- Know the process to register to the Income Tax Department Website.
- Make login to your Income Tax Account after registering your details on the website.
- Check the process of making a successful login to the Income Tax Website.
Are you a taxpayer or do you owe money to the government? We’ll walk you through how to register and login income tax India login website in this article. Because of the rising digitalisation, taxpayers must now register online on the income tax website.
Every Indian person is required to pay tax on his or her earnings if they meet the taxable income threshold. You can do so by visiting the Income Tax E-filing login website and paying your taxes there.
However, firstly, you’ll need to create an Income Tax Login in order to pay your taxes, and if you don’t already have an account on the Income Tax E-filing login website, you’ll need to register your information in order to log in successfully. The procedure for registering on the income tax India login website and then successfully logging in with the login ID and password is described in the following paragraphs. After enrolling your information, you must follow the steps to log in to the income tax India login portal.
Register and Login to Income Tax Website
In order to log in to the income tax website, you will have to first register yourself on the website, and then only you can make a log-in. Let’s see the whole procedure of income tax registration in detail.
Steps to Register to Income Tax Website
Before you register to the income tax website make sure that you have a valid PAN, valid mobile number, a valid current address, and a valid email address.
- Visit the official website of Income India E-filling.
- Now, at the top-right corner of the page, you can see a blue highlighted box.
- In the blue box, you will have to click on the Register Yourself Button.
- Thereafter registration page will open where you will have to select the user type:-
- Hindu Undivided Family
- Other than Individual/Hindu Undivided Family
- External Agency
- Chartered Accountants
- Tax Deductor and Collector
- Third-Party Software Utility Developer
- After choosing the User Type, click on the Continue Button.
- Now Enter your basic details that will include:-
- Middle Name
- First Name
- Date of Birth
- Residential Status
- After filling in all the details, click on the Continue button and move to the next step.
- Now the Registration Form will open where you will have to enter the following details:-
- Confirm Password
- Primary Secret Question and Answer
- Secondary Secret Question and Answer
- Contact Details like Primary Mobile Number and Primary Email ID
- Address Details like Country, Building, Pincode, Locality, Post Office, City, and State
- After filling the Registration Form, click on the Continue Button.
- Then enter the Captcha and click on the Submit Button.
- Once you submit the form successfully, you will receive a six-digit OTP on your registered mobile number and registered email ID.
- Enter the OTP and verify all the details successfully.
Steps to Make Income Tax Login
After the income tax registration, you can log-in income tax portal by following the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the official website of Income India E-filling.
- Now, you can see a blue highlighted box at the top-right corner of the page.
- Under the “Registered User” head, click on the Login Here button.
- The login page will open thereafter where you will have to enter your login details.
- Enter the User ID in the box and it will be your PAN Number.
- Enter the Password that you have created at the time of registration.
- Provide the Captcha shown in the box.
- Then finally, click on the Login Button.
- After making a successful income tax login, you can manage and pay your taxes.
Frequently Asked Question
1. In the Income tax login, what is referred to as the user ID?
The user ID refers to the pan number of the taxpayer in the Income tax login.
2. How to reset your Income tax account password in case I forget it?
Follow the below steps to reset your password for your Income tax account.
- You can reset your Income tax account password by clicking on ‘Forgot Password’.
- After then, you can reset the password by using any of the following methods.
- By uploading your Digital signature certificate (DSC).
- By choosing to get an OTP on your Aadhar-linked mobile number.
- By choosing to get an OTP on your registered mobile number with the Income Tax India Login portal.
3. What is the URL of the Income Tax E-filing Login portal?
The URL for the Income Tax E-filing Login portal is https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
4. Can an Aadhaar Card be used to login to the Income tax account?
Yes, you can use the Aadhaar Card to login to the Income tax account only if it is linked with your PAN number.
5. How do I add a DSC to my income tax login account?
Please follow the steps outlined below to register a digital certificate to your Income Tax Login account:
- Go to the downloads tab in the menu bar and choose DSC management utility from the left pane as a first step before registering DSC.
- The emsigner tool can be downloaded and installed.
- Make sure the USB token is plugged in and the DSC is turned on.
- Now proceed to ‘My Profile’ by clicking on your profile symbol in the top-right corner of the e-filing page.
- In the left pane of your profile page, you’ll see a ‘Register DSC’ option.
- Now, enter the DSC token’s email address and check the box that says, “I have downloaded and installed the emsigner programme.” Then press the ‘Continue’ button.
- A new screen will display; from the dropdown menu, select the provider and certificate. Also, enter the password for the provider. Select ‘Sign’ from the drop-down menu.
- Your DSC will be added to your Income tax account.
6. What to do if your Income Tax Login Account is locked?
Your Income Tax login account will get locked after 5 unsuccessful attempts of putting your correct password. You can contact the helpline number and get assistance in unlocking your account.
7. How do I change my name in my income tax account?
The name on your PAN card is used by the Income Tax Department. As a result, in order to alter your name in income tax India records, you must also update your PAN card name. If you want to change the name, you’ll need to use PAN’s ‘name correction’ feature.
8. How do I change my registered mobile number with the Income Tax Login portal?
Please go to ‘My profile’ by clicking on your profile image. Click on ‘contact details’ on the income tax India login site. Change the mobile number by clicking the edit icon in the right hand corner.
9. Is it possible to access my income tax login account using net banking?
Yes, if your bank offers the service, you can access your income tax login account using net banking. Customers can get this service from most of India’s main banks.
10. How can you login into your E-filing portal using Aadhaar OTP?
Follow the below steps to login into your E-filing portal.
- Visit the E-filing portal and click on ‘Login’.
- Enter your PAN number as your user ID and click on ‘Continue’.
- Confirm your Secure Access Message and then choose the option ‘OTP on mobile registered with Aadhaar’.
- Enter the OTP by clicking on ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details.’
As now that you are aware of the easy process of income tax login or income tax registration on the income tax e-filing login website, you should explore the process of GST Login as well. You can manage and see your taxes online on this GST login portal. It will become convenient for you to access all the details related to your taxes online. So, if you haven’t registered yourself until now, you can easily do so by following the process given above in this article.