A credit card is a simple plastic instrument that becomes your dear friend when the cash in your wallet dries out. Be it shopping, traveling, or meeting emergency needs, a credit card stands by you. When the cash in hand and cash at the bank become null and void. When you look at the list of credit cards available in today’s times, it is endless. There are shopping cards, travel cards, fuel cards, cashback cards, and much more. Choosing from the exhaustive list is a thankless job, isn’t it? Recognizing this difficulty, we have come up with a list of the best credit cards in India that you would like to shop with. These cards have exclusive features and benefits that allow you to save some bucks.
These cards have reward points, discount offers, cashback, free movie tickets, and plenty more to interest the shopper in you. So, why not glance at the exclusive list of cards and choose the one that can fulfill your shopping desire?
Quotes from 11 banks | Best Offers and Rewards
List of Top 20 Best Credit Cards in India August 2022
Want a credit card to shop for your favorite goodies? A bunch of credit cards in India with a wide range of benefits are shown in the table below. Compare and Choose from the list that resonates with your shopping demands and go through the striking features of every card.
|List of Best Credit Cards||Striking Features of the Credit Cards||Suitability||Joining Fee||Annual Fee|
|SimplySAVE SBI Card||- Multiply your reward point 10 times per ₹150 spent on dining, movies, departmental stores, and groceries.|
- Convert heavy transactions of above ₹150 into EMIs.
|Best for Grocery Shopping||₹499||₹499|
|BPCL SBI Card||- Enjoy 13X Reward Points at BPCL Fuel Stations.|
- Earn 2000 Bonus Reward Point as an activation bonus.
|Best for Fuel Purchase||₹499||₹499|
|ICICI HPCL Coral Credit Card||- Redeem 2000 reward points against the fuel purchase of ₹500.|
- Get 2.5% Cashback on Fuel Purchase at HPCL Fuel Stations.
|Best for Fuel Purchase||₹199||₹199|
|ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card||- Earn 2 Payback Points per ₹100 on all the transactions.|
- Get up to 15% off on dining at over 800 restaurants in India.
|Best for Dining||NIL||NIL|
|HDFC Doctor’s Superia Credit Card||- Earn 1000 bonus reward points as an activation gift.|
- Enjoy 3 Reward Points per ₹150 on this credit card.
|Best for Medical Professionals||As applicable by the bank||₹1000|
|HDFC Regalia Card||- Enjoy free access to the airport lounges through this credit card. |
- Get up to 25% off on dining using this credit card.
|Best for Luxurious Experience||₹2500||₹2500|
|Citibank Citi Cashback Credit Card||- Get 5% cashback on movie tickets.|
- Enjoy a cashback of 5% on the utility bill payment.
|Best for Earning Cashback||₹500||₹500|
|Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card||- Get 5000 reward points as an activation bonus on this credit card.|
- Get 5% cashback on grocery, departmental store, and supermarket spending.
|Best for Grocery Shopping||₹999||₹999|
|SBI Pulse Credit Card||- Get a Noise Color Fit Smart Watch as an activation bonus.|
- Enjoy 10 Reward Points per ₹100 on Pharmacy, Chemists, Movies, and Dining Expenditures.
|Best for Fitness Freaks||₹1499||₹1499|
|SimplyCLICK SBI Card||- Get 10X Reward Points on Amazon, Apollo 24X7, BookMyShow, Eazy Diner, Cleartrip, Netmeds, and Lenskart.|
- Multiply your reward points 5 Times through online transactions.
|Best for Saving Money||₹499||₹499|
|HDFC Money Back Credit Card||- Get 500 Cash Points as an activation bonus. |
- Earn 4 Reward Points per ₹150 on all the online transactions.
|Best for Earning Cashback||₹499||₹499|
|Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card||- Prime Customers of Amazon can grab 5% back on Amazon.|
- Non-Prime Amazon Customers can grab 3% back on Amazon.
|Best for Online Shopping||NIL||NIL|
|Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card||- Enjoy an activation bonus of ₹3300 on this credit card.|
- Get 5% Cashback on Flipkart and 2GUD.
|Best for Online Shopping||₹500||₹500|
|Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card||- Earn 4X Reward Points per ₹150 on this credit card.|
- Enjoy a Fuel Surcharge Waiver of 1% at the refiling stations.
|Best for Luxurious Experience||NIL||₹999|
|Axis Bank ACE Credit Card||- Enjoy 5% Cashback on the Utility Bill Payments through this card.|
- Get 4% Cashback on Swiggy, OLA, and Zomato.
|Best for Saving Money||₹499||₹499|
|Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card||- Grab discounts on movie tickets on Paytm through this card.|
- Get up to 40% off on Swiggy 4 times a month.
|Best for Dining||₹500||₹500|
|Axis Bank NEO Credit Card||- Get 10% off on Myntra using this credit card.|
- Enjoy 10% Cashback on Mobile Recharge using Freecharge.
|Best for Shopping||₹250||₹250|
|SBI Prime Credit Card||- Enjoy a Voucher worth ₹3000 as a welcome gift on this credit card.|
- Have a Club Vistara Silver Membership for free.
|Best for Earning Vouchers||₹2999||₹2999|
|SBI Elite Credit Card||- Get a welcome gift of ₹5000 on this card in the form of vouchers.|
- Enjoy complimentary access to the airport lounges through this card.
|Best for Earning Reward Points||₹4999||₹4999|
|Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card||- Get 15% cashback on OLA through this card.|
- Enjoy 10% off on Zomato and Grofers using this credit card
|Best for Saving Money||No Joining Fee||₹49|
Note – The fees & charges would also include 18% Goods and Services Tax (GST) over the same.
Detailed Features and Benefits of the Top Credit Cards
You have explored all the striking features of the best cards. But here you can see the other benefits of the cards in detail.
SimplySAVE SBI Card
This card is one of the best credit cards available that will help you to earn reward points and other discounts. You can explore the features of this card below.
- Earn 2000 bonus reward points on spending ₹2,000 within the first 60 days of the card issuance.
- Accelerated reward structure in the offing with 10X rewards on every ₹100 you wish to spend on movies, groceries, departmental stores, and dining.
- The gift of annual fee reversal is up for grabs on spending ₹90,000 in a year.
- Get a fuel surcharge waiver on your vehicle refill with transactions worth between ₹500-3,000.
- It has accelerated rewards for moviegoers, grocers, diners, etc.
- Annual fee reversal with ₹90,000 yearly spends.
BPCL SBI Card
This card is the best for managing your fuel expenses. You can save some bucks on fuel transactions using this credit card.
- Enjoy 4.25% value back, equivalent to 13X reward points on fuel spent at BPCL petrol stations.
- 1% surcharge waiver on refilling the vehicles for every transaction of up to ₹4,000.
- Earn 2,000 activation bonus reward points worth ₹500 on the joining fee payment.
- Reward points earned can be redeemed instantly for BPCL vouchers, and fuel purchases at BPCL outlets or at Shop n Smile rewards catalog.
- 5X rewards for every ₹100 spent on grocery, departmental store, dining, and movies.
- The card ranks among the best fuel cards in India by giving 13X reward points on fuel spends at BPCL outlets along with the 1% fuel surcharge waiver on vehicle refill.
- Welcome benefit of 2,000 activation bonus reward points worth ₹500 on the payment of the joining fee.
- Accelerated reward structure with 5X rewards on grocery and several other retail spends.
ICICI HPCL Coral Credit Card
If you want to cut off your fuel expenses then this credit card will be best for you. It has various offers on fuel transactions that you can explore below.
- Get 2 PAYBACK points on spending every ₹100 towards retail purchases excluding fuel.
- Redeem 2,000 PAYBACK points for a fuel purchase worth ₹500.
- Earn 2.5% cashback on a minimum purchase of ₹500 and enjoy a 1% surcharge waiver on vehicle refill at HPCL petrol pumps.
- Enjoy your dining at over 800 restaurants with a minimum 15% discount.
- Get a discount of ₹100 on booking 2 movie tickets a month at BookMyShow.
- A top fuel card with redemption and surcharge waiver.
- Rewards & cashback on retail spending.
- Discount on dining and movies.
ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card (Offered Against Fixed Deposit)
You can redeem the earned reward points against cash with this one of the best credit cards in India and also earn dining discounts.
- There is No joining & Annual fee on this credit card.
- A minimum 15% discount on dining at more than 800 restaurants.
- Discount worth ₹100 on up to 2 movie tickets a month at BookMyShow.
- Enjoy a Fee waiver on reaching the threshold.
- Reward redemption for cash.
- Discount on dining and movies.
- Get your credit revolved at a low-interest rate of 2.49% per month.
HDFC Doctor’s Superia Credit Card
Do you know why this card comes on the list of best credit cards in India? One of the reasons is the welcome benefit of 1,000 reward points that you get on joining and you should also check out the other reasons mentioned below.
- 1,000 reward points at the time of joining.
- 1,000 reward points at the time of renewal.
- Earn 3 reward points per every ₹150 spent, with 50% more on dining.
- First-year fee to be reversed on spending ₹15,000 in the first 90 days of the card setup date.
- Renewal fee to be reversed on spending ₹1 lakh in a year before the date of renewal.
- Air voucher worth ₹8,000 on spending ₹5 lakhs on the card.
- Enjoy savings of up to ₹8,300 with complimentary lounge access and fuel transactions.
- Enjoy Complimentary lounge access through this credit card.
- Earn Reward Points on retail spending.
HDFC Regalia Card
This credit card is best for earning reward points. You can save a lot of money through this credit card and earn reward points too. The salient features of this credit card are below
- Earn 15,000 bonus reward points on spending ₹8 lakhs or more in an anniversary year, which denotes a 12-month period from the setup date of the card or the last date of upgrade or downgrade.
- Get 4 reward points per every ₹150 spent and redeem them against lifestyle options
- Earn 10,000 and 15,000 reward points on spending ₹5 lakhs and ₹8 lakhs, respectively, in a year.
- Up to 15% discount on dining at premium restaurants in India.
- Complimentary airport lounge access via Priority Pass Program membership.
- 9 Club Vistara points on spending every ₹100 on all Vistara flights.
- Get an additional 5 kg baggage allowance.
- Get Accelerated rewards on spending.
- Enjoy a discount on dining at restaurants.
- Have Complimentary Airport lounge access.
- Have a Priority check-in and baggage allowance.
Citibank Citi Cashback Credit Card
A cashback card that helps you save on your retail purchase, movie tickets, etc. This is a cashback card that helps you save money on your retail purchase, movie tickets, etc. You can check the striking features of this card below.
- Enjoy 5% cashback each on purchasing movie tickets, telephone bills, and other utility payments.
- Get up to 15% discount on dining at partner restaurants.
- EMI options are available at over 2,000 consumer electronics and mobile outlets, as well as top retail chains and e-tailers for transactions above ₹2,500.
- You will earn Cashback on card spending.
- Enjoy Discount on dining at partner restaurants.
- Get Attractive shopping deals at leading brands across different categories.
- Enjoy the Smart EMI feature of this credit card.
Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card
You can earn cashback and discounts through this credit card. It is the best credit card for making your day-to-day transactions and earning reward points through it. The features of this card are:-
- 5% cashback on every ₹150 spent at supermarkets and departmental stores
- 3X rewards on spends made other locations
- Cashback and discount on leading brands from time to time
- 5% cashback on every ₹150 spent at supermarkets and departmental stores.
- 5% cashback on every ₹150 spent at supermarkets and departmental stores.
- 3X rewards on spends made in other locations.
- Cashback and discount on leading brands from time to time.
- Cashback on supermarket and departmental store spends.
- Accelerated rewards.
- Seasonal cashback and discount on leading brands.
SBI Pulse Credit Card
It is one of the best credit cards in India that focuses on your fitness. You can enjoy health benefits on this card and explore the exclusive features below:-
- Have a Noise ColorFit Pulse SmartWatch as a welcome gift worth ₹4999.
- Get a free Fitpass Pro Membership and Netmeds First Membership for one year.
- Enjoy 10 reward points on spending ₹100 on Pharmacy, Chemist, Movies, and Dining.
- Get 2 reward points for spending ₹100 on all the other categories.
- Spend ₹4 Lacs in a year and earn an e-voucher of INR 1500.
- Have a Fraud liability cover of ₹1 Lac on the Pulse Credit Card.
- Get 8 complimentary visits to the airport lounges in a year through this card.
- Enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on this credit card.
SimplyCLICK SBI Card
Enjoy Log-in Joining Gifts from Amazon, E-shopping Rewards from top brands like Lenskart, UrbanClap, etc. and milestone Rewards in the form of e-voucher and fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions are also there.
- Earn 10X Reward Points on online spending with top partners like Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Lenskart, etc.
- On all other online spending, you can earn 5X Reward Points. Every offline spend, you can earn 1X Reward Points.
- On spending ₹1 lakh in a year, you will get an e-voucher worth ₹2,000.
- If you spend INR 1,00,000 in a year, you can get your annual fee (₹499) waived off in the following year.
- A Welcome Benefit of Gift Vouchers from Amazon worth ₹500 on the payment of the joining fee.
- Enjoy the contactless technology on your daily purchases with your SBI Credit Card.
HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card
Enjoy the Super-saver facility on your every transaction with instant cashback on your HDFC Credit Card. For every spend of yours, you will feel rewarded in the form of reward points using this best credit card.
- On every spending of ₹150, you will earn 2 Reward Points. Suppose you spend ₹600, you will get 8 Reward Points.
- Shopping online with your MoneyBack Credit Card? Well, there are 2X Reward Points for you to enjoy, which means 4 Reward Points on every ₹150 spent.
- Redeem earned reward points against benefits across different categories like Travel, Hotel Bookings, etc.
- Welcome Benefits in the form of 500 Cash Points when you pay the Membership Fee. Get your annual fee waived off in the next year if you spend ₹50,000 and above in the first year.
- Convert your big purchases into monthly installments with SmartEMI Facility on your credit card.
- You will get a Gift Voucher worth ₹500 on the spending of ₹50,000 every quarter. If you calculate it, you can earn ₹2,000 Gift Vouchers in a year.
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
It is one of the best credit cards for shopping in India because you can grab the best deal on Amazon through this card. You can explore the offers of this credit card below:-
- Have a 5% cashback on Amazon if you are a prime member of Amazon.
- Have a cashback of 3% on Amazon through this card if you are a non-prime member.
- Enjoy 2% cashback by using this card on Amazon Pay at 100+ partnered merchants of Amazon.
- Get 1% cashback on all other categories like shopping, insurance, dining, and holidays.
- Save up to 15% on dining at over 2500 restaurants across India under the Culinary Treat Program through this credit card.
- Get a Fuel Surcharge waiver of 1% at all the refilling stations.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
If you are a shopping freak then this credit card is one of the best shopping credit cards in India that gives you exclusive deals on Flipkart’s official website and mobile application.
- Have a welcome and activation bonus of up to ₹3300 on this credit card.
- Enjoy a Flipkart Voucher of ₹500 after doing your first transaction from this card.
- Get a cashback of 5% on Flipkart and 2GUD through this Card.
- Have a cashback of 4% on the Cure.fit.
- 4% Cashback on Goibibo, PVR, Ubereats, and Urbanclap.
- Enjoy a cashback of 1.5% on all other categories.
- Get 5% cashback on shopping from Myntra.
- Make a Booking on MakemyTrip and get a cashback of 4%.
- Enjoy 4 Complimentary Access to the Domestic Airport Lounges in India.
Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card
You will enjoy complimentary access to the airport lounges through this credit card. It is the best credit card to have a luxurious experience.
- Redeem the reward points earned through this credit card on mobile recharge, Air Tickets, and at 10,000 merchandise stores through easyrewardz.
- Multiply your reward point 4 times on every spend of ₹500 and it is one of the best credit cards in India.
- Get Complimentary access to Airport Lounges in India.
- Enjoy privileges such as gourmet meals, Widescreen Television, Resting Ares, Newspapers, Magazines, Free Wi-Fi Facility, etc.
- Get a cover of ₹2.5 Lacs in case of the card loss and is used for any fraudulent means.
- Enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver on using the card for transactions worth ₹500 to ₹3000.
- The maximum waiver is limited to up to ₹3500 per year.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
This card is the best for making utility bill payments and ordering food online through Zomato and Swiggy App. There are many other offers available on this card that you can explore below.
- Spend ₹10,000 within 45 days from the card issuance date and waive the annual joining fee.
- Get a cashback of 5% on bill payment of the gas bills, electricity bills, DTH bills, and other utility bills on Google Pay.
- Have a flat cashback of 4% on Swiggy.
- Enjoy a cashback of 4% on OLA.
- Get 4% cashback on Zomato.
- There is a cashback of 2% on all other spendings through this credit card.
- There is no maximum limit on cashback.
- Enjoy a discount of up to 20% at the 4000+ partnered restaurants in India.
- Get 4 complimentary visits to the domestic airport lounges.
- Enjoy a Fuel Surcharge waiver of 1% at all the refilling stations up to ₹500 per month.
Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card
The Axis My Zone Credit Card will give you a great experience in dining. Whether you visit a restaurant or order food online through apps. There are many other features of this card that you can explore below.
- Get an Annual Subscription of Sony Liv Premium of ₹999 on your first spend within 30 days of the card issuance.
- Enjoy a 100% cashback on Movie tickets booked from Paytm.
- Enjoy 4 Edge Reward Points per ₹200 spend from the Axis My Zone Credit Card.
- Get a Flat ₹600 off on AJIO on a minimum transaction of ₹2000.
- Get a discount of up to 20% on dining under the Dining Delights Scheme.
- Have 40% off on Swiggy food delivery application up to 4 times a month.
- Get 1 free access to the airport lounge per quarter.
- Enjoy a discount of 1% on fuel surcharge.
Axis Bank NEO Credit Card
The Neo credit card gifts you an Amazon Voucher and Zomato Pro subscription for 3 months. This card would be best for making utility bill payments.
- Enjoy an Amazon Gift Voucher of ₹250, Zomato Pro 3 months subscription, 1mg, and Grofer’s 6 months subscription on your first spend within 30 days of card issuance.
- Get a cashback of 5% on mobile recharges, DTH Recharges, and Electricity Bill Payments through Paytm App.
- Get a 10% discount on Myntra, Grofers, and Bookmyshow subjected to a maximum discount as per the offer.
- Enjoy 1 Edge Reward Point on spending ₹200 from this credit card.
- Have a discount of 40% on Swiggy food delivery applications up to 2 times a month.
- Get 15% off under the dining delight scheme at the partnered restaurants.
SBI Prime Credit Card
It is one of the best credit cards in India for earning vouchers. You can use this credit card for earning reward points along with gift vouchers.
- Enjoy the welcome bonus of up to ₹3000 from any of the following brands:-
- Marks and Spencer
- Hush Puppies
- Shoppers Stop
- Enjoy a complimentary club Vistara silver membership.
- Get free Trident Privilege Red Tier membership and exclusive 1000 points on registration.
- Enjoy a Pizza Hut E-Voucher of ₹1000 after spending ₹50000 in a calendar quarter.
- Get a Yatra E-Voucher of ₹7000 after spending ₹5 Lacs annually.
- Earn 20 reward points on every ₹100 spent on standing instructions for the payment of utility bills.
- Earn 15 reward points on spending ₹100 on Reliance Fresh, Reliance Trends, Reliance Smart, Reliance Footprint, Sahakari Bahandar, and Bigbasket stores.
- Get 10 reward points for every ₹100 spent on groceries, dining, movies, and department stores.
- Have 20 reward points on every ₹100 spent on your birthday.
- Enjoy 4 complimentary visits to the international Airport Lounges under the priority pass program and it will be a maximum of 2 visits per quarter.
- Get 8 Free Visits to the Domestic Airport Lounges with a maximum of 2 visits per quarter.
SBI Elite Credit Card
This credit card is the best for earning reward points on various transactions. It allows you to grab the best deals for redeeming your reward points earned through this credit card.
- Earn an E-Voucher worth 5000 as a welcome gift that can be used on Yatra, Hush Puppies, Bata, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion, and Shoppers Stop and the SBI users consider this card as one of the best credit cards in India.
- Get free movie tickets of up to ₹6000 in a year.
- Enjoy a maximum discount of ₹250 per ticket with a maximum booking of 2 tickets in a month.
- Achieve the transaction limit of ₹3 and ₹4 Lacs and earn 10000 reward points at each milestone.
- Enjoy additional 15000 reward points on achieving the milestone of ₹5 Lacs and ₹8 Lacs.
- Multiply Reward Points 5 times at the dining, grocery, and departmental store expenditure.
- Enjoy 2 Reward Points per ₹100 on every other transaction.
- On every expense of ₹100 at Vistara Flights, earn 9 Club Vistara Points.
- Have a free priority pass worth $99.
- Get 6 Complimentary accesses to the Airport Lounges per calendar quarter.
- Enjoy 1 complimentary lounge visit and 1 Upgrade voucher club Vistara membership.
- Have 4 Free Golf Access at the top Gold Courses with 1 Free Golf Lesson across India.
- Enjoy 24×7 Concierge service through SBI Elite Credit Card.
- Enjoy Free Trident Privilege Red Tier membership.
- Earn 1500 Reward Points at the first visit to the Trident Hotel and ₹1000 hotel credit if you extend the stay.
- Enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all the refilling stations.
Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card
This credit card is the best credit card in India that allows you to earn discounts and cashbacks on OLA Rides, Zomato, and Grofers. There are some other offers available on this card that you can explore below.
- Enjoy an instant discount of 20% up to ₹700 per month.
- Get a cashback of 15% on OLA, up to ₹600 per month.
- Get a discount of 10% on Zomato, up to ₹750 per month.
- Enjoy 10% off on Grofer’s up to ₹1000 per month.
- Enjoy the weekends BOGO offer on INOX – Discounts of up to ₹400 per month.
- Have a discount on Yatra on Domestic Flights, International Flights, and Domestic Hotels per quarter.
- Get renewal benefits in which the monthly fee will be reversed on spending ₹5000
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to Increase Credit Card Limit?
You can increase your credit card limit by choosing the following habits:-
– Make timely payments for your credit card bills.
– Avoid paying only the minimum amount due.
– Keep the credit utilization ratio low.
– Reduce other financial burdens and debts.
– Keep a track of your spending’s.
– Show a high-income proof to the bank and they might increase your credit card limit.
2. Which Credit Card is Better: Amazon ICICI or Flipkart Axis?
The choice of a shopping credit card depends wholly upon your needs. If you prefer shopping from Amazon then you can choose the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit card because it has a lot of offers and benefits on Amazon. On the other hand, if you mostly buy online products from Flipkart then you can grab the best deals on this website by using the Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card.
Therefore, the choice between these two cards depends on the online website you prefer for shopping.
3. Which Credit Card has No-Annual Fee?
If you are looking for credit cards with no annual fee then you can apply for the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card or ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card. Both of them have exciting offers and discounts that save some bucks when you are using them.
4. Which SBI Credit Card would be the best for me: SBI Prime or SBI Elite?
Both credit cards have different purposes to be used. If we talk about the SBI Prime Credit Card then you can use it for shopping online and buying grocery items. On the other hand, the SBI Elite Credit Card grabs the best deals on entertainment like movie tickets. You can enjoy discounts and offers on movie tickets if you are applying for the SBI Elite Card.
5. What Documents should I Submit to Apply for the HDFC Credit Card?
If you are applying for the HDFC Credit Card then you will have to submit the following documents:-
– Identity Proof- Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License (Anyone)
– Address Proof- Ration Card, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Passport, Aadhar Card. (Anyone)
– Income Proof- Latest Salary Slips, Form 16, ITR Documents (Anyone)