- Learn the Steps to make an EPFO withdrawal claim online using UAN and Password.
- Check the documents you might need while making the online EPFO claim.
- Check out the rules when you want to make an EPFO withdrawal.
An employee is allowed to make partial withdrawals from his accumulated Provident Fund. You can make the EPFO Claim Online and withdraw the necessary funds. You can make a withdrawal claim online by filling the form. EPFO allows the employee to withdraw funds only if their Aadhar is linked with UAN. So, you can make an EPFO Online Claim using the employee login portal. Let’s go through the procedure of making a withdrawal claim and see how you can the terms and conditions related to the online claim.
Table of Contents
Online Process of EPFO Withdrawal Claim
You must check the steps involved to file an online EPFO Claim. There are some simple steps that will definitely help you to make a withdrawal from your EPF balance.
- Go to the UAN Member Portal and enter your UAN and Password to Sign In.
- Now, in the tabs present on the top, expand the Online Services Tab.
- Choose the Claim (FORM-31, 19&10C) option from the expanded menu.
- Then, you will see the member details, and there you will have to enter the last four digits of your account number in the Bank Account No. Section.
- Once you have entered the last four digits of your account number, click on the Verify button.
- Now, click on the Yes Option to sign the Certificate of Undertaking and then move further.
- Select the PF Advance (Form 31) option in the Purpose for which advance is required box.
- Provide the employee address and you can see the employees who are not eligible for the withdrawal in the Red Warning Box.
- Tick the Check Box of Certification and submit your application.
- You might also have to submit the supporting documents online, asked by EPFO for filing the claim.
- Finally, your employer has to approve the withdrawal request, and then your EPF amount will be transferred to your account you have mentioned earlier.
The EPFO will send the notification about your claim on your registered mobile number. There is no specified time for the transfer of funds but it might take 15-20 days to credit the withdrawn amount to your account.
EPFO Withdrawal Claim Rules
- You can withdraw the full EPF amount only after your retirement.
- 55 years is the earliest retirement age as per EPFO.
- EPFO allows partial withdrawals only in case of a medical emergency, higher education, house purchase, or construction.
- You can withdraw a maximum of 90% of the EPF balance 1 year before retirement.
- It is necessary to have an active UAN, bank details linked with UAN, PAN, and Aadhar details linked with your account.
- The employee must be in continuous 5 years of service if he is withdrawing funds for house purchase or construction.
- 3 Years of Services is necessary to claim EPF withdrawal in case of repayment of a home loan.
- An employee must be in 7 years of service if he is withdrawing funds for marriage.
- There is no minimum work time period criterion for withdrawing money in case of a medical emergency.
Documents Required for EPF Withdrawal
- Composite Claim Form
- Two Revenue Stamps
- Bank account statement
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- One blank and cancelled cheque with IFSC code and account number clearly mentioned.
- Personal information and should clearly match with the identity proof.
You know the process of making an EPFO Online Claim through the EPFO official website. The online claim helps you to withdraw money from your EPF account and use it in case of an emergency. On the other hand, you will always need a UAN and a password to log in and initiate the claim process. The amount withdrawn is usually credited into your bank account 15 to 20 days after making the claim.