Latest Updates4021 views
- Process of Recharging Fastag using HDFC Banking.
- Charges for Applying Fastag via HDFC Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card
Recently, NHAI has introduced a new method to pay Toll taxes. The method of payment is known as FASTag. This new mode of payment is approved by the National Payments Corporation of India. It is mandatory for every vehicle to have a FASTag on its windscreen whenever they are passing through a Toll Booth. This rule is applicable from the 1st of December 2019. One can recharge FASTag through HDFC Bank.
Table of Contents
What is FASTag?
FASTag is a new mode of payment in which the payment is done automatically through the FASTag. These FASTags are the prepaid and recharged beforehand. Now you don’t have to wait in long ques because once you pass through the toll booth, the amount will be deducted from the card automatically.
Buy FASTag Online through HDFC
If you are willing to buy the FASTag then you can purchase it from the official website of HDFC Bank. It costs ₹400 if you buy the FASTag from HDFC Bank.
- Open the FASTag Page of HDFC Bank on your Desktop or Laptop.
- On the Top click on the Apply Now button and a new page will open.
- Choose Yes if you have an HDFC Bank Account.
- Enter your Customer ID and the Click on Send Verification Code.
- You’ll receive a code on your registered mobile number. Enter the Code and Continue.
- If in case you don’t have an HDFC Bank Account then Select the No option.
- Now, Choose the type of vehicle either Commercial Vehicle or Personal Vehicle.
- Enter your Vehicle Number and Choose the type of vehicle whether it is a Car or any other vehicle.
- Upload the Necessary Documents of the Vehicle and Enter the Amount you want in FASTag.
- Once you done, review the application and then click on Submit.
Charges for Applying FASTag online through HDFC
|Type of Vehicle||Vehicle Class NCPI||Issuance Fee||Security Deposit||Minimum Recharge||Total Amount Payable|
|Car, Van Jeep, Tata Ace, and Similar Light Motor Vehicles||4||₹100||₹200||₹100||₹400|
|2 Axle Light Commercial Vehicles||5||₹100||₹300||₹140||₹540|
|3 Axle Buses||6||₹100||₹400||₹300||₹800|
|3 Axle Trucks||6||₹100||₹500||₹300||₹900|
|2 Axle Bus/Mini Bus, 2 Axle Trucks||7||₹100||₹400||₹300||₹800|
|4,5 and 6 Axle Trucks, Tractors and tractor with Trailers||12||₹100||₹500||₹300||₹900|
|7 Axle Truck and Above||15||₹100||₹500||₹300||₹900|
|Heavy Construction Machinery and Earth Moving||16||₹100||₹500||₹300||₹900|
It is clear from the table given above that what HDFC bank charge for issuing FASTag for different types of vehicles.
Recharge FASTag from HDFC Bank
- Open Net Banking Portal of the HDFC bank.
- Enter your User I.D. and Password to log in.
- Choose the Payment and Top Up option in the Road User Centre section.
- Click on the Recharge Tab and click on the Wallet you want to recharge.
- In the payment mode, choose Pay by Online and then continue.
- A new window will open containing the option of various banks.
- Choose the bank and Continue.
- Give authentication to the chosen bank and recharge your FASTag wallet.
Through the above steps, you can recharge your FASTag using HDFC bank.
Charges of HDFC Bank For FASTag Recharge
|Recharge through HDFC Credit Card||1.10% of the Transaction Value|
|Top up Through a Debit Card||1% of the Transaction Value|
|Recharge through Net Banking||₹8 per transaction|
You can also use HDFC Credit Card for recharging your FASTag wallets. You can even get a FASTag from HDFC through offline mode.
Offline Mode of Applying FASTag through HDFC Bank
If you want to buy the FASTag from HDFC Bank Branch then you have to visit it carrying the following documents.
- Valid Driving License and one Identity Proof.
- Car’s Registration Certificate.
- Signed FASTag Application Form.
- Passport Size Photograph of the Owner.