Aadhaar Virtual ID
Aadhaar Card is an important document asked by many banking organizations while lending loans or issuing credit cards. The Aadhaar Card contains 12 digit Aadhaar Number and 16 digits temporary Virtual ID Number. You can use VID Number for Aadhaar authentication and provide it to other agencies in order to protect your original Aadhaar number. You will have to generate Aadhaar Virtual ID against the Aadhaar Number. The VID can be generated unlimited times but the 16 digits VID will not remain the same. It will change the next day when you generate it again and you can generate VID only once a day has the same VID number. So, a VID can be generated against your Aadhaar Number and can be used as identity proof. In this article, you can go through the process to create a Virtual ID of Aadhaar using the UIDAI official portal.
Generate Aadhaar VID Online via UIDAI
You can generate and download the Aadhaar VID through the official website of UIDAI. All you have to do is to follow the steps given below to generate the VID:-
- Visit the Official Website of UIDAI on your PC or Laptop.
- Then go to the Aadhaar Services Section and click on the Virtual ID Generator Link.
- The VID Generation page will appear in front of you.
- Then provide your 12 Digits Aadhaar Number and the security code for authentication.
- Click on the Send OTP Button and you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number from UIDAI.
- Then enter the OTP and choose either the Generate VID option or the Retrieve VID option.
- Now click on the Verify and Proceed Button.
- A message will appear on the screen that tells that the VID number has been sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now, you can see the VID number on your mobile phone.
- The message will have 16 Digits VID number, the last four digits of your Aadhaar number, Date, and time.
You can apply the above steps to generate Aadhaar Virtual ID for any Aadhar Card owned by any of your friends, relatives, or family members.
Get Aadhaar Virtual ID Through mAadhaar
If you have a smartphone with an internet connection then you can easily generate the Aadhaar Virtual ID and use it at the time of Aadhaar authentication. Go through the steps given below to get VID through the mAadhaar mobile application.
- Open the App Store or Play Store on your Mobile Phone and Download the mAadhaar Application.
- Login to the mAadhaar App.
- Then touch the Generate Virtual ID link in the App.
- Now, provide your Aadhaar Number in the App and then authenticate the security code.
- Click on the Request OTP button and you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the App and touch the Generate VID option.
- The VID will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Characteristics of VID
- A Virtual ID is a 16 Digits temporary code generated for authentication.
- The code will be replaced by another code once the authentication is done.
- UIDAI has made it mandatory for agencies to authenticate Aadhaar through VID from the 1st of June 2018.
- You cannot retrieve the Aadhaar Number through the Aadhaar Virtual ID.
- There is no maximum limit for generating Aadhaar VID.
- VID can be a useful document if a person is not willing to share his Aadhaar number.
- Aadhaar Virtual ID is valid until you generate a new VID.
- You will receive the last VID you have generated when you recover your Aadhaar number.
You can generate Aadhar Virtual ID through the UIDAI official website or the mAadhaar mobile app. Make sure you have your Aadhaar number and your mobile number should be linked to your Aadhar Card. If you carry both of these things then generating a VID number would be a cakewalk. VID can be used as identity proof if you don’t want to share your Aadhaar number.