Link Aadhaar with Jio Number
It is advisable for the Jio connection subscribers to link their Aadhaar Card with their Jio numbers in order to be able to use the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) services launched by the government. However, it is important for individuals to register their Jio number with UIDAI before they can link it to their Jio connection. Moreover, those who have not registered or updated their Jio mobile number with UIDAI must first go to a Jio outlet to get their re-verification done. However, the procedure of linking your Aadhaar to your Jio connection is quick and easy. There are numerous methods through which you can connect your Jio number with your Aadhaar card. You can link your Jio connection with Aadhaar by using methods such as OTP, IVR, or offline mode.
Link Your Aadhaar With Jio Number Offline
The offline method to link your Jio connection with your Aadhaar card is simple and can be easily done by following a few steps. The following are the basic steps to link your Aadhaar card with your Jio connection offline:
- Head over to the Jio shop near you
- Provide the shop executive with your Jio number and a self attested copy of your Aadhaar card
- You will then receive an OTP on your mail
- Give this OTP to the store executive
- Along with the OTP you will also be required to provide your biometrics
- Jio will then send a confirmation message to your mobile number
- Reply with a 'Y' to the SMS to finish the connection procedure.
Link Your Aadhaar Card with Jio Number via OTP
Another method to link your Aadhaar card to your Jio number is via OTP. The process is simple and can be done by following a few simple steps. However, it is important to understand that this option is only accessible if the number is already registered with UIDAI. The steps for the process are as follows:
- Call the Toll-Free number, 14546, from the Jio mobile number that you want to link to Aadhaar
- Choose whether you are an Indian citizen or a non-resident Indian
- Press 1 to allow your telecom operator to re-verify your Aadhaar
- Now enter and validate your Aadhaar number
- You will then receive an OTP on your mobile number
- Allow the service provider to obtain your Name, Photograph, and Date Of Birth from UIDAI
- IVR will now display the last four digits of your phone number
- Enter the OTP if the numbers spoken out are valid
- However, if you do not have numerous Jio mobile numbers to link to your Aadhaar, press '0' on your mobile phone. Alternatively, press option '1' to allow Jio to proceed with the Aadhaar verification procedure
- Your request will then be approved
- You will receive the notification SMS within 24 hours verifying that your Aadhaar has been linked to your Jio number.
Link Aadhaar with Jio Using IVR
IVR is another method by which you can link your Aadhaar card to your Jio mobile number. Before using this method, please note that this option is only accessible if the number is already registered with UIDAI. Moreover, below are the steps to link your Aadhaar card to your Jio mobile number:
- Dial the Toll-Free number 14546 from the Jio mobile number you want to link to Aadhaar
- Select your preferred language
- Enter and validate your 12 digit Aadhaar number twice
- For verification, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number
- When prompted, enter the OTP on the IVR System
- You will receive an SMS within 24 hours about the successful linking of your Aadhaar card to your Jio number
- This option is only accessible if the number is already registered with UIDAI.