Link Aadhaar with Airtel Number
According to the government of India's regulation, all existing Airtel customers must link their mobile number to their Aadhaar card in order to keep their mobile connection operational. If you are concerned that this is a lengthy operation requiring much paperwork, you may relax. The entire procedure is accomplished online and in a matter of minutes. This tutorial will walk you through the process of linking Airtel mobile numbers with Aadhaar. The major aim for this action is to eliminate mobile connections obtained with forged identification. The government might quickly shut down bogus mobile connections by connecting the mobile number to the Aadhaar. All Airtel users, both prepaid and postpaid, must link their mobile phones to their Aadhaar numbers. If you have various mobile phone numbers, all of them must be connected to your Aadhaar in order to remain active.
Link your Airtel mobile number to your Aadhaar By Visiting an Airtel Store
Although there are various ways by which you can get your Aadhaar card linked with your mobile number. The OTP method is one such method. This method is simple and can be done by following some steps. However, if you haven't registered your mobile number with your Aadhaar, the you can follow the steps given below:
- Head over to your nearest Airtel store in your area
- Carry a photocopy of your Aadhaar card along with the original card
- Provide your phone number and ask him to link the number
- An OTP will be sent to you through SMS
- After providing the executive with the OTP, you will be requested to supply your biometric data i.e. your thumb imprints
- The procedure is then initiated, and you will get confirmation within 24 hours
- To complete the connection procedure, reply "Y" to the SMS.
Link your Airtel Number with your Aadhaar Card via OTP
Only the customers who have already registered their one phone number with their Aadhaar card will be able to use this method. Therefore, you would not be able to utilise this option if you did not register any of your mobile number when filling out your Aadhaar form. Moreover, you must visit an Airtel customer service centre near you for re-verification and connecting. However, you can link your Aadhaar card with your Airtel mobile number using this way. This just takes a few minutes and can be done from the comfort of your own home. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Using your Airtel phone, dial 14546 (the toll-free number)
- Choose between Indian and NRI residency
- Press 1 (for resident Indians) and confirm your permission to link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card
- You will be asked for your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Once you have submitted your Aadhaar number, Airtel will send you an OTP on your mobile number
- This OTP can be used to verify your Aadhaar number
- Allow the operator to get your Name, Date Of Birth, and Picture from UIDAI (Aadhaar) data
- The final four digits of your Airtel number will be spoken out by the IVR voice recording
- Check the mobile number, and enter the OTP obtained to confirm
- Finish the re-verification procedure
- Your Airtel phone number will be connected to your Aadhaar number
Link Airtel mobile number to Aadhaar card via IVR
Since the Indian government has directed mobile providers to make it easier for users to link their mobile phones to their Aadhaar cards. They have been providing numerous options for the same. One such method is to use the IVR facility to connect. The steps involved in the process are as follows:
- Using your Airtel phone, dial the toll-free number 14546
- You'll be asked to enter your 12-digit UID (Aadhaar number)
- Confirm that you want to link your phone number to your Aadhaar card
- Once your request gets approval, your phone call will be automatically terminated.
- After your mobile number has been successfully connected with your Aadhaar, you will receive an SMS notification.