Since the inception of the erstwhile Kotak Mahindra Finance Limited in 1985, there is no doubt on the fact that Kotak Mahindra is one of the biggest players in the financial market. Yes, by offering a wide range of services to all the esteemed customers in various sectors like banking, mutual fund, life insurance, stock broking and many more, Kotak Mahindra bank leaves no stone unturned in order to fulfill the varied needs of all. In fact, the bank has also come up with a special scheme of 0% processing fee for the month of August.
When it comes to fulfilling the varied needs, this bank is here with its best of personal loans. Yes, with having 1,214 branches and 1,794 ATMs widespread across the country, this bank is ensuring to serve all the customers by fulfilling their personal needs. No matter what your personal financial needs are, Kotak Mahindra bank is always here for you.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan Interest Rates September 2023
Kotak Mahindra Bank personal loan can easily be availed at an interest rate of 10.99% Onwards per annum. You can get a loan from the bank by paying this interest rate, hence can fulfil your dreams. The process to avail the loan is very easy and simple, you can either apply online or visit the branch for the same.
|Particulars ||Details |
|Interest Rates||10.99% Onwards|
|Loan Amount||INR 50,000 - INR 20 Lakhs|
|Processing Fee||0.99% - 2.25% of the loan amount + GST|
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan Special Offer
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan Interest Rates will be 10.25%* per annum for people whose loan files come for login on April 19-20, 2021.
Interest Rates for People with NTH >50K, CAT A & B
|Loan Quantum (In INR) ||Processing Fee Offer (In INR) |
|0-5 Lakh||3,999 + GST|
|5-10 Lakh||4,999 + GST|
|Silk Loans for Women Applicants||999 + GST (Applicable to all categories and income groups)|
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan EMI Calculator
The Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) is the sum of the interest as well as principal which is payable every month for a personal loan. So now, you must be thinking how Kotak Mahindra Bank will be going to calculate your personal loan EMI. Well, as far as EMI is concerned, it gets calculated in a very hassle-free manner. Moreover, the EMI Calculator of Kotak Mahindra Bank actually takes into account the loan amount, rate of interest as well as the tenure of the loan, to calculate the EMI.
Furthermore, the first and foremost thing that the calculator does is to compute the interest component and then the principal amount that you will have to pay on your personal loan.
Try to understand this thing, with an example listed below:
Example: If you want to avail a loan of INR 3,00,000 from Kotak Mahindra Bank for 5 years, you will be charged with an interest rate of 10.75% p.a. What will be the EMI, total interest outgo, and last but not the least, the total payable from your pocket at the end of your loan tenure? Know the same with the help of the table below.
Well, for your better understanding, you can see the table below by which you can know your EMI, interest and total amount payable with different tenures on the same loan amount.
Table Showing EMI, Interest Outgo, and Total Repayment Amount
|LOAN AMOUNT ||INTEREST RATE ||TENURE ||MONTHLY INSTALMENT ||TOTAL INTEREST AMOUNT ||TOTAL AMOUNT |
|₹ 3,00,000||10.75%||1||₹ 26,480||₹ 17,754||₹ 3,17,754|
|₹ 3,00,000||10.75%||2||₹ 13,948||₹ 34,741||₹ 3,34,741|
|₹ 3,00,000||10.75%||3||₹ 9786||₹ 52,301||₹ 3,52,301|
|₹ 3,00,000||10.75%||4||₹ 7717||₹ 70,430||₹ 3,70,430|
|₹ 3,00,000||10.75%||5||₹ 6485||₹ 89,123||₹ 3,89,123|
EMI, Total Interest Outgo, Total Repayment (Interest + Principal)
|YEAR ||PRINCIPAL ||INTEREST ||BALANCE AMOUNT |
|1||₹ 47,888||₹ 29,936||₹ 2,52,111|
|2||₹ 53,297||₹ 24,527||₹ 1,98,813|
|3||₹ 59,318||₹ 18,506||₹ 1,39,495|
|4||₹ 66,018||₹ 11,806||₹ 73,476|
|5||₹ 73,533||₹ 4348||₹ 0|
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan Eligibility Criteria
To avail the personal loan from Kotak Mahindra Bank, you need to fit into the eligibility criteria. Yes, before offering you a personal loan, the bank will consider your eligibility first. And, if your profile matches with their criteria, there is no one stopping you from availing the loan. To know your eligibility, the bank will consider your age, income, total work experience, qualification and so on. So, if you are a salaried person who is in urgent need of cash, check your personal loan eligibility below.
|Particulars ||Details |
|Age of applicant||21 years - 58 years|
|Years in city||Minimum 1 year|
|Current work Experience||Minimum 6 months|
|Minimum Net monthly income||INR 40,000|
|Minimum educational qualification||Graduate|
|Excluded Sectors||Construction and Real Estate, Airlines and Hotels, Transport and Logistics, Auto & Auto Ancillaries, Textiles, Media, Entertainment, Service Industries, NBFC employees, Consumer Discretionary|
Age-wise Minimum Income Criteria
|Age ||Minimum Income Required |
|<30 Years||INR 40,000|
|<35 Years||INR 50,000|
|<40 Years||INR 70,000|
|>=40 Years||INR 1,00,000|
Few Important Notes to be Kept in Mind
- Bachelor accommodation will not be considered for assessing the personal loan eligibility
- The bank will not consider rental income for FOIR calculation
Now let us understand the loan amount eligibility considering the example shown below.
Example – You are working in a multinational company and getting a salary of INR 90,000 per month. So after cutting all your monthly expenses, you would be saving around 40%-50% of your income every month. Suppose, if you are able to save around 50% of your monthly income, you must be wondering about your personal loan eligibility.
Well, the bank will assume that you will save around INR 45,000 per month out of your monthly income of INR 90,000. Thus, you can effectively use your savings to repay your personal loan EMI. The below calculation will give you a fair idea of the loan amount you could possibly get.
- Amount- INR 2 Lakh
- Loan Tenure – 4 years
- Rate of Interest – 11.5% – 24%
- Your monthly EMI will be INR 5,218 – INR 6,520
- So your calculation for a personal loan would be
- INR 2 lakh x 45000/5218=INR 17.45 lakhs
- INR 2 lakh x 45000/6520=INR 13.80 lakhs
- So, your personal loan amount eligibility will range from INR 13.80 lakhs – INR 17.45 lakhs
Next, thing on which you need to pay attention is the documentation required to get the personal loan in this bank.
|Salaried ||Self-employed |
|Signed application form with recent passport size photographs||Signed application form with recent passport size photographs|
|Age Proof-Passport Copy/PAN Card/ Voter ID card, Photo Driving License with birth date (laminated, recent, legible)/Photo ration card with DOB/Employer certificate/ID/School/College Leaving Certificate||Age Proof-Passport Copy/PAN Card/ Voter ID card, Photo Driving License with birth date (laminated, recent, legible)/Photo ration card with DOB/Employer certificate/ID/School/College Leaving Certificate|
|Identity Proof-Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID Card/Driving License/Overseas Citizen of India card||Identity Proof-Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID Card/Driving License/Overseas Citizen of India card|
|AddressProof-RationCard/Driving License/VoterID Card/Passport/Telephone Bill/Electricity Bill/Overseas Citizen of India Card/Latest IT Return/Original Letter from Company||AddressProof- RationCard/Driving License/VoterIDCard/Passport/TelephoneBill/ ElectricityBill/ Overseas Citizen of India Card/Latest IT Return/Original Letter from Company|
|Income Proof-Salary slip of last 3-6 months, ITR or Form 16, 6 month bank statement||Income Proof-IT returns for the last 2 years along with audited balance sheet, P&L account statement for 2 years|
|Signature Verification Proof-Driving License/Passport copy/PAN Card/Banker’s attestation of Bank Account Statement||Signature Verification Proof-Driving License/Passport copy/PAN Card/ Banker’s attestation of Bank Account Statement|
|Ownership Proof: Electricity Bill/ Water Bill/ Sales Deed/ Receipt of Tax paid||Ownership Proof: Electricity Bill/ Water Bill/ Sales Deed/ Receipt of Tax paid|
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan Online Apply
You can easily apply for Kotak Personal Loan online. The process is simple. Get a Personal loan online with Kotak in 3 easy steps.
- Step 1:Provide your basic details to help the Bank in knowing you better
- Step 2:Determine your eligibility to get a Personal Loan from Kotak
- Step 3:Provide a set of required documents such as your residential proof, income and employment details etc. and within just a few minutes the bank will receive your loan application.
Avail quality service and instant personal loan from Kotak Mahindra Bank and meet your financial requirements without any bottlenecks.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan CIBIL Score
To avail a personal loan from Kotak Mahindra Bank, you need to have a good CIBIL score. Yes, your three-digit numeric summary is something on which lenders always keep an eye on. So, make sure that you have a score of 700 or above out of 900 to enjoy a hassle-free journey. With the help of this score, it would be easy for you to grab the best deal. And, to keep on getting the best deals, it’s important that you maintain a good credit score by keeping certain things in mind such as paying bills on time, etc.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan Preclosure Charges
If you are someone who wants to pre-close his/her personal loan, it is important for you to know that there are certain charges you need to bear. Yes, Kotak Mahindra Bank does allow you to pre-close the loan before the said tenure but there are certain charges you have to face. Talking about the charges, they include-5% of the principal outstanding+GST. Well, which means at the time of pre-closing the loan you have to face the same charges. So, be prepared for the same.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan Online Payment
If you want to make the payment of your Kotak Mahindra Bank personal loan, you would be glad to know that you can easily do the same via online facility. Yes, you can make the payment online so that your loan can easily be repaid. Talking about an online payment, it includes ECS facility, wherein the required personal loan EMI amount can automatically be debited from your account. Yes, with the help of this facility, the required personal loan amount will be debited hence the borrower doesn’t need to bother at all as far as payment is concerned.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan Application Form
You can either visit the branch or ATM of Kotak Mahindra Bank or go online to submit your personal loan application. But make sure to fill the application form correctly before submitting the same. After submitting the application, the bank will also scrutinize the details of your income, official as well as residential addresses, etc. And, the best part is that the loan can be disbursed to you within a week or so, depending upon your profile.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan Application Status
You can easily check the status of your personal loan application by visiting the branch near you. Just give your details, and the executives will tell you the status of your loan application. This way it becomes easy for you to keep an eye on your loan application status.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan Statement
If you don’t know how much EMIs are still pending on your existing personal loan, check the same through a personal loan statement. That’s Right! Kotak Mahindra Bank ensures that you never miss on your monthly installments by sending you a monthly statement on your registered email ID. And by looking at it, you can check all your loan related activities.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Contact Number
Kotak Mahindra Bank with its best and experienced customer care executives are always there to solve all your queries related to your personal loan. You can call or get in touch with these executives to solve your queries. These executives are available 24×7 on this toll-free number: 1860 266 2666.
Factors Affecting Personal Loan Eligibility
First and foremost thing that comes is the personal loan eligibility, which is based on factors such as
- Monthly Income
- Monthly Expenses
- Any Other Loan
- Credit History
- Job Stability
- Relationship with the Bank
- Category of Your Employer
Features and Benefits
- Attractive interest rates
- Flexible repayment options
- Bank Doorstep Service
- Gain quick approval on loans
- Minimal paperwork and hassle-free processing
- No security or collateral required
With Kotak Mahindra Bank personal loan you can fulfil your needs . You can have a grand wedding planned without taking any stress and draining out your savings, you can plan your dream holiday to exotic places, manage unforeseen medical emergencies, can repair, renovate and upgrade your home to a dream home, etc. From planning a big event to facing an unexpected expense, Kotak Mahindra bank personal loan is the solution to all. Available from your comfort of home or office making sure you have seamless experience.
Kotak Bank Personal Loan FAQs
1. How to get a personal loan from Kotak Mahindra bank?
Follow the below mentioned steps to apply for a Kotak Mahindra Bank personal loan:
- – Visit your nearest branch and submit your loan request to the Bank.
- – Determine your eligibility to get a Personal Loan from Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- – Provide a set of required documents such as your address and income proof , your employment details, etc.
- – The bank will receive your loan application within a few minutes.
Once the bank approves your loan application, you will receive the loan funds in your bank account.
2. How much time does Kotak Mahindra Bank take to approve a personal loan?
Once you submit your loan application along with all the necessary documents, the bank can approve and disburse your personal loan within 48 hours if all the documents are in order
3. How long does it take to get a personal loan from Kotak Mahindra Bank?
You can apply for a Kotak Mahindra Bank personal loan within minutes. However, the bank can take up to 48 hours to approve your loan application and disburse the loan amount.
4. What is the minimum personal loan amount in Kotak Mahindra Bank?
Kotak Mahindra Bank offers personal loans starting from INR 50,000. You can check your eligibility and apply for a personal loan with its simple application process.
5. Can I take 2 personal loans from Kotak Mahindra Bank?
Yes, you can take 2 personal loans from Kotak Mahindra Bank, but just like the first loan, you will have to meet the eligibility requirements of the bank. The bank will consider factors like your current income and existing loans while evaluating your loan application.
6. What are the documents required to apply for a Kotak Mahindra personal loan?
The list of documents required to apply for a Kotak Mahindra personal loan are as follows:
- – Identity proof like Aadhaar card, PAN card, Driving license, Passport, etc.
- – Residence proof like Utility Bill, Passport, etc.
- – Bank Statement for the last 3 months with income details.
- – Salary slip for the last 3 months.
- – 2-3 Passport Size photographs.
7. Who is eligible to take Kotak Mahindra bank personal loan?
The eligibility of a Kotak Mahindra personal loan depends on the applicant’s occupation, age, income and various other factors. However, employed individuals within the age of 21 years to 60 years with a constant source of income can apply for a personal loan.
8. What documents are required for Kotak Mahindra Bank personal loan?
The following are the documents needed to apply for a Kotak Mahindra personal loan:
- – 2 or 3 passport-size photos
- – Bank Statements and Salary Slips for the past 3 months.
- – Identity proof like Aadhaar card, PAN card, Driving license, Passport, etc.
- – Residence proof like Utility Bill, Passport, etc.
9. How to check my personal loan status in Kotak Mahindra Bank?
You can check your Kotak Mahindra personal loan status by logging in to the bank’s official portal. Enter your loan details in the Loan Application status option under the Business loan category to check the status of your personal loan.
10. Who can be your co-borrower in Kotak Mahindra Bank personal loan application?
Generally, you can only add your spouse or parents as your co-borrowers. Moreover, your co-borrower would also have to fulfill the Kotak Mahindra Bank’s eligibility criteria.
11. What is the minimum CIBIL score required for Kotak Mahindra Bank personal loan in India?
The higher your CIBIL score the higher your chances of getting approval on your loan application from Kotak Mahindra Bank. Whereas on the other hand, a low CIBIL score would decrease your approval chances. Kotak Mahindra Bank requires a minimum CIBIL score of 650 to be able to apply for a personal loan.
12. How to close Kotak Mahindra bank personal loan?
It’s straightforward to close a personal loan with Kotak Bank. You just need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- – Make a request for foreclosure through the contact centre at any point during your loan tenure.
- – Within three working days, the Bank will send a foreclosure statement to your registered email address.
- – Visit the bank branch to make a payment via NEFT/RTGS or by cheque.
- – Call the customer service department and let them know you’ve made a payment towards your foreclosure.
- – Acknowledge the completion of the payment and the closing of the loan.
- – After the loan is closed, the Bank will send you a loan closing document.
13. How to foreclose Kotak Mahindra bank personal loan?
You can foreclose your personal loan account after 12 months from the date of your first EMI. An intimation period of 3 days is necessary for loan foreclosure. After applying for a loan foreclosure and completing your intimation period, the bank will issue you a foreclosure statement with all the details.
14. How to pay Kotak Mahindra Bank personal loan?
You can make your loan repayments through any Kotak Mahindra Bank branch or through an online payment option.
15. How to check personal loan balance in Kotak Mahindra bank?
To check your personal loan balance in Kotak Mahindra Bank you can:
- – Send a SMS from your registered mobile number with the bank on “9971056767 or 5676788”.
- – Another way is by logging in to the bank’s official web portal. After logging in Click on the “Instalment Loans” Tab in Net Banking or “Loans” Tab in Mobile Banking and to view the Loan outstanding details.
- – You can also reach out to the bank’s Customer Contact Service on 18602662666 between 09:00 am to 07:00 pm from Mon to Sat excluding holidays.
To Know More Details:- https://www.kotak.com/en/home.html