Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number
Aadhaar-Mobile number linkage may be accomplished by visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrolment/update centre. The government no longer requires you to link your Aadhaar card to your mobile number. However, Aadhaar must be linked to your mobile number in order to access the online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP), the mAadhaar App, and other Aadhaar-related services. Continue reading to learn how to register/update your mobile number in your Aadhaar card, the documents necessary, the fees involved, and more.
Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number Online
You can link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Head over to the official Indian Postal Service's website
- Enter basic information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, etc
- From the “Service” drop down menu select the 'PPB- Aadhaar Service' option
- Select the UIDAI-Mobile/Email to Aadhaar Linking/Updating option
- Once you've completed the needed forms and made your selections, click the 'Request OTP' button
- Enter the OTP obtained on your registered mobile number on the following screen
- Select 'Confirm Service Request'. You will be given a Reference Number that will allow you to follow the status of your application
- When you successfully submit your request, it will be sent to a post office near you
- An officer assigned to the Aadhar update/linking operation will perform the verification. The officer will come to your home and use a mobile biometric gadget to verify your identity (For iris, fingerprints and photographs)
- He will finish the update/linking procedure and bill you for the service
Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number Offline
By visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment/Update centre, you may link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number. To register/update your mobile number in your Aadhaar card, follow the procedures below:
- Find a Aadhaar enrolment/update centre near you
- If you are new to the UIDAI ecosystem, provide your mobile number in the Aadhaar Enrolment Form to register your mobile number with an Aadhaar card. However, if you have changed your current mobile number or did not register it previously, you can fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Fill out the form, enter your biometrics for authentication, and pay
- The executive will provide you with an acknowledgment slip
- The slip includes an Update Request Number (URN) that you may use to follow the progress of your Aadhaar or Aadhaar update
- After upgrading your mobile number in Aadhaar, you are not needed to obtain another Aadhaar card
- Once your mobile number is connected to your Aadhaar account, you will begin getting Aadhaar OTPs for a variety of services
Fee & Documents Required for Linking Your Aadhaar with Mobile Number
A self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card is the sole document necessary to link your Aadhaar card with a mobile connection. You do not need to produce any further documentation, address evidence, or identification proof for this reason. Moreover, when you enrol in Aadhaar, you are not obliged to pay any fees to link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number. However, if you want to link/change/update your Aadhaar-registered mobile number, you will have to pay INR 50 (including GST). It should be noted that if many fields are modified in the same instance, no additional cost is required.
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number
You must link your Aadhaar card to your mobile number in order to use various Aadhaar related services. Some of those services are as follows:
- OTPs are issued to your registered mobile number and must be entered in order to use various Aadhaar services. These OTPs give an extra degree of protection to your Aadhaar. You will be unable to use these services if your phone number is not connected to Aadhaar.
- Your mobile number must be linked to your Aadhaar card in order to access the online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) for updates.
- In order to use any Aadhaar-related online services, you must additionally link your mobile phone to your Aadhaar card.
- To get your Aadhaar card online, or e-Aadhaar, you must enter the OTP issued to your registered mobile number.
- The mAadhaar app allows you to carry your Aadhaar card on your phone and use it to access numerous Aadhaar services. Only if your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar can you use the mAadhaar app. To learn more about the mAadhaar app.