.
- You also have the option to make the minimum amount due to payment and can pay the balance amount in the next month.
- Some people use this option to enjoy Cashback and discounts on mobile phones that might not be available in EMI Option.
Buying the Phone Through EMIs
You have another option to buy a mobile phone through a credit card and that is through the EMI option. In this option, the bill amount of ₹55000 thousand will be divided into EMI and it will become convenient for you to pay it every month. But there is a drawback of this option that you will have to pay extra interest and that will be added into your EMIs. On the other hand, you will get a time of 6 to 24 months to pay the outstanding amount and it will remove the burden of paying the whole amount at once on the due date.
There are certain features of this option and you can explore all of them below:-
- You are free to choose the tenure and that depends on the bank.
- The tenure can be of 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 18 months, and 24 months.
- The bank will charge applicable interest on the outstanding amount.
- Your principal amount cannot exceed your credit limit.
- The rate of interest depends on the bank which credit card you are using.
- Usually, most banks have no processing fee to convert the transaction into EMIs.
- This mode of payment is preferred only by those individuals who are not capable of clearing their dues on the next due date.
- Sometimes the online websites also have Cashback and discount deals on credit card EMI transactions.
Now you can make your choice whether to buy a Mobile Phone in Full or through EMI using a credit card. All the credit cards will offer you both the option and it is up to you to choose a better option. You have seen the pros and cons of both the modes of payments and now you can choose any one of them. You must decide the option depending upon the capacity to repay the debt.