Credit Card Payment4506 views
- How can you Pay your Credit Card Bill through UPI?
- Know about the UPI payment process of top leading banks and applications
There has been a significant spike in the number of individuals who started to use credit cards in the past few years. An individual can enjoy several advantages by using credit cards, such as amazing cashback offers, increased purchasing power to make big-ticket purchases, rewards points program, freedom of emergency usage, capacity to build a credit history, etc. A credit card helps individuals to purchase anything with the option to pay the amount later. The amount you spend in a month is known as the Credit Card Bill for that particular billing cycle that you have to pay every month on a fixed date.
Credit card providers give you a range of options by which you can make your credit card bill payment; both online and offline. Some of them are NEFT, RTGS, Internet Banking, Mobile Wallets, Payment Apps, Bill Desk of the Bank, etc. Among all the options, UPI (Unified Payment Interface) is one of the easiest modes that you can opt for to pay your credit card bills.
To use the UPI method of payment, each individual needs a unique Virtual Payment Address (VPA) which is just like a username to send and receive the money. To make the transactions, VPA is the only thing that you will need. It will be like your unique ID. You can choose a VPA for you according to your choice. Also, you can add this unique VPA to more than one bank account.
In this article, we will tell you about how you can pay your credit card bill through the UPI method in detail. So if you are someone who wants to know about the UPI payment method, this article could be a great read for you. Keep reading!
Table of Contents
- 1 What is UPI?
- 2 UPI Payment Process of Credit Card Bill provided by Top Banks
- 3 Top Credit Card Payment Applications through UPI
What is UPI?
Before knowing the UPI Payment Process provided by the leading banks, it’s important to know what exactly is UPI?
Developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), Unique Payments Interface (UPI) is one single seamless facility that integrates all the single features such as immediate money transfer through mobile devices anytime from anywhere. Launched in 2016, there are many banks that have commenced to upload their UPI enabled applications on Google Playstore or Apple App Store.
Besides, an individual can access different bank accounts in one single place with this single mobile application. For transferring your funds from one account to another, you don’t need to fill in all details such as account number, card number, IFSC Code, etc. Every individual can make their unique virtual addresses. Through the virtual address, you can even make the merchant payments or in-app payment with a single application. The UPI facility is super secured, innovative, and convenient.
UPI Payment Process of Credit Card Bill provided by Top Banks
Now you know about the UPI, you must be wondering about how you can pay your credit card bills through the UPI method. We want to tell you that almost all the banks provide the facility of credit card bill payment through UPI. We are giving all the details about the payment process of top banks in India below. Have a look!
ICICI Bank Credit Card Bill Payment
ICICI Bank is one of the leading private banks of India and there are a lot of individuals who use the credit cards of this Mumbai-headquartered private banker due to its amazing offers, reward points programs, and cashback facility on transactions. To make the payment of the ICICI Credit Card outstanding bill, you can generate the QR code and scan it from any UPI enabled Application to make the final payment. The steps that you need to follow are mentioned below. Do check them!
- Firstly, you will need to enter your 16-digit credit card number for which you want to make the payment, and re-enter the same to confirm it. After this, you need to click on the ‘Verify’ button.
- After that, there will be some details on your screen. You need to check whether all these details are true.
- After this, enter the amount you want to pay
- Now, you will see a Generate QR Code Button. Click on that to get a QR Code for the payment.
- After this, you only need to login through any UPI or BHIM-enabled applications to scan the code.
- On the app, you will see the option to proceed with the payment of your credit card bill.
- As soon as you make the payment, you will see a notification of a successful transaction with the unique transaction ID on your mobile screen.
You must remember that you can only pay a maximum credit card bill of INR 20,000 in a day if you are using a BHIM Application. The maximum single transaction can be INR 10,000.
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment
State Bank of India is the largest lender of the country due to its amazing banking services. And when it comes to the Credit Card Facility, individuals have a lot of trust in it due to some of the amazing credit cards provided by the public sector banking behemoth. SBI also allows its users to make the credit card payment through UPI. As you know UPI is a facility through which you can transfer money instantly between two accounts. So with this facility, you can transfer the outstanding credit card bill to your credit card account from your savings account.
You can check below the steps for making the bill payment. Do check them!
- Download the BHIM SBI Pay from the App Store on your phone.
- After this, you will need to set up a BHIM SBI Pay login account and then you will need to register this account with your Mobile Number linked to your bank account.
- Now, you need to create a VPA (Virtual Payment Address) using your SBI handle.
- Now, you will need to set a UPI Pin which can be of 4 or 6 digits. Now you are all set to make the payment.
- To make the credit card bill payment, you just need to click on the ‘Pay by VPA’ which should be SBI Card.16 digit card [email protected] For example, it will be like [email protected]
- After this, choose the amount you want to pay to the SBI Card and then click on ‘Go’.
- You must verify your bank account MPIN before making the payment and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The payment will be credited instantly to your SBI Credit Card and you will also get an SMS regarding the successful payment.
HDFC Bank Credit Card Bill Payment
HDFC is undoubtedly the largest private bank of India that provides a range of amazing banking products. One of these is a credit card. If you are currently using any of the HDFC credit cards and want to know how you can make the bill payment of your credit card through UPI, check out the steps below to do so.
- The first thing that you need to do is to download the Mobile Banking Application of the HDFC Bank. After registering on the HDFC mobile application with your credentials, you will see the BHIM or UPI payment option.
- After reaching there, you will see the Pay button. There, you will need to select to pay via BHIM or UPI ID of your credit card. It will be linked to your 16-digit credit card.
- After this, you will need to enter the outstanding amount of your HDFC credit card bill. The amount will be transferred to your credit card account from your bank account.
- After paying the amount, you will get a transaction ID on the successful transaction.
Axis Bank Credit Card Bill Payment
Axis Bank, like others, is also a dominant force in the credit card segment due to the amazing offers it has for shoppers across the country. When it comes to the credit card bill payment, Axis bank offers a wide range of payment methods among which UPI is one of the easiest ones. If you want to know about the steps that you need to know for the bill payment, check out the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, you must know that you need to have a UPI-enabled application to make your credit card bill payment.
- You will need to enter your Axis Bank Credit Card payment UPI ID. It will be CC 91 <Your 10 digit registered mobile number><last 4 digits of your Credit Card>@axisbank, For example, it will be [email protected]
- After putting your UPI ID, you will need to verify your name. After this, enter the Bill amount you want to pay for your credit card.
- Now, after putting a self-created UPI PIN, you can complete the transaction.
- You will get an SMS regarding the successful transaction.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card Bill Payment
Kotak Mahindra is one of the most popular credit card providers among the top private banks. This bank also provides you with an option to make the bill payment of your credit card through the UPI method. With the help of the Kotak BHIM UPI Application, you can pay the outstanding credit card bill easily. You just need to download this app on your phone and after creating a Virtual Payment Address (VPA), you can transfer the outstanding amount into your credit card account.
Top Credit Card Payment Applications through UPI
Apart from the top banks that provide credit card bill payment through UPI, there are some specialized applications that also provide you the facility of bill payment. These applications can be downloaded from the respective App Store on your phone. These applications not only help you in paying your bill but also other stuff such as online recharge, flight bookings, hotel bookings, send/receive money, etc. We are providing you information about some of the top applications through which you can make the bill payment of your credit card using UPI. Do check them below!
Paytm is one of those mobile applications in today’s times that everyone has on their phones. It has made things in our daily lives so much that it has become an inseparable part of our routine. It provides various kinds of seamless services like Mobile Recharge, Bill payment of various things like Gas, Postpaid, Water, and Electricity, Flight and Train Bookings, and much more.
Apart from these, you can also pay your Credit Card Bill using the UPI method. You just need to link your credit card to your Paytm account through your registered mobile number. After that, just put the bill amount you want to pay. You can use the UPI Banking ID linked with your Paytm account. Just fill the UPI PIN and your payment will be completed. Other than the UPI, you can also use the Paytm Wallet or Debit Card.
What if I tell you that you can collect exclusive rewards by just paying your credit card bill on time? Well, it may be hard to believe but yes, you can get some amazing offers by paying your bill through this application named CRED. This is a member-only application that provides you the payment option of your credit card bill through UPI.
You will need to have a credit score of at least 700 to register on this application. To make the payment of your credit card bill, just go to the application and pay via the UPI method linked from your bank account. Against your payment, you will get some coins with which you can avail of some exciting offers. And not only this, this app provides your reminder about your credit card bill before the due date.
PhonePe is one another amazing application with which you can pay your credit card bill in easy steps. Available on both Android and iPhone, this app provides you the facility of bill payments, recharges, bookings, and many other things. To make your credit card bill payment, you just need to open the application to go to the Credit Card payment section. There, you will need to put the bill amount you want to pay. And after filling the UPI pin linked with your bank account, your credit card bill payment will be successful.
Google Pay (Formerly Known as Tez)
Google Pay, formerly known as Tez, allows individuals to pay their bill amount using the UPI method. You just need to enter the UPI ID of your credit card account. If you have more than one of the UPI ID linked with your Google Pay app, you can choose from which account you want to make the bill payment. After filling the amount, you just need to enter the UPI PIN. And with that, your transaction will be completed.