UPI is a financial transaction platform that facilitates fund transfers without disclosing the bank account details and IFSC code. All transactions are performed with the user’s mobile number and UPI ID. UPI saves an individual from the hassles of online transactions that involve providing bank account details, IFSC codes, and addresses. This disclosure of the information is a primary reason for online identity theft and illegal exploitation of critical information. It is a highly efficient, secure, and seamless method of monetary transactions using a UPI PIN.
The NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) developed the UPI platform. To ensure the safety and security of transactions through the platform, it is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India. A wide range of UPI-enabled apps is operating in India, which can be used to send and receive funds instantly. These apps include PhonePe, Google Pay, and PayTm. The official app developed by NPCI called BHIM is also really popular.
Due to its emerging popularity, UPI is now the largest payment platform in India in terms of the number of transactions. The platform per day processes around 14 crore transactions. One of UPI’s main objectives was to replace cash for transactions of lower values, and it seems to have successfully achieved that, as more than half of the transactions made via the platform were below Rs. 200.
The official mobile payment application launched by NPCI, BHIM, has a ‘Get in Touch’ option that customers can use to lodge a complaint, get answers to a query, or provide feedback.
BHIM UPI Customer Care Number
The government has launched a toll-free UPI customer care number to address queries and resolve complaints related to digital payments. Following is the toll-free UPI customer care number: 022-45414740, 1800-1201-740.
What is BHIM’s’ Get in Touch’ service?
‘Get in Touch’ is a special customer-oriented service launched by the government to address customer queries/ complaints/ feedback. Following are the areas of complaint covered under this facility:
- BHIM Cashback
- Account-related issues
- PIN-related issues
- Login and Others.
How to register a complaint?
If you have a query or complaint related to any of the services mentioned above, you can follow the following steps:
- Go to the BHIM app ‘Get in Touch section.
- Choose the type of service— whether it’s a query, complaint, or feedback.
- If you want to lodge a complaint, click on the complaint type.
- Fill in the details you are asked for carefully.
- Enter the captcha code and submit.
- After the complaint is processed, the redressal will be sent to your email ID. Some people also use banking apps for UPI transactions. In those cases, the bank facilitates a separate UPI Customer service with a UPI customer care number to resolve UPI-related queries and issues.
How to lodge a transaction-related complaint on the BHIM app?
Following is the method to lodge a transaction-related complaint on the BHIM app:
- Go to the BHIM app and select the option ‘Raise a complaint’.
- You will find your transaction history there. Select the transaction against which you want to lodge the complaint.
- After this, two options will be visible to you— raise concern and call the bank.
- Select the ‘raise concern’ option if you want to raise any issue in any transaction. Provide the necessary information in the online complaint form and submit it.
- Select the ‘call bank’ option to talk to a customer care representative. It will connect you to the BHIM customer support representative on the toll-free number 1800-120-1740.
Benefits of UPI
The following are the main benefits of the UPI platform:
- Enables real-time fund transfers via a smartphone round the clock, 365 days a year.
- Grants access to many different bank accounts through a single application.
- Can be used to make online payments, pay utility bills, and make barcode payments.
- It is a secure financial system that doesn’t require your personal details such as bank account number, card number, and IFSC to conduct transactions.
- You can share bills with your friends too.
UPI is an extremely useful online platform for making financial transactions. It helps save lots of time and energy while sending and receiving money online. We hope this blog helps you reach their customer support through the UPI customer care number whenever you need it. Enjoy the app, and stay safe!
1. Do I need a debit card to make UPI payments?
You don’t need to use your debit card every time you make a UPI payment. However, you first need to add your debit card to add the UPI PIN.
2. Are there any risks to UPI payments?
UPI is a completely secure platform. There are no risks involved.
3. Can I send money to someone who doesn’t have UPI?
Yes, but you will need to provide the bank savings account details of the receiver to complete the payment.
Comments are closed.