Aadhaar Card Enrollment Centres
Government has launched Aadhaar card enrollment centres with the primary objective of enrolling new applicants for Aadhaar and providing assistance in updating the details for existing card holders. All the facilities are provided at an enrollment centre without charging anything, which means that all the facilities are offered for free by the government at an Aadhaar card enrollment centre. However, it is important to note that these facilities are free only for the first time and a fee is applicable afterwards. Moreover, this fee is nominal and is only applicable on some of the tasks and the rates are set by UIDAI. You can visit your nearest Aadhaar card enrolment centre to get your Aadhaar card.
Locating an Aadhaar Enrollment Centre
The UIDAI has made it incredibly easy for people to apply for an Aadhaar card. All you need to do is locate your nearest Aadhaar centre. After locating your nearest enrollment centre, you can visit there to get yourself registered for Aadhaar. Below are the steps to enrol yourself at an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre:
- Visit the UIDAI website
- Select "Find an Enrollment Centre"
- Click the State Pin Code Search Box button
- Enter your details such as District, Sub District, Village, Town, City, etc
- Check the box if you want to search only permanent centres
- Enter the verification code
- Click the "Find a Centre" button.
- Relevant Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres will be displayed on the screen.
Please note that it is advisable to carry all the required documents such as address proof, id proof, etc at the time of visiting enrolment centre to apply for the Aadhaar card. Moreover, users can use any of the following three techniques that are listed below to find the Aadhaar enrolment centres in their area:
1. Identify Aadhaar Enrolment Centres by State:
By selecting the State option, users may find a local Aadhaar card enrollment centre. Using the drop-down list, the user must pick the state in which he lives. Also, the user needs to select the district and sub-district, followed by his locale, village, town, or city from the drop-down list. There is also the option of displaying just permanent centres on the screen. The user must enter the verification code before pressing the search button. The search results are displayed on the screen, along with relevant details such as the registrar's name, the agency's name, the address of the centre, the contact person, the mobile number, the last update date, the centre type (permanent, temporary, or camp), the total enrolment in the last 30 days, and the location of the centre on Google maps.
2. By Using the Postal (Pin) Code to find an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
Users can also use their locality's pin code to determine the location of enrolling centres. The user must input his pin code and the verification number that appears on the screen. After pressing the submit button, the screen displays the results, which include all of the data connected to enrolling centres in the region. You can take down the information and contact them to get your Aadhaar details updated or to enrol in Aadhaar if you haven't already.
3. Using the Search Box to find an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
If the user is unsure about the pin number or specific address, he can use the search box to locate an enrolling centre. The user can input the name of the neighbourhood, city, district, or any other information that he recalls. He must then input the verification code and press the submit button. The results will include pertinent details. Even if the user does not know the specific location, he may simply locate the enrolling centre in his region.
Services Offered at Aadhaar Enrolment Centres
Aadhaar enrolment centres have been established to assist locals in simply enrolling for Aadhaar and having their data updated offline. The following actions are carried out at Aadhaar enrollment centres:
- New Aadhaar enrollment for individuals who were unable to enrol for Aadhaar before.
- If a cardholder misplaces his Aadhaar card or forgets his Aadhaar number, he can visit an enrolment centre to get his Aadhaar number. He can simply go to the enrolling centre and seek a duplicate Aadhaar card.
- If your residence address changes and you want it updated, you must visit any of the enrollment centres with the necessary documentation and have your information changed.
- To link their cellphone number with Aadhaar, all Aadhaar card holders must visit an Aadhaar enrollment centre. It is important to note that customers cannot utilise any Aadhaar-related online services if their Aadhaar is not connected to a mobile phone.
After the age of five, children must visit an Aadhaar enrolment centre to provide their biometric data. When students reach the age of 15, they must return to an enrolling centre to resubmit their biometric data. This biometric data is regarded as definitive and will remain with your Aadhaar for the rest of your life. It is worth mentioning that no biometric data is collected from children under the age of five.