Do you have your PAN number? Are you looking to apply for it? What is the way to get one? Are you a taxpayer? If you are a taxpayer but don’t have a PAN number, in that case, you must know that holding a PAN number is necessary while making financial transactions.
Form 49A is required to apply for the PAN card. Every Indian resident and the commercial entity must apply for a PAN number if they are taxpayers.
Read this blog to know more about PAN and Form 49A.
Overview of PAN Card
A Permanent Account Number, i.e., PAN number, is a 10-digit distinctive alphanumeric number. It is an identification code which the Income Tax Department uses to track monetary transactions. The Indian Income Tax Department allocates this number. You need to fill out the appropriate form to get your PAN number.
How Many Are PAN Card Forms Allotted by the Income Tax Department of India?
The Indian Income Tax Department has allotted two types of PAN card application forms. These are given below:
- PAN Card Form 49A: This application form must only be filled out by Indian citizens. Indian companies and entities incorporated or unincorporated in India must also fill this Form 49A.
- PAN Card Form 49AA: This application form is to be filled by Foreign citizens only. Entities incorporated or unincorporated outside India also need to fill this Form 49AA.
Whether Form 49A or Form 49AA, you can download them in PDF format and then, after filling, submit them as a hard copy. You can also fill them out online via the official websites of NSDL and UTIITSL.
What Are the Steps to Fill Out Form 49A?
This form consists of a total of 17 sections with different sub-sections. Some questions are mandatory, while others are not. Before submitting the form to the concerned authorities, you must fill in these sections.
Step 1: Go through the official website of NSDL or UTIITSL.
Step 2: Select the appropriate option and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 3: Enter all the details properly in Form 49A.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Mode of Payment’ option to submit the application fees.
Step 5: After submitting the form and its fees, an acknowledgement receipt will display.
Step 6: Print the acknowledgement receipt and attach the required documents.
Step 7: Put your signature wherever required in the form.
Step 8: After completing all the steps, send your form to the NSDL address in Pune, India.
What Are the Details Mentioned in the Acknowledgement Slip?
The details mentioned in the acknowledgement receipt are given below:
- Category of the applicant.
- 15-digit unique acknowledgement number.
- Name of the applicant.
- Permanent Account Number.
- Date of birth/agreement/incorporation/partnership, etc.
- Father’s name (only in case of an independent).
- Payment details.
- Address for communication.
- Photograph space (only in case of an independent).
- Signature space.
What Are the Documents Required to Attach to Form 49A?
The list mentioned below includes all the documents that you need to submit with this form:
- Self-attested copy of ‘Identity Proof’.
- Duly signed copy of the online application.
- Self-attested copy of ‘Date of Birth Proof’.
- Self-attested copy of ‘Address Proof’.
- In the case of singles, paste two 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm size recent stamp-size photographs on the assigned space.
What Are the Matters That You Need to Remember While Filling Out Form 49A?
Some points that you need to remember while filling out this form are given below:
- Take note of where you are asked to fill in details in the BLOCK and SMALL letters.
- Prefer using black ink while filling the Form 49A.
- It will be best if you fill in all mandatory fields.
- Choose a proper title. However, please do not use short forms at their start and end.
- Do not use any abbreviation in the company’s name.
- In the case of the freeholder or owner, your name must not be joined by anyone.
- Mention all your details correctly in the proper space with the proof mentioned.
- Paste your photos in the required space given.
- Check the documents checklist to verify all your documents. It will help you in avoiding any rejection or delay in the application.
- Check once all the documents are in your name before submitting them.
- The representative person must also have to provide identity proof and address proof.
Form 49A will fill in the English language only. So, you need to review it properly before submitting it. Also, keep notice of all the mandatory fields. Ensure to fill them properly to avoid chances of rejection. Moreover, avoid overwriting while filing the form.
Comments are closed.