- Go through the process of making EPFO Member Passbook Login
- See the components of the EPFO Passbook
- Make use of UAN and password to view your EPFO Passbook
The employee and the employer make equal contributions to the EPFO account. 12% of the basic salary is contributed to the EPF account by the employee and the employer contributes 8.33% of the basic salary to EPS and 3.67% goes to EPF. So, if you want to see the record of the contributions then you will have to go through the EPFO Member Passbook. It includes the list of all the contributions made by the employee and the employer to the EPF account. You can even see the interest credited to your account through the EPFO Member Passbook Login. Therefore, you must be aware of the steps to view your EPF passbook online and download it.
Table of Contents
Components of UAN Passbook and Steps to Download it
You will always need a UAN and a password if you want to see and download your EPFO passbook. On the other hand, the passbook shows various transactions, monthly contributions, withdrawals, and many other details to the employee. You will have to do an employee login in order to access the member passbook.
Steps to Open and Download UAN Passbook through Online Passbook Login
You just have to follow the simple steps given below and see all the details available in your passbook after making a successful EPFO Member Passbook login:-
- Go to the Official Website of EPFO and click on the e-Passbook option present on the right side of the page.
- Now you can see the Passbook Login Page in front of you.
- Enter your UAN, Password, and the Captcha.
- Then click on the Login Button.
- Then on the next page you will see multiple member IDs linked with the UAN and you will have to click on that ID whose Passbook you want to see and download.
- Now you can see your EPFO passbook in the next tab in the form of a PDF file.
- You can download and print that passbook directly from that page.
Details Shown in EPFO Passbook
Once you have opened and downloaded the UAN Passbook, you will see various details in it. So, the components visible in that passbook will be:-
- Your EPF Account Number
- 12 Digit Universal Account Number
- Basic Details like Name of the Establishment, Establishment Address, Member’s Name, Date of Birth, and Date of Joining the Organization, etc.
- Opening Balance of your passbook that will include the employer and employee column.
- Monthly Contributions made by the employer and the employee.
- All the withdrawals you have made throughout your employment.
- Closing Balance of the year.
Benefits of EPFO Member Passbook
- The passbook gets activated within 6 hours of registration of the member at the EPFO portal and you can access it anytime.
- You can see the opening PF Balance and closing balance of your EPF account through the passbook.
- The closing balance will show the net amount of your EPF inclusive of employer and employer contribution.
- The passbook will show all the transactions in detail including withdrawals and interests.
The EPFO member passbook has a lot of information related to your EPF account and you can access the passbook anytime through the UAN and password. On the other hand, you can download the statement and see the monthly contributions made to your PF account. The passbook will also show the withdrawals and the interest credited to your PF account. Now, you know the steps to make EPFO member Passbook Login and download your passbook online.