Credit Card Payment Offers 3714 views
So often one forgets to make a timely payment of the credit card bill. And it happens frequently in the case of my friend Sahil Joshi, who for the last 6 months has failed to pay the dues on time. As a result, his credit score has got affected. And if he continues to delay the payment, the score would go further down and make him ineligible for a loan in the future. He, surprisingly, relies more on cash/cheque and therefore not able to experience the convenience of online payment. But you must not be like Sahil and should use the online modes of banking to pay off your credit card dues on time. The timely payment would create a positive impression among the lenders who won’t hesitate to offer you the loans or any other credit cards if you require them in the future.
Credit Card Bill Payment Gets Easier Using Online Channels
- Net Banking
- Debit Cards
- National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT)or Immediate Payment Service(IMPS)
- Electronic clearing service
- Bank Browsers and Mobile Applications
There are many benefits of paying the credit card bills online. First of all, the online payments can be done from the comfort of your own home or office so it is convenient and also time saving and effortless. Online payment is also a safe and secure method of payment.
However, you should keep in mind few important points while making online bill payments.
- Check your credit card statement before making the payment. The statement, which can be accessed online, represents a letter containing the record of the purchases of your current month.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is to check the time it takes for your payments to be processed.
Apart from online payment option, banks offer offline bill payment option as well. They can be seen in the following points.
- Payment through cheques and demand drafts
- You can visit any bank branch and pay your bill over the counter in cash
- Individual banks credit cards bill payment options
You can pay off your outstanding bill by using either online or offline. However, online payments are free of any charges. Whereas, offline modes like cash payment can attract fees. So, a user can choose any mode depending on what suits him/her the best.
Table of Contents
- 1 ICICI Credit Card Bill Payment options:
- 2 HDFC Credit Card Bill Payment options:
- 3 Axis Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- 4 SBI Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- 5 Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card Bill Payment options:
- 6 American Express Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- 7 Citibank Credit Card Payment
ICICI Credit Card Bill Payment options:
- The bank offers its customers the ‘Click to Pay’ feature which allows customers to make use of the Net Banking facility available from the bank to make icici credit cards bill payment from other bank accounts.
- The ‘Click to Pay’ facility also enables the bank’s customers to pay the outstanding credit card bills using their debit cards.
- Customers can make bill payments using their ICICI Bank accounts through the ‘Bill Pay’ feature.
- Customers can take advantage ofVisa money transfer feature to pay the bills of Visa credit cards. And within 3 working days, the payment will be credited to the card account.
- Payments can be made at the nearest ICICI Bank ATM using the bank’s debit card. And guess what, the amount will be credited immediately.
- A cheque or a draft can be dropped at the nearest ICICI ATM or bank branch for making card payments.
- Customers can also make cash payments at the bank’s branches. It will take a day for the amount to be credited to the card account.
HDFC Credit Card Bill Payment options:
- You have an option to use the net banking facility of HDFC Bank to make the payment of your card dues. For that, you would need to register for the service. Customers can link their credit cards to NetBanking, after logging into the bank’s online banking account.
- Cardholders can use the bank’s mobile banking application to pay the outstanding bills. After installing the mobile application, customers have to log into the application using their Customer ID, access the Credit Card tab and choose the option “Credit Card Payment”.
- HDFC Credit Card bill payments can be easily done at any of the bank’s ATMs across the country.
- Using the HDFC Bank’s VISA CardPay service, customers can make payments towards any other bank’s Visa credit card.
- The bank’s customers can visit any branch to make payments in cash towards their outstanding bills.
- HDFC Bank customers can also deposit a local cheque at drop boxes placed at ATMs and branches to pay the dues.
Axis Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- You can use the internet banking channel to make axis bank credit cards bill payment from the bank’s savings accounts.
- The net banking facility can enable a customer to make the payments of their card dues from other bank accounts as well. The amount will be credited in three working days.
- The bills can be paid from other bank accounts using the Electronic Clearing Service (ECS).
- Customers can make National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) to pay their outstanding credit card bills from any bank account.
- The bank’s credit card holders can also pay bills through Visa Money transfer service.
- Credit card bills can be paid using the Axis Bank android mobile application. Customers have to register their mobile numbers to bank using a secured payment channel.
- Customers can also use the Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) to pay the outstanding dues.
- The cardholders can easily pay their outstanding amount by sending an SMS from their registered mobile numbers.
- A cheque or draft can be drawn in favour of ‘Axis Bank Credit Card number’, which should be dropped at the bank’s branches.
- Customers can make cash payments at branches, with the clearance being made the very same day.
- Cardholders can pay the minimum amount due or the total outstanding through their bank’s current or savings accounts using the Auto Debit facility.
- Payments can be made at the bank’s ATMs using debit cards by credit card customers.
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- Pay your SBI credit card bills online in a seamless manner using the NEFT. You can avail this option and pay from the comfort of your home or office and even when you are traveling, by using your mobile phone.
- You have the provision to pay your bills using Visa Credit Card Pay option.
- One can use SBI Auto Pay option. This facility can be availed by account holders of SBI and its associate banks.
- Avail ECS as this is a convenient way to pay your credit card bill.
- On your smartphone, download State Bank Freedom application to get access to mobile banking anytime. Thus, you can use mobile banking option to make the payment.
- You can visit SBI bill desk website and make payments using your the bank’s debit card.
- Visit any of the bank branches and ATMs to pay your SBI Credit Card Bills via cheque or cash.
- You can make payments using your SBI debit card at any of the bank’s ATM.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card Bill Payment options:
- You can make your Kotak Mahindra Bank credit card bill payment from the comfort of your own home or office. To make the payment, you first need to enter your credit card details. Following which you would need to choose your bank account from which you wish to make the payment, confirm and then receive an online confirmation & transaction ID.
- You can use IMPS to pay the bills.
- You can pay your card dues using the net banking facility.
- Provision to make payment of your Kotak Card bill from any other bank account via NEFT.
- Facility to avail VISA Payment. Just, login to your online banking account and register your Kotak credit card for VISA Payment and then simply enter the amount you want to pay.
- Deposit cash or drop cheque over the counter by visiting any of the Kotak branches.
American Express Credit Card Bill Payment Options:
- You can pay your American Express Credit Card bill easily through NEFT. It can be done within one working day. Firstly, users have to login to their net banking account and register their credit card as a payee.
- Customers can also use the Recurring Direct Debit service provided by American Express to make the bill payment. They can enroll for this service by submitting the filled in credit card – direct debit enrolment form.
- You can also pay the card bill offline by depositing cheque or draft in the drop box.
- Provision to send your cheque or draft through post or courier to an American Express Branch or corporate office.
Citibank Credit Card Payment
- So even if you do not hold a savings or current account at Citibank, you can avail E-pay option to pay the bills. Just visit the official website, click on E-pay, enter card number & amount to pay, choose bank account from where you want to make the payment, login to your account, verify the details and confirm the payment.
- You can even use the net banking of other bank account to pay the bills.
- If you do hold a Citibank account, you can just login to the net banking, if available, to add the card on your account. With the addition of the card, you have two options- Auto Pay or Manual Pay. In the case of the former, the bills will get paid automatically. However, you need to pay the bills individually if you go for manual option. In both the cases, though, the bank will send SMS alerts before and after the transaction.