- Go through the process of making EPFO Member Passbook Login
- See the components of the EPFO Passbook
- Make use of UAN and password to view your EPFO Passbook
Both the employee and the employer contribute equally to the EPFO account. Generally, the employee contributes around 12% of their basic income to the EPF account, while the employer contributes 8.33% of the basic salary to EPS and 3.67% to EPF. Moreover, a member can use his EPF Passbook to view the record of contributions. The EPF passbook contains a list of all contributions made to the EPF account by both the employee as well as the employer. Through the EPF Member Passbook Login, you can also see the interest that has been credited to your account. Therefore, you should be aware of how to see and download your EPF passbook online.
How to Check Your UAN Passbook Account Balance?
You can check your account balance through various methods that are as follows:
You must follow the following steps in order to check your account balance on the EPF portal.
- Visit the EPF portal and click on ‘Our Services’ on the dashboard.
- Then navigate and click on ‘For Employees’
- Select ‘Member Passbook’
- Enter your user credentials and Login to your account.
- Click on ‘View Passbook’
- On the next screen you will be able to view your account balance along with the other details of your account.
Send an SMS from your official mobile number to 7738299899 to check your EPF balance. The message should be sent in the format ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG,’ with ENG being the three characters of the preferred language. The language option is offered in 10 different vernacular languages (English, Hindi, Telugu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, and Bengali). If your Aadhaar, PAN, and bank account were submitted by your employer but not digitally approved, there’s a chance you won’t get a notice. In this case, you must contact your employer right away. When the message is successfully accepted, EPFO sends an SMS including the KYC document details, the most recent contribution, and the account balance.
The account holder must confirm that the KYC details have been linked and merged with the UAN before being allowed to see the account balance through missed call. When the KYC has been successfully linked, make a missed call from your registered phone to 011-22901406 and an SMS with EPFO data will be sent to you shortly.
How to Download EPF Passbook?
To download your EPF passbook, you will need a UAN and password. The EPF passbook shows various transactions, monthly contributions, withdrawals, and many other details to the employee. Moreover, you will have to do an employee login in order to access the UAN passbook. To login you just need to follow the simple steps that are as follows:
- Head over to the official website of EPFO and click on the e-Passbook option on the right side of the page.
- Enter your UAN, Password and the Captcha details on the Passbook Login Page.
- Then click on the Login Button.
- On the next page you will see multiple member IDs that are linked with the UAN.
- You will have to select the ID whose Passbook you want to see and download.
- Now you can see your EPF passbook in the next tab in the form of a PDF file.
- You can download the PDF file and print that passbook directly from that page.
What is Shown in UAN Passbook?
After you have successfully logged in to your EPF account you can open and download your UAN passbook. Once you have downloaded the UAN Passbook, you can see various details present in it. Generally, the components available in UAN passbook are as follows:
- Your EPF Account Number
- 12 Digit Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Basic Details like Name of the Establishment, Establishment Address, Member’s Name, Date of Birth, and Date of Joining the Organization, etc.
- Opening Balance of your passbook that will include the employer and employee column.
- Monthly Contributions by the employer and the employee.
- Withdrawals made throughout your employment.
- Closing Balance of the year.
Benefits of UAN Passbook
The UAN passbook gets activated within 6 hours of registration of the member at the EPFO portal and you can access it anytime. You can see the opening and closing balance of your EPF account through your EPF passbook. However, the closing PF balance will show the net amount of your EPF account inclusive of employer and employer contribution. The UAN passbook will also show all the transactions in detail including withdrawals and interests.
Along with these benefits, the EPF passbook has a lot of information related to your EPFO account and you can access the passbook anytime using your UAN and password. On the other hand, you can download the statement and see the monthly contributions to your PF account. The passbook will also show the withdrawals and the interest credited to your PF account.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it possible to view the EPF passbook online without the Universal Account Number (UAN)?
No, it is not possible to view your passbook online without the UAN. The UAN and password are required to log in to the official EPFO portal to view the passbook online.
2. Can I download or view my EPF passbook online?
Yes, you can download or view your EPF passbook online by following the below mentioned steps:
– Log in to the member portal using your UAN and password.
– Go to the menu option ‘Download’ and select ‘Download Passbook’.
– It is also possible to download the PDF version of the passbook.
3. How can I check the status of my EPFO claim?
You can check the status of any of your earlier raised EPFO claims by visiting the EPFO Portal. Head over to the ‘Our Services’ section and select ‘For Employees.’ Click on ‘Know Your Claim Status’ option. However, you can check your current EPFO claim status by logging in to the UAN Member Portal through the official EPFO Website, by entering your PF Account Number or UAN and your password. Another way is by Calling EPFO Toll-Free Number.
4. How do I make an online EPF transfer?
When an employee changes positions, the necessity for a transfer emerges. The employee must use their UAN to login into the member portal, then go to ‘Online Services’ and select ‘Transfer Request.’
5. How to activate UAN online and link my mobile number with the EPF portal?
To activate your UAN and link your mobile number follow the steps below:
– Go to the EPF Member Portal.
– Select “UAN Activation” from the drop-down menu.
– Click “Get Authorization Pin” after entering your UAN, name, date of birth, mobile number, and email address.
– A one-time password (OTP) will be texted to your phone number.
– To activate your UAN, enter the OTP, and this mobile number will also be registered with your EPF.
6. Is the EPF passbook facility available to all EPFO members?
No, the EPF passbook facility is not available to all EPFO members. The members listed below do not have access to the passbook feature:
– Settled members
– Exempted Established Members
– Inoperative members
7. How much time does it take for any update to show in the UAN passbook?
It takes at least 6 hours for any update to get reflected on online records. Whenever you access your EPF passbook, make sure to check all the details in case of any discrepancies. In case of any discrepancy, report it to the EPFO grievance committee to get the details corrected.
8. Who allocates UAN?
The UAN is assigned to all subscribers by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)
9. Is it compulsory to withdraw the entire amount from my EPF account after retirement?
No, it is not compulsory to withdraw the entire cumulative amount from your EPF account. However, the account will not earn any more interest after three months of not receiving any contributions.
10. After UAN registration, how long does it take for the UAN passbook to generate online?
Generally, the UAN passbook is generated in a maximum of 6 hours following the UAN registration.