- Check the Full Form of the Term ECS used in Banking Services.
- Know the Types of ECS used in several transactions like ECS Debit and ECS Credit.
- See how you can monitor the ECS services.
Get CIBIL Score Instantly for Free and Save around INR 4,800 a Year (Only for Wishfin Customers)
Instant Personal Loan Quotes from 17 Banks and Get the Best Deal
If we talk about the last decade then people used to make various payments through cash or cheques whether it is the payment of the EMIs on loans or credit card bill payments. But after the introduction of the ECS service, the payments of these bills become easy and convenient. People started preferring ECS service for clearing their various bills but some people don’t know the ECS Full Form. So, the full form of ECS is Electronic Clearance System that means you can transfer funds from one account to another without any hassle. This system is usually used to make bulk transfers like payment of dividends, salaries, interests, pensions, and many others. Let’s explore the types of ECS used in banking.
Table of Contents
Types of ECS
There are two types of ECS used for making payments and it can be used for both that are ECS Debit and ECS Credit.
ECS Credit is used to make the payments to the client in which the client’s account is credited. The ECS Credit included the payment of salaries, dividends, interest, and pensions. Many banking institutions and financial institutions make use of the ECS Credit facility. This facility allows the institutions to add the beneficiaries in bulk and credit the payments to their accounts without any paperwork or instruments.
Uses of ECS Credit
- Corporate Companies use this service to give salaries to their employees.
- There is no need for paperwork to avail of this facility.
- Clients receive dividends automatically into their accounts through the ECS Credit.
- Banks pay interest to their customers.
- There is no need to remember the due date because the payments are made automatically on the dates that were defined earlier.
When an individual uses this facility to make payments of telephone bills, EMIs, SIPs, or any other debit payments then the ECS Debit Facility helps to do so. One can also pay electricity bills through this system but it is necessary to maintain a minimum balance in your account. This facility won’t work if you don’t have sufficient balance as per the bill amount.
Uses of ECS Debit
- You can make use of the ECS Debit System to make the payments of EMIs.
- Many individuals pay their electricity bills and telephone bills using this service.
- Even if you forget the due date, this facility will pay your bills on the specified date.
- You can invest in mutual funds through SIPs using this facility.
ECS Needs Activation
Every account holder needs to activate this service in order to take advantage. You will have to authenticate this service that includes the due date and it will be activated once you give the approval through an OTP.
The ECS service is time-saving and now you know the ECS full form. If in the future, you come across this term, you will already know the full form. ECS stands for Electronic Clearance System and the name clearly states that this service needs electronic means to get activated.