Women run both house and office and can fall sick while doing so. Keeping that in mind, insurance companies have various health insurance plans for women with impressive features. And these plans are different from the regular health insurance policy because, in this, a woman is not just the spouse or an added member. Here, women are primary insured members who get covered according to their needs. For more information on women’s health insurance plans, read this page.
Which Health Insurance Plans for Women are Available in the Market?
Take a look at the below health insurance plans which offer financial security to women in times of medical emergency.
HDFC ERGO my:health Women Suraksha
It’s a health insurance plan for women aged 18 to 65 years. In this, the following relations can get covered –
- Dependent Daughter
- Dependant Mother
- Mother In-law
- Daughter In-law
- Sister In-law
Under this, you will get coverage against the following –
- Cancer of Breast, Cervix, Uterus, Fallopian Tube, etc.
- Severe Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus with Lupus Nephritis
- Mastectomy, Total Pelvic Exenteration, Breast Lumpectomy or Reconstructive Surgery, Wertheim’s Operation, Radical Vulvectomy, Complicated Repair of Vaginal Fistula, Hysterectomy
- Open Chest CABG, Heart Valve Repair, First Heart Attack of Specified Severity, Coma of Specified Severity, Stroke Resulting in Permanent Symptoms, Balloon Valvotomy or Valvuloplasty, Insertion of Pacemaker, Angioplasty
- 41 critical illnesses as specified in the policy
- Bodily Injury that causes death, Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) or Permanent Partial Disablement (PPD) arising from assault
- Second or third-degree burns
The sum insured ranges from INR 1 Lakh to INR 1 Crore.
Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan
You will get a fixed lump sum amount when you’re diagnosed with a critical illness that is mentioned in this policy. This is a great health insurance plan for women as illnesses like Cancer, Heart Attack, etc. can drain all your savings. And you don’t want your hard-earned money to go into the treatment of an unexpected illness.
Who can get covered under this policy? Self, Sister, Mother, Mother-in-law. Women aged 21 to 65 years are eligible for this health insurance. You will get coverage under this woman’s health insurance plan for 1, 2 or 3 years as chosen at inception. After that, you need to renew the policy.
For a long-term policy, a discount is available on the premium payment. Discounts of 4% and 8% are available for the policy of two and three years, respectively.
The sum insured options under this women’s health plan are as follows –
- INR 5 Lakh
- INR 10 Lakh
- INR 15 Lakh
- INR 20 Lakh
If you buy this health insurance plan for women, Bajaj Allianz will cover the following critical illnesses –
- Breast Cancer
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Uterine/Cervical Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Vaginal Cancer
- Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
- Multi trauma
And the company pays 50% of the sum insured in case your newborn has congenital disease or disorder. The coverage applies to the following –
- Down’s syndrome
- Congenital cyanotic heart disease such as Tetralogy of Fallot, Transposition of great vessels, Total Anomalous pulmonary venous drainage, Truncus Arteriosus, Tricuspid Atresia, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Tracheoesophageal fistula
- Cleft Palate with or without cleft lip
- Spina bifida
Plus, the insured will get the following in-built add-on cover –
Children Education Bonus – INR 25,000 is payable for the education of the dependent children (if any) upon admissible claim on critical illness.
Loss of Job – In case you lose your job within three months of the date of diagnosis of critical illness, INR 25,000 is payable towards loss of employment if a claim under critical illness is approved.
Tata AIG Wellsurance Woman
TATA AIG offers coverage of up to 11 critical illnesses under this policy –
- First Heart Attack
- Kidney Failure
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Major Organ Transplant
- Total Blindness
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Major Burns
This women’s health insurance plan comes in three variants –
INR 3 Lakh coverage for Cancer and INR 1.5 Lakh for other critical illnesses. For reconstructive surgery, INR 50,000 is provided along with daily hospital cash of INR 2,000 per day for up to 90 days with a one-day deductible. ICU expenses covered up to 15 days subject to INR 3,000 per day. Convalescence benefit of INR 1,500 is available after five days of continuous hospitalization. The premium amount for this variant ranges from INR 2,489 to INR 18,498.
The premium charged under this variant ranges from INR 4,658 to INR 31,472. Coverage for critical illness is INR 2.5 Lakh except for Cancer for which INR 5 Lakh is payable. For cosmetic surgery, INR 1 Lakh is payable and INR 3,000 hospital cash is available for up to 90 days. In the case of an ICU admission, INR 4,500 coverage per day is available for up to 15 days. And if the hospitalization exceeds five continuous days, the convalescence benefit of INR 2,500 is payable.
If you choose this variant, your premium may be a minimum of INR 8654 or a maximum of INR 51319 based on the entry age. For Cancer, the company pays INR 7.5 Lakh whereas the rest of critical illnesses have coverage of INR 3.75 Lakh. Other expenses covered are – INR 2 Lakh for reconstructive surgery, INR 4,000 daily cash benefit, INR 6,000 ICU benefit and INR 4,000 convalescence benefit.
Care JOY Health Insurance with Maternity and Newborn Cover
This policy provides coverage for all the basic plus necessary medical expenses of women –
- In-patient care
- Pre- hospitalization up to 30 days
- Post-hospitalization up to 60 days
- Maternity-related expenses up to INR 35,000 for a sum insured to INR 3 Lakh and INR 50,000 for a sum insured of INR 5 Lakh.
- Newborn cover of up to INR 30,000 for a sum insured to INR 3 Lakh and INR 50,000 for a sum insured of INR 5 Lakh. This cover is available up to 90 days from the date of birth.
- There is also an optional cover ‘No Claim Bonanza’ by which you can get 100% of your sum insured as a bonus if no claim is filed for three continuous years.
Reliance Health Gain Policy
Reliance Health Gain Policy comes in two variants Plan A and Plan B. In Plan A, the sum insured options are INR 3 Lakh, 6 Lakh and 9 Lakh. If you choose this variant, road ambulance cover is available up to INR 1,500 per hospitalization. In Plan B, the sum insured options are INR 15 Lakh, 15 Lakh and 18 Lakh. And you get road ambulance cover up to INR 3,000 per hospitalization plus a personal accidental death cover of INR 1 Lakh. And one-time renewal premium waiver if you’re diagnosed with a critical illness as specified in the policy. Coverage under this women’s health plan is as follows –
- In-Patient Treatment
- Day Care Treatment
- Pre- and post-hospitalization cover up to 60 days
- Donor Expenses up to 50% of the sum insured or INR 5 Lakh, whichever is less
- Domiciliary Hospitalization Expenses up to 10% of the sum insured or INR 50,000, whichever is less
- AYUSH Treatment
- Modern Treatment
- Reinstatement of Basic Sum Insured
- Cumulative bonus of 33.33%