Aadhaar Card is an important document that can be used as both identity and address proof. But sometimes it is not possible to carry an Aadhaar card everywhere. Therefore UIDAI has launched a Smartphone Mobile Application known as the mAadhaar App where you can create your profile and upload demographic information with your photograph. It is a digital platform for your identity and mAadhaar is available on both App Store and Play Store. An individual can access his profile anywhere from the mAadhaar app. All he needs is a smartphone and an internet connection. You can create up to 5 profiles on the mAadhaar App. This app is protected by a password so that no one can misuse the individual’s mAadhaar account.
Features and Benefits of mAadhaar Mobile Application
You can see some of the key benefits of using the mAadhaar Mobile Application and how it can be convenient for you to access your Aahdaar.
- There is no need to carry a physical copy of your Aadhaar card because you can access it and download it in an offline format through the mAadhaar App.
- The option to update the Address through document proof is also available on the App.
- You can create up to 5 Aadhaar Profiles on the mAadhaar App of your family members.
- mAadhaar allows you to do paperless e-KYC or Share QR Codes to the agencies lending loans or asking for Aadhaar.
- You can even lock or unlock your Aadhaar Biometric Data through the Mobile Application.
- mAadhaar can be used to Retrieve VID or Generate VID that can be used in place of an Aadhaar Card.
- You can use the Offline mAadhaar SMS Service through the App.
- If you have requested any services from UIDAI then the status of the service request can be checked through the mAadhaar App.
- The appointments to visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra can be made using the App.
- You can also check the Aadhaar Update history from the app.
- You can locate the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre from the mAadhaar Mobile Application.
How to Use the mAadhaar App
There are three major steps that you will have to follow to use the mAadhaar Mobile Application. You must see how to download the mAadhaar app.
Step 1- Download and Install mAadhaar
- Open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your mobile phone.
- Search for the mAadhaar Mobile Application.
- Touch the Download button on your mobile screen.
- Give the necessary permissions to the App.
- Then install the mAadhaar App and use it.
Step 2- Add Profile to mAadhaar App
- Launch the mAadhaar App on your mobile phone.
- Then touch on the Register My Aadhaar Option.
- Provide the 4 Digits Password for the First time.
- Then enter your Aadhaar Number or directly scan the QR code present on your Aadhaar Card.
- Enter the Captcha Code and touch the Request OTP button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and touch on Verify to complete the Profile Registration process.
Step 3- View and Access Your Profile on mAadhaar
- Open the mAadhaar Mobile App.
- Go to the Home Page and touch your Profile.
- Then provide your Profile Password.
- The Profile page will open and you can use and access your profile information.
How to Remove Profile from mAadhaar
If you want to remove any profile from the mAadhaar Mobile Application then you should follow the steps given below:-
- Launch the mAadhaar on your smartphone.
- Provide your password to log in.
- Open the Profile that you want to remove from mAadhaar.
- Touch the three dots present at the top right corner of the app.
- Then choose the Delete option and your profile will be removed from the mAadhar App.
The Aadhaar card is one of the most trustworthy government papers for validating identity and address. Because of worries about the security of the Aadhaar card, UIDAI now allows you to lock and unlock Aadhaar biometric data online. This service is designed to prevent users from abusing their biometric data in any manner. It's worth noting that many organizations need applicants to utilize the Aadhaar biometric authentication service to validate their information.
You may also unlock the biometrics using the steps listed below. To unlock your biometrics, choose "Login" from the menu.
- In the relevant areas, enter your Aadhaar Number and Security Code.
- Select "Send OTP" to have the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter this OTP into the box provided, then click "Login."
- Enter your security code and choose "Unlock" to temporarily unlock your biometrics
Now you know everything about the mAadhaar Mobile Application. It has many benefits that can help you to manage your Aadhaar Card. On the other hand, if you are using the mAadhaar App for the first time then you can follow the various steps given above to do so. UIDAI allows you to add five different profiles to the mAadhaar App and it can be of your family members.