- Check the methods for checking your EPF balance via SMS.
- Give a Missed Call on 011-22901406 and know your EPF Balance.
- Receive SMS about your PF balance in 10 different languages as per your choice.
Get CIBIL Score Instantly for Free and Save around INR 4,800 a Year (Only for Wishfin Customers)
Instant Personal Loan Quotes from 17 Banks and Get the Best Deal
There are millions of EPFO account holders in India whose provident funds are accumulated in their accounts. But sometimes they find it difficult to know the exact balance in their account. Everyone knows that the employer and the employee contribute to the PF account but some of them are not familiar with their accumulated funds in the account. Therefore, you can see the method to EPF Balance Check offline via SMS or Missed Call Number. You don’t have to use the online means to check your PF balance because you can do that offline with your mobile phones. So, let’s check the facilities given by the EPF to know your balance offline.
Offline Methods to Check EPF Balance
There are two offline ways through which you can know the amount of accumulated funds into your PF account and they can be either through an SMS or a missed call.
Check EPF Balance through an SMS
In order to check your PF balance through an SMS, make sure you have an active UAN and it must be linked to your Aadhar PAN, and Bank Account. On the other hand, your mobile number must be registered with EPFO through which you are sending the message.
- Go to Messages on your mobile phone and compose a new message.
- Type EPFOHO UAN on your messaging screen.
- In the To Address Bar enter the Number 7738299899.
- The touch on the send button to send the SMS.
So, by simply sending an SMS EPFOHO UAN to 7738299899 from your registered number, you can fetch information related to your EPF account.
As the default language is English so you will receive a reply in that language only. You can customize your SMS by adding the preferred code for the preferred language. In the table given below, you can see various languages in which you can receive a reply related to your EPF balance.
|Languages||Codes in SMS||SMS Number|
|English (Default)||EPFOHO UAN||7738299899|
|Hindi||EPFOHO UAN HIN||7738299899|
|Gujarati||EPFOHO UAN GUJ||7738299899|
|Punjabi||EPFOHO UAN PUN||7738299899|
|Bengali||EPFOHO UAN BEN||7738299899|
|Tamil||EPFOHO UAN TAM||7738299899|
|Telugu||EPFOHO UAN TEL||7738299899|
|Malayalam||EPFOHO UAN MAL||7738299899|
|Marathi||EPFOHO UAN MAR||7738299899|
|Kannada||EPFOHO UAN KAN||7738299899|
Know EPF Balance through a Missed Call Number
The other offline way PF Balance Check offline is through a missed call. You can just give a missed call on this number 011-22901406 and get the details related to your PF Balance.
You will receive the last contribution details and the EPF Balance. Make sure that you have an activated UAN and your mobile number is registered with UAN. The missed call will only be valid if you have made it from your registered mobile number.
Online Methods to Check PF Balance
Website e-Sewa Portal
- Visit EPFO Member Portal.
- Now in the tabs present on the top, expand the Service Tab which is reflecting on the top left side, and click on the ‘For Employees’ option.
- Than click on ‘Member Passbook’ option under Service head.
- Now Member Passbook Portal will get open (passbook.epfoindia.gov.in)
- Then log in by entering your UAN and password and giving the answer to the asked question.
- Now after login select your Member ID and click on View passbook.
- By clicking on view passbook all the PF balance details will reflect on the screen and PF members can download the same by clicking on Download Passbook.
- Download the Umang app, open the app and register on the same by providing your mobile number and OTP.
- After registering on the Umang app, select the ‘All Services’ option.
- Now from the ‘Social Security & Pensioners’ option mentioned above, select the EPFO option from the departments.
- Or members can directly search EPFO from the search bar.
- Now Login into Employee Centric Services by providing your UAN.
- After mentioning UAN click on Get OTP , member will receive OTP in their registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on Submit button.
- Now Select View Passbook option, a new screen will get open, select your Member ID, and all the details will reflect on the screen.
- Members can download their EPF Passbook by scrolling down and then clicking on download.
PF Balance Check FAQs
1. How to check your EPF account balance?
Head over to epfindia.gov.in, which is the official EPF website. Login using your UAN password and select the “Download / View Passbook” option in order to check your EPF balance.
2. How to check your EPF account balance using a mobile phone application?
Download the official Umang mobile application using your smartphone. Login with your UAN details on the “Employee Centric Service”. Proceed with the OTP that you received on your registered mobile number. Head over to the “View Passbook” section to view your EPF account balance.
3. How to check your EPF balance by giving a missed call?
Only the members of the EPFO portal, who also have their mobile number registered with the portal are entitled to use this feature. The member can give a missed call to 011-22901406 from his registered mobile number to know his EPF account balance.
4. Is it possible to check your EPF balance through an SMS facility?
To check your EPF balance via an SMS facility, you can send an SMS to “7738299899”. The number should be registered with complete KYC formalities on the EPFO portal in order to use this facility.
5. Who can check EPF Account Balance?
An employee who contributes to the EPF account can check his balance in his EPF account. The employee does not have to wait for the employer to share the EPF statement at the end of the year to know his balance.
6. Can you check the PF balance of your previous organisation?
Yes, you can check your previous organisation’s EPF balance. Once you log in to the official EPFO portal using your UAN, you can check your balance by selecting the respective Member ID. All of your previous Member IDs are also linked to your UAN that would also be visible on the portal.
7. Who can check UAN number?
Official members of the EPFO portal can check their UAN status online. Select your state and provide your EPFO account number to check your UAN status.
8. Is PAN required to check the EPF balance?
No, you do not require your PAN to check your EPF balance. However, it is unimportant to link your UAN and EPF to avail a variety of services that are offered by the official EPFO portal.
9. Do you need an Aadhaar to check your EPF balance?
It is not possible to check your EPF account balance using your Aadhaar card. You can only check your EPF balance using your UAN.
10. Can you check your PF balance via SMS without linking your mobile number to the UAN?
No, an individual must link his mobile number to the UAN in order to check his EPF account balance via SMS. The PF balance statement is sent via SMS only to the registered mobile number.
11. Is it possible to check the EPF balance using the PF number?
PF number is not required to check the EPF balance. You must use your UAN number in order to check your EPF account balance.
12. Is it possible to check EPF balance by giving missed call without registering your mobile number?
It is mandatory to give a missed call only from the registered mobile number to check your PF account balance.
So you have seen the two possible ways to PF Balance Check Online/Offline via SMS or Missed Call Number, Web Portal, Umang App and now you can do it yourself. There is no need for online access on the EPFO portal because you can do everything offline to know the value of your accumulated funds.
Comments are closed.