Aadhaar Card Link to EPF Account
The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has allowed employees to link their Aadhaar card to their Universal Account Number (UAN). The EPFO has made it mandatory for employees to link their UAN with Aadhaar in order to continue receiving benefits and accessing EPF. It has enabled all employees in India to manage their PF accounts online. They can link Aadhaar to their EPF account by visiting the EPFO website, visiting the nearest EPFO office, or using the UMANG app. Moreover, Aadhaar can be linked to an EPF account both online and offline.
Link Aadhaar with EPF Account Online
Follow the steps below to link your Aadhaar card with your EPF account online:
- Visit the EPFO Member home page or the e-SEWA portal
- Enter your UAN and password to access your account.
- Click the KYC option in the "Manage" section.
- You will be taken to a new page where you can choose "Aadhaar" to link your EPF account.
- Now, select "Aadhaar" and enter your Aadhaar number and name as they appear on your Aadhaar card before clicking the "Save" button.
- Your Aadhaar will be verified using UIDAI data after you save your Aadhaar details.
- After your KYC document is approved, you will be able to successfully link Aadhaar with your EPF account, and you will see "Verified" written against your Aadhaar details.
Link Aadhaar with EPF Account Offline
EPFO has also made offline provisions for linking Aadhaar with their EPF account to make it easier for those who find it difficult to link their Aadhaar online. Such employees can link their EPF account to Aadhaar by going to an EPFO office and submitting the application in person. It is quite a simple process. All you need to do is follow these simple steps given below:
- Reach out for a form with the title "Aadhaar Seeding Application."
- Fill in your UAN and Aadhaar number, as well as any other relevant information.
- Enclose the form with self-attested copies of your UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar.
- Deliver it to the executive at any EPFO field office or Common Service Centre (CSC) outlet.
- Following proper verification, your Aadhaar will be linked to your EPF account, and you will receive a notification on your registered mobile number.
Link Aadhaar with EPF Account using UMANG App
You can also use the UMANG mobile application to link your aadhaar card with your EPF account. However, to promote mobile governance in India, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the National e-Governance Division have launched the UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) application. If you want to claim your EPF online, you must link your Aadhaar with your UAN, i.e. (Universal Account Number). If you link your UAN to Aadhaar, your EPF account will be linked as well. The steps to linking your Aadhaar with your EPF account using the UMANG APP are as follows:
- Log in to the UMANG App with your "MPIN" or the OTP sent to your registered mobile number
- After logging in, select “EPFO” from the "All Services” tab
- In the EPFO section, select "e-KYC services"
- Select the Aadhaar Seeding option under "e-KYC services"
- Now enter your UAN and press the "Get OTP" button.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number with EPF Account.
- Enter your Aadhaar information.
- You will now receive another OTP to your registered mobile number and email address.
- Once the OTP is verified, your Aadhaar will be linked to your UAN.
How to check if your Aadhaar is Linked to your PF Account?
Follow the steps below to check if your Aadhaar is linked to your EPF account or not:
- Head over to the official EPFO portal
- Login by entering your UAN and password
- Locate Aadhaar using the information provided on the member homepage
- If you see "Verified (DEMOGRAPHIC)" written against your Aadhaar number, it means UIDAI has linked your Aadhaar to your EPF account and verified it.