You must be aware of the fact that your Aadhaar Card is the universal identity in India. It is widely
accepted by many organizations as identity proof. But a small spelling error in the Aadhaar Card
might become a problem for you. Therefore UIDAI allows you to change your Address, Email Address,
and Mobile Number if they are spelled incorrectly on your Aadhaar Card. On the other hand, you can
also check Aadhaar update history after updating your details correctly. The history of any update
is stored in UIDAI’s Database and you can check the Update History of your Aadhaar using the Update
Request Number (URN). Let’s move on to the steps to know the Aadhaar Update History online.
Steps to Know Aadhaar Update History Online
You can follow the steps given below to check the Aadhaar Update History Online and it can be done
through the official website of UIDAI.
- Go to the Official Website of UIDAI.
- From the Aadhaar Update Section, choose the Aadhaar Update History option.
- Now you will have to provide your Aadhaar Number or the VID and Security Code.
- Now you will have to choose either the Send OTP to Registered Mobile Number option or Generate
TOTP from the Aadhar App option.
- If you choose the Send OTP option then you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- If you choose the TOTP option then verify the same from the Aadhaar App.
- Enter the OTP or TOTP and then click on the Submit button.
- Now you can see the list of all Aadhaar Updates you have made in the past.
- The list will consist of all updates whether they are performed offline or online.
Importance of Update History of Aadhaar
Here, you must explore the benefits of checking the Update History of your Aadhaar card online:-
- The Update History can be Checked through VID and Aadhaar Number
- You will have to link your Mobile Number with your Aadhaar to check the Aadhar Update History.
- Each and every detail about the Updates will be displayed on the screen.
- It will help you to monitor the changes you have made in your Aadhaar Details.
- You can find out the suspicious changes made in your Aadhaar Information by any other person.
- You can rectify the updates by contacting the UIDAI.
- This facility is only available online and the Aadhaar Seva Kendra Executives cannot provide you
with these details.
- You cannot download the Update Reports but UIDAI gives you the permission to take a screenshot
of the displayed information.
Information Displayed in Aadhaar Update History
The following information will appear in the Aadhaar Update History once you check it. You can see
every single update you have made on your Aadhaar card.
- You can see the Date and Time of the update made on your screen.
- At the top of the result, you can see the Update Request Number (URN) and it can be used to
check Aadhaar Update History Online.
- The Date will also appear in the result when you have submitted the update request to UIDAI.
- You can also see the type of Update you have made whether it is a Biometric, Demographic, or New
- The photo of the Aadhaar Card Holder will also appear in the Update History Results.
- All the details of the Aadhaar Card User like Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Address and Gender will also appear on your screen.
The steps to check Aadhaar Update History online are simple and you can do it yourself. All you need
is to have a PC or Laptop and a proper Internet connection to know the Update History. It can be
done through the official website of UIDAI and using your Aadhaar Number or Virtual ID Number.