The Central Government of India has made it mandatory to link your Aadhaar card with your bank
accounts. The process to link your Aadhar card to a bank account is simple and can be done in both
ways online as well as offline. It is important to note that the user must be registered with the
bank, in order to avail this facility. However, there are various ways of linking your aadhaar card
to your bank accounts. You can either link your aadhaar card with your bank account via the bank’s
mobile application or via internet banking. Moreover, here is a list of 5 different ways through
which you can link your aadhaar card to your bank account:
- Internet Banking
- Bank’s Mobile App
- Visiting the Bank Branch
- Via an ATM
- Phone (Call)
The process to link your aadhaar card to bank account via every method is mentioned below:
Linking Aadhaar Card with Bank Account Via Internet Banking
The process to link your aadhaar card to bank account through internet banking is as follows:
- Login to your bank’s internet banking account
- Enter your user ID and password
- Click on the “Update Aadhaar with Bank accounts(CIF)” sub-section, under the “My Account”
- Enter your profile password for Aadhaar Registration
- On the next page you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number twice
- After entering your Aadhaar number click on “Submit”
- You will be notified with a message on the next screen of successful linking of your aadhaar
card with your bank account.
Linking Aadhaar card with Bank Account Via Bank’s Mobile Application
Another method to link your aadhaar card with your bank account is via the Bank’s mobile application.
The process is quite simple since it has been made available on the bank’s mobile application for
the customers. The process to link aadhaar card with bank account through bank’s mobile application
is as follows:
- Download the Bank’s mobile application
- Login using your credentials
- Click on the “View/Update Aadhaar card details” option in the ‘My Accounts’ section,
- Click on “Submit” after entering your aadhaar number twice
- Over the next screen you will be notified about the successful linking of your aadhaar card with
your bank account.
Link Aadhaar Card with Bank Account By Visiting the Bank
Another such method to link your aadhaar card with your bank account is by visiting the bank branch.
Account holders might get their account linked with their Aadhaar card by simply visiting the bank
in person. The process for the same is as follows:
- Visit the bank and ask for the Aadhaar linking application form.
- Fill the application form with your bank account details along with your Aadhaar number
- Attach a self attested copy of your Aadhaar card along with the application form
- Submit the application form and other documents at the bank counter
- The bank would accept your application and link your aadhaar card with your bank account.
However, it is important to understand that it might take a couple of days to successfully link your
aadhaar card with your bank account. Moreover, you will be notified about the same on your
registered mobile number.
Link Aadhaar Card with Bank Account at an ATM
Now you can even link your aadhaar card with your bank account with the help of an ATM. All you need
to do is
- Head over to the Bank’s ATM
- Swipe your card and enter your PIN
- Select the “Aadhaar Registration” option under the “Services” menu
- Enter your 12 digit aadhaar number after selecting your account type (savings/current)
- Re-enter your Aadhaar number and press Okay
- You will receive a message about successfully linking your aadhaar card with your bank account.
Link Aadhaar Card with Bank Account through SMS
Account holders can even get their aadhaar card linked with their bank accounts through the SMS
facility. However, not all banks provide this facility therefore it is important to check with your
bank to avail this facility. Moreover, the SMS format along with the bank’s numbers is different
from one bank to another. Below is the process to link your aadhaar card with bank account through
- Type a message in the format UID Aadhaar number Account number
- Send it to 567676
- You would receive a confirmation message when your request is accepted
- The bank will then verify all the details with UIDAI
- Your aadhaar card will then be linked to your bank account. If in case, your verification is
unsuccessful, then you might have to visit your nearest bank branch.
Link Aadhaar Card with Bank Account through Phone
Many banks offer the facility of linking your aadhaar card to your bank account through phone.
Different banks might have different phone numbers to link your aadhaar card to your bank account.
Here is how you can link your aadhaar to your bank account using your phone:
- Give a missed call on the number provided by your bank
- You will receive a call back from the bank where you can select options from the IVR
- Enter your 12 digit aadhaar number and confirm it
- You will receive a confirmation of your aadhaar card being linked to your bank account via a