For security reasons, the Reserve Bank of India has made it mandatory for all banks to disable international transactions on a new credit card on an inactive credit card. Similarly, if you have just received an HDFC Credit Card then your international transaction would be disabled. You can make domestic transactions through it but can’t make any international transactions. Therefore, you must know how to enable international transaction on HDFC Credit Card so that you can make hassle-free international transactions. There are three ways to activate international transactions on your HDFC credit card and you can use any method to do so. You can use HDFC Net Banking, WhatsApp Banking, and EVA assistance to enable international transactions.
Table of Contents
3 Ways to Enable HDFC Bank Credit Card International Transaction
There are three methods through which you can use your HDFC Credit Card for international transactions. You are free to choose any method for activating international transactions on your credit card.
Use HDFC Digital Assistance ASK EVA
You can enable the international transaction through EVA by following the steps given below and it is the easiest method that you can follow:-
- Visit the Official website of HDFC Bank on your laptop or PC.
- At the bottom right of the page click on the ASK EVA digital assistance.
- Then make a click on the Credit Card Services option.
- Now choose the Manage My Credit Card option.
- Then click on the fifth option that is International Transactions.
- Click on the First Option that is Enable.
- Now you can enable the following international transactions and you can choose any transaction:-
- ATM Withdrawal Transactions (International)
- Online E-Commerce Transactions (International)
- Merchant Outlet POS Transaction (International)
- Contactless Transactions (International)
- After choosing the type of transaction, you will have to enter your registered mobile number.
- Then verify the OTP you will receive on your phone and then enter the last 4 digits of your HDFC Credit Card.
- You will see a screen with the “Disabled” option and you have to Enable it.
- Finally, your international transaction on your HDFC Credit Card will be enabled.
Enable International Transaction through WhatsApp Banking
Many individuals use WhatsApp in India so it might also help you to enable international transactions:-
- First, you will have to save the official HDFC WhatsApp number in your contact that is 7065970659.
- Then send a text message “Manage My Credit Card” on WhatsApp on this number.
- You will receive many options in which you will have to choose option 5 that is International Transaction.
- Then you will have to enter an OTP that you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your HDFC Credit Card and you will see the current status of the international transaction.
- The current status will be shown Disabled and you will have to Enable it.
- After enabling the international transaction you can make hassle-free international transactions from your HDFC Credit Card.
Activate HDFC Credit Card International Transaction through Net Banking
The final way to enable international transactions on your HDFC Credit Card is through net banking and you can do so by following the below steps:-
- Open the HDFC Net Banking Page and make an HDFC Credit Card Login.
- Expand the Cards tab and then click on the Request option.
- Now click on the Set Card Usage/Limits option.
- Here you will see the Daily Domestic Usage/Limit and Daily International Usage/Limit.
- The International Usage/Limit would be disabled.
- Click on the International Usage/Limit option and then on continue.
- Review the Page and then click on the Confirm button.
- Enter the OTP you have received on your mobile phone and then click on the continue button.
- You have enabled international transactions on HDFC Credit Cards.
The above methods clearly tell you how to enable international transactions on HDFC credit card. After the activation of the international transaction, all the transactions done overseas can be seen in your HDFC Credit Card Statement. You can keep track through the statement on your international and domestic transactions.