- Access records of properties in Tamil Nadu through Patta Chitta Official Website.
- Individuals can even Download the Amma App on their android phones to check the details of properties in Tamil Nadu.
- You can find the legal ownership of the property online through Patta Chitta.
Every property’s revenue records and details are maintained by the State Government. In Tamil Nadu, this is known as Patta Chitta. Till 2015 they existed as two different documents, however, from 2015 onwards, they were jointly known as Patta.
Patta earlier was known for records of rights of the property, address of the property including district, Taluk, Village, survey number, subdivision, area of land, tax details. Chitta contained the details of owners, area, and size of the property maintained by the village administration officer.
To support the DILRMP (Digital India Land Records Modernisation Programme) launched by the Government of India, these documents are now taken online. The citizens can now access all these land records online by Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta Land Record Cell governed by the revenue department of the state.
Table of Contents
Where Can You Access These Details?
The Patta Chitta can be accessed online on the portal https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html. Also, in 2018 an application called Amma App was launched by the Revenue department available on Android smartphones.
What Services are Available on the Portal?
There are a host of services available on the portal –
- View Patta & FMB / Chitta / TSLR Extract
- View A Register Extract
- Verify Patta
- Know your application status
Application for a Change of name on Patta is not available online. This process is to be done by visiting the office physically only.
How to Apply for Patta Chitta Online?
This involves a few steps and the digital copy of Patta Chitta is available to be viewed and downloaded.
- Visit the official website https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html
- Select “View Patta & FMB / Chitta / TSLR Extract” option.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Select the District from the pre-listed districts in the dropdown.
- Confirm if it is a Rural or Urban area.
- Select the Taluk, Town, Ward Number, Block from the list of dropdowns available.
- Once these details are input, you are expected to select the Survey number and subdivision number in the prefilled drop-down list.
- Lastly, enter the Captcha code visible on the screen and press the Submit button.
- The Patta Chitta will open in a new tab. The copy is digitally signed and reflects the date and time on which it is generated.
Where is Patta Chitta Applicable?
Patta Chitta is issued for lands and not for apartments. It may be issued to the land on which the apartment is constructed. Usually, the ownership of the land on which an apartment is built is divided between multiple people. Hence issuance of Patta is avoided.
Verification of Patta Chitta
Patta Chitta is an important document to claim your legal ownership of the property. During the sale – purchase of property, the seller should provide the Patta Chitta to the buyer to prove his ownership. This is also an important document while applying for a home loan. You can also verify the Patta Chitta provided to you. All you need to do is to Log on to the website – https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html
Browse to the Verify Patta Section. You will be required to Input the Reference number available on Patta Chitta and you would get the verification.
Checking for the Status of Patta Chitta
You can check the status of the application of Patta Chitta online using the link https://edistricts.tn.gov.in/revenue_report/status.html. Use the Application ID and Captcha Code. The Validity of the Patta Chitta can also be checked here by inputting the reference number in place of the Application ID.