Best Credit Card Payment Offers 201810324 views
Even if you miss the credit card bill payment by a day or two, it can be counted as late payment. The obvious consequences are late payment charges, taxes and a mounting bill the next cycle post the incidence. And, if the pattern continues, don’t be surprised to fall into a sea of never-ending debt that has already sunk my friend Sahil Joshi. He has failed to pay the dues on time for 9 months in a row. The total due has reach to such a figure that it has become impossible for him to pay in full. So, he is sticking to a routine of minimum due payment only for the last two months. The minimum due is affordable for him as it constitutes 5% of the total dues.
But Sahil has failed to realize so far that he would never come out of the debt following this path of payment. What’s worse his credit score has fallen to as low as 600, keeping his loan approval for marriage in doldrums. Another problem with Sahil is that he does not go online and instead relies on cash and cheque to pay off the credit card dues. Had he been using several online modes, he would have paid on time, prevented unnecessary charges and got a good score. Sadly, he didn’t do that and so is at the receiving end. But you better go online and pay off the dues on time and enjoy the luxuries that a credit card has on offer.
Credit Card Bill Payment Gets Easier Using Online Channels
- Net Banking
- Debit Cards
- National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT)or Immediate Payment Service(IMPS)
- Electronic clearing service
- Bank Browsers and Mobile Applications
There are many benefits of paying the credit card bills online. First of all, the online payments can be made from the comfort of your own home or office so it is convenient and also time saving and effortless. Online payment is also a safe and secure method of payment.
However, you should keep in mind few important points while making bill payments online.
- Check your credit card statement before making the payment. The statement, which can be accessed online, represents a letter containing the record of the purchases of your current month.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is to check the time it takes for your payments to be processed.
Apart from online payment option, banks offer offline bill payment option as well. They can be seen in the following points.
- Payment through cheques and demand drafts
- You can visit any bank branch and pay your bill over the counter in cash
- Individual banks credit cards bill payment options
You can pay off your outstanding bill using either online or offline. However, online payments are free of any charges. Whereas, offline modes like cash payment can attract fees. So, a user can choose any mode depending on what suits him/her the best.
Table of Contents
- 1 ICICI Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- 2 HDFC Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- 3 Axis Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- 4 SBI Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- 5 Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card Bill Payment options:
- 6 American Express Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- 7 Citibank Credit Card Payment
- 8 RBL Credit Card Bill Payment Options
- 9 What if You Don’t Pay Your Credit Card Bills on Time?
- 10 How Can You Ensure a Timely Payment of Your Credit Card Bills?
- 11 Reschedule Your Due Date If Finding Hard to Pay on Time
- 12 What Forces Credit Card Payment Delay or Default?
- 13 Glance at Credit Card Statement to Keep a Track of Payment
ICICI Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- The bank offers its customers the ‘Click to Pay’ feature which allows them to make use of the Net Banking facility of other banks to make icici credit cards bill payment.
- The ‘Click to Pay’ facility also enables the bank’s customers to pay the outstanding credit card bills using their debit cards.
- Customers can make bill payments using their ICICI Bank accounts through the ‘Bill Pay’ feature.
- Customers can take advantage of Visa money transfer feature to pay Visa credit card bills. And within 3 working days, the payment will be credited to the card account.
- Payments can be made at the nearest ICICI Bank ATM using the bank’s debit card. And guess what, the amount will be credited immediately.
- A cheque or a draft can be dropped at the nearest ICICI ATM or bank branch for making card payments.
- Customers can also make cash payments at the bank’s branches. It will take a day for the amount to be credited to the card account.
HDFC Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- You have an option to use the net banking facility of HDFC Bank to make the payment of your card dues. For that, you would need to register for the service. Customers can link their credit cards to NetBanking, after logging into the bank’s online account.
- Cardholders can use the bank’s mobile banking application to pay the outstanding bills. After installing the mobile application, customers have to log into the application using their Customer ID, access the Credit Card tab and choose the option “Credit Card Payment”.
- HDFC Credit Card bill payments can be easily done at any of the bank’s ATMs across the country.
- Using the HDFC Bank’s VISA CardPay service, customers can make payments towards any other bank’s Visa credit card.
- The bank’s customers can visit any branch to make payments in cash towards their outstanding bills.
- HDFC Bank customers can also deposit a local cheque at drop boxes placed at ATMs and branches to pay the dues.
Axis Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- You can use the internet banking channel to make axis bank credit cards bill payment from the bank’s savings accounts.
- The net banking facility can enable a customer to make the payments of their card dues from other bank accounts as well. The amount will be credited in three working days.
- The bills can be paid from other bank accounts using the Electronic Clearing Service (ECS).
- Customers can make National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) to pay their outstanding credit card bills from any bank account.
- The bank’s credit card holders can also pay bills through Visa Money transfer service.
- Credit card bills can be paid using Axis Bank android mobile application. Customers have to register their mobile numbers to bank using a secured payment channel.
- Customers can also use the Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) to pay the outstanding dues.
- The cardholders can easily pay their outstanding amount by sending an SMS from their registered mobile numbers.
- A cheque or draft can be drawn in favour of ‘Axis Bank Credit Card number’, which should be dropped at the bank’s branches.
- Customers can make cash payments at branches, with the clearance being made the very same day.
- Cardholders can pay the minimum amount due or total outstanding through their bank’s current or savings accounts using the Auto Debit facility.
- Payments can be made at the bank’s ATMs using debit cards by credit card customers.
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- Pay your SBI credit card bills online in a seamless manner using the NEFT. You can avail this option and pay from the comfort of your home or office and even when you are traveling, by using your mobile phone.
- You have the provision to pay your bills using Visa Credit Card Pay option.
- One can use SBI Auto Pay option. This facility can be availed by account holders of SBI and its associate banks.
- Avail ECS as this is a convenient way to pay your credit card bill.
- On your smartphone, download State Bank Freedom application to get access to mobile banking anytime. Thus, you can use mobile banking option to make the payment.
- You can visit SBI bill desk website and make payments using your the bank’s debit card.
- Visit any of the bank branches and ATMs to pay your SBI Credit Card Bills via cheque or cash.
- You can make payments using your SBI debit card at any of the bank’s ATM.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card Bill Payment options:
- You can make your Kotak Mahindra Bank credit card bill payment from the comfort of your own home or office. To make the payment, you first need to enter your credit card details. Following which you would need to choose your bank account from which you wish to make the payment, confirm and then receive an online confirmation & transaction ID.
- You can use IMPS to pay the bills.
- You can pay your card dues using the net banking facility.
- Provision to make payment of your Kotak Card bill from any other bank account via NEFT.
- Facility to avail VISA Payment. Just, login to your online banking account and register your Kotak credit card for VISA Payment and then simply enter the amount you want to pay.
- Deposit cash or drop cheque over the counter by visiting any of the Kotak branches.
American Express Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- You can pay your American Express Credit Card bill easily through NEFT. It can be done within one working day. Firstly, users have to login to their net banking account and register their credit card as a payee.
- Customers can also use the Recurring Direct Debit service provided by American Express to make the bill payment. They can enroll for this service by submitting the filled in credit card – direct debit enrolment form.
- You can also pay the card bill offline by depositing cheque or draft in the drop box.
- Provision to send your cheque or draft through post or courier to an American Express Branch or corporate office.
Citibank Credit Card Payment
- So even if you do not hold a savings or current account at Citibank, you can avail E-pay option to pay the bills. Just visit the official website, click on E-pay, enter card number & amount to pay, choose bank account from where you want to make the payment, login to your account, verify the details and confirm the payment.
- You can even use the net banking of other bank account to pay the bills.
- If you do hold a Citibank account, you can just login to the net banking, if available, to add the card on your account. With the addition of the card, you have two options- Auto Pay or Manual Pay. In the case of the former, the bills will get paid automatically. However, you need to pay the bills individually if you go for manual option. In both the cases, though, the bank will send SMS alerts before and after the transaction.
RBL Credit Card Bill Payment Options
You can pay your RBL Bank credit card bills via App, NEFT and at bank branches. Let’s check out each of them below.
RBL MyCard Mobile App
- Download the App by texting MyCard to 5607011
- Once the installation is complete, you can pay your card bills
RBL Net Banking
- Log in to RBL net banking using User ID and password
- Visit ‘Credit Card’ section and pay the bills
Add your RBL Credit Card from the online account of other bank following the steps shown below.
- Enter the Payee Name as it appears on your RBL Credit Card
- Enter RBL Credit Card Number against Payee Account Number
- Type RBL Bank against Bank Name
- Enter IFSC Code of RBL Bank branch from where you are issued a credit card
- Type branch details such as its location
- Once the card gets added, you can pay the bills
What if You Don’t Pay Your Credit Card Bills on Time?
Failing to pay your card bills on time would lead to the following charges for you to bear.
- Addition of late payment charges
- Interest & taxes
These charges can inflate the bill to a considerable degree in the next billing cycle. Continuing the habit of late payment for a a fairly greater length of time can lead to a bill amount which you may not afford at all. Also, the late payment takes some bite of your credit score and dent your credit report in the process.
So embrace the habit of timely payment and avoid a default. Please share the same to your pals so that they can also experience a smooth credit card journey. Paying on time boosts your credit score and makes lenders consider your loan application, if you make in the future, seriously.
How Can You Ensure a Timely Payment of Your Credit Card Bills?
You can ensure a timely payment of the dues by choosing any of the following ways.
- Set reminders on your phone regarding the due date if having the tendency to forget
- Opt for online modes of payment
- Activate Auto Pay to ensure automatic payment of the bills
- Keep the bills affordable for a timely payment by controlling your impulsive urge
Reschedule Your Due Date If Finding Hard to Pay on Time
Well, nothing can be worked on the intentional delays as far as credit card bill payment is concerned. But there can be some unintentional delays such as the credit of salary a few days after the due date. You can thus talk to the lender and apprise it of this situation. The lender may even ask for the bank statement showing the date of salary credit.
Taking a note of the statement, the due date can be rescheduled by the lender on your request. It would help you pay on time, escape late payment charges and boost your credit score. So, don’t hesitate to reschedule the due date before it gets too late to repair your credit health worsened due to constant payment delays. Call the customer care executives or branch officials immediately to reschedule your due date for a timely payment experience.
What Forces Credit Card Payment Delay or Default?
Many due to irresponsible credit behaviour put themselves in a situation where default becomes a mere fomality. Majorly, it’s the greed to be enjoying the privileges which others do creates a default like situation. The impulsive buying tendencies with a credit card grows manifold up because of the plastic money’s ability to shop out almost everything from online and offline shelves.
Also, to keep up with the peers, one spends beyond the wants and finds himself/herself staring at the mountain of credit card dues. The pattern continues and the time comes when the default actually happens, worsening the credit history and decreasing the credit score. This could seriously dent the future credit prospects if the pattern being allowed to continue further.
Glance at Credit Card Statement to Keep a Track of Payment
Tracking the payment due date is easy when you check the statement provided on your e-mail ID every month. You can also know the payment made via credit card to finance your purchases in a billing cycle. While glancing at the statement, you could see minimum due and total dues. You may be tempted to pay the minimum due, which is calculated at 5% of the overall outstanding balance in a billing cycle.
Obviously, the minimum due would come a lot lesser but you must not make it a practice to pay the minimum due only. The interest will keep mounting as the outstanding balance would enlarge with purchases made month-on-month. And, if the default takes place, late payment charges and taxes would be levied, besides lowering your credit score.
To prevent such a situation, you need to be disciplined in your spends and not allowing the impulsive urge to foot the bill beyond your comfort. See whether the product you are purchasing with a credit card is your need or not. If not, then avoid and keep the bill affordable to pay on time.