Mutual Funds SIP Invest Now372 views
- Seeking a list of top ELSS funds that have performed well in a span of 10 years? Look at the sorted list here
- ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund, DSP Tax Saver Fund Head the List of Top ELSS Funds
- Invest in top ELSS funds to save taxes and create wealth over time
Equity mutual funds are one of the most preferred ways to mop up earnings over time. And when the earnings get a string of tax exemption, the joy of investing in the asset class doubles. Well, that’s possible with Equity-linked Savings Scheme (ELSS), a part of equity mutual fund that makes an individual qualify for tax exemption up to ₹1.5 lakh in a financial year. It can also firm up the returns over time. There have been a handful of ELSS funds that have given good returns in a span of 10 years. Want to look at those funds that rocked in 10 years with significant returns? Read this post further to know those.
Table of Contents
List of ELSS Funds with Best Returns in 10 Years
Check out the table below showing a list of ELSS funds that have performed well in a 10-year span.
|ELSS Funds||10-year Return||Rating|
|ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund||14.84%||3 Star|
|DSP Tax Saver Fund||14.27%||4 Star|
|IDFC Tax Advantage (ELSS) Fund ||14.05%||4 Star|
|Franklin India Taxshield Fund||13.90%||3 Star|
|Principal Tax Savings Fund||12.44%||3 Star|
Note – The data is sourced from Value Research as on July 24, 2019, and pertains to the regular plan of the schemes shown above.
How to Invest in Top-performing ELSS Funds Online?
You can invest in ELSS funds via any of lump sum or SIP route. Lump sum, as the name suggests, is a one-time investment although additional investments are also allowed. In contrast, a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) would mean the investments would go into mutual funds on a recurring basis. Based on the frequency interval – monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annually – you choose, the applicable SIP amount will be deducted from the bank account accordingly.
Now come to know how can you invest online. Well, you can do so at Wishfin, a premier online financial marketplace that enables you to subscribe to the best of ELSS and other mutual fund schemes. The online investment entails the following steps.
- Go to www.wishfin.com
- Click on ‘Mutual Funds’
- Click on Login/Register
If you are a new investor, you need to register first.
- Provide your mobile number
- Click on ‘Next’
- Enter the One-time Password (OTP) received on your mobile number in the prescribed space
- Click on ‘Verify and Continue’
- Mention your name, email ID, the city you live in
- Create a password in line with the requirements laid down in terms of alphabets, numeric and special characters
- Click on ‘Sign Up’
The login access can thus be created.
- Go to ‘Explore Mutual Funds’
- Click on ‘Save Tax’ icon
- A number of ELSS funds will appear on the screen
- Choose the ELSS fund you want to invest in
- Click on ‘Invest’ below the name of the chosen fund
Disclaimer – “Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks. Please read the scheme document carefully before investing”.