- Know the Full form of MMID and see when it is used in banking services.
- Check the ways to generate the MMID using Mobile Banking, Net Banking, and Phone Banking.
- Go through the process to use the MMID for money transfer.
Get CIBIL Score Instantly for Free and Save around INR 4,800 a Year (Only for Wishfin Customers)
Instant Personal Loan Quotes from 17 Banks and Get the Best Deal
Online banking is at boom these days and everyone is using it whether it is Mobile Banking or Net Banking. These methods of banking have made it convenient for individuals to transfer funds from their bank accounts in a few clicks or touch. You can make the Immediate Payment Service transactions instantly using the MMID. But do you know the MMID Full-Form used during IMPS? The full form of MMID is Mobile Money Identifier and it is a seven digits code usually generated by the bank. Individuals can use the MMID to transfer funds using their mobile numbers instead of disclosing the Account Number and the IFS code.
Features of Mobile Money Identifier (MMID)
- MMID is a seven digits code that the bank provides to the account holder for easy money transfer.
- The use of MMID is associated with IMPS that can be used to send money.
- The bank created the MMID as soon as you list your mobile number with the respective bank.
- In the Seven Digits of MMID, the first four digits highlight the distinctive identification number of the bank providing the IMPS facility.
- You can transfer funds round the clock using the IMPS Facility and the MMID number.
- It is necessary to activate the mobile banking service to make money transfers using MMID.
How to Generate MMID
There are three ways to generate MMID and you can follow any methods to do so. All the methods are easy to follow and you can easily have your MMID.
Generate MMID through Mobile Banking
- Download and install the mobile application of your respective bank.
- Then log in to the application using your credentials.
- Go to the Account option in that application.
- Then finally, click on the Generate MMID tab.
- Follow the instructions and create your MMID.
Get MMID through Net Banking
- Visit the official website of your respective bank on your PC or laptop.
- Then log in using your credentials.
- Go to the home page and then click on the Generate MMID option.
- Provide the necessary details and verify all of them.
- Then the MMID will be generated for your account.
MMID through Phone Banking
- Make a call on your bank’s phone banking number.
- Select the language that is convenient for you.
- Then talk to the bank’s representative and ask him to generate your MMID.
- Then within 24 hours, the bank will send the MMID to your registered mobile number.
How to Use MMID
You can either use MMID while transfer money through IMPS using the mobile application of your respective bank or by sending an SMS. The money will be transferred to the beneficiary’s account as soon as you execute the process.
MMID in Mobile Banking
- Download your mobile banking application and make a login through it.
- Then select the Funds Transfer option
- Choose the IMPS option among the various options available.
- Fill up the details like beneficiary’s mobile number, MMID, amount to be transferred
- Verify all the details and transfer the money through MMID.
MMID in SMS Banking
You can also transfer money through the SMS services of your respective bank. The format of the text might differ from bank to bank but you can use the MMID to transfer the money. You can use the below format to use MMID and transfer funds through it.
IMPS <Beneficiary MMID><Beneficiary Mobile No><Amount><MPIN>
Money Transfer through ATMs Using MMID
- Go to the nearest ATM.
- Choose the preferred language and enter your PIN.
- Then in the Main Menu choose the other services option and choose fund transfer.
- Now move on to the IMPS fund transfer.
- Provide the beneficiary’s mobile number, MMID, and the transaction amount.
- Verify the information and choose the account from which you want to debit the amount.
- Finally, click on the confirm option to complete the transaction.