- Learn the Steps to make an EPFO withdrawal claim online using UAN and Password.
- Check the documents you might need while making the online EPFO claim.
- Check out the rules when you want to make an EPFO withdrawal.
An employee is allowed to make partial withdrawals from his accumulated Provident Fund. You can make the EPFO Claim Online and withdraw the necessary funds. You can make a withdrawal claim online by filling the form. EPFO allows the employee to withdraw funds only if their Aadhar is linked with UAN. So, you can make an EPFO Online Claim using the employee login portal. Let’s go through the procedure of making a withdrawal claim and see how you can the terms and conditions related to the online claim.
Table of Contents
Online Process of EPFO Withdrawal Claim
You must check the steps involved to file an online EPFO Claim. There are some simple steps that will definitely help you to make a withdrawal from your EPF balance.
- Go to the UAN Member Portal and enter your UAN and Password to Sign In.
- Now, in the tabs present on the top, expand the Online Services Tab.
- Choose the Composite Claim (FORM-31, 19&10C) option from the drop down menu.
- Then, you will be able to see the member details, KYC details. Now you have to enter your registered account number in the Bank account No. Section whose details are seeded in the EPFO database.
- Once you have entered your account number, click on the verify button.
- Now, click on the Yes Option to sign the Certificate of Undertaking and then move further.
- Now click on “Proceed to claim option” to move onto the next page
- On the very next page, now select the Form type Claim (Form 31,19,10C & 10D). You want to apply for in “I want to Apply for” Section.
- In the next field you need to select the “Select Service” means the company you are working in.
- Select the Purpose in the Purpose for which advance is required box for which you want to withdraw the PF amount and at the same time you can also see the employees who are not eligible for the withdrawal in the Red Warning Box.
- Now enter the Withdrawal Amount you want to claim in “Amount of advance is required.”
- Provide the employee address (Locality, Street, State, City, 6 digit Pin code)
- Now you need to upload your Bank Passbook/ cheques scanned copy (Note* Make sure that the Passbook /cheque have your Complete Name, Bank account No & IFSC code clearly mentioned on it)
- Provide your authorization by clicking in the tick box.
- Now click on “ Get Aadhar OTP” to validate your Aadhar Card Number. You will receive a 6 digit OTP on your mobile number registered with UIDAI. Enter the same in given box and click on “Validate OTP and Submit Claim Form.”
- Now you can see, your application has been submitted successfully.
- You can also download your receipt of claim for further reference by clicking on “Click Here” to view PDF file.
The EPFO will send the notification about your claim on your registered mobile number. There is no specified time for the transfer of funds but it might take 15-20 days to credit the withdrawn amount to your account.
EPFO Withdrawal Claim Rules
When you decide to withdraw the PF amount to meet your financial emergency, you need to look out for some rules before filling forms for online Claim.
- The member should have activated his/her UAN (Universal Account Number) and the mobile number used for activating UAN should be in working Condition.
- Member’s Aadhar details should be updated in EPFO database and he should avail OTP based facility for verifying e-KYC from UIDAI while submitting the claim.
- Member’s Bank Account details along with IFSC code should be updated in EPFO database.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)should be updated in EPDFO database for PF Final Settlement Claims in case his/her service is less than 5 years.
- You can withdraw the full EPF amount only after your retirement.
- 55 years is the earliest retirement age as per EPFO.
- EPFO allows partial withdrawals only in case of a medical emergency, higher education, house purchase, or construction which is also subject to the years of service/membership with EPFO in certain cases. The service eligibility against different type of advances for which a member can apply are as under:
|Reason for partial withdrawal/ advance||When||Purpose||Maximum amount that can be withdrawn|
|Purchase of land for construction of the house||After 5 years of EPF Membership||Land should be in name of the individual and / or spouse||Least of the following: a) 24 month’s basic wages and dearness allowance of member; or b) Member’s share of contribution along with employer’s contribution and interest; or c) actual cost towards acquisition of the site|
|Purchase of house/ construction of house||After 5 years of EPF Membership||House should be in name of the individual and / or spouse||Least of the following: a) 36 month’s basic wages and dearness allowance of member; or b) Member’s share of contribution along with employer’s contribution and interest; or c) Total cost of construction|
|Renovation of house||After 5 years of EPF Membership||House should be in name of the individual and / or spouse||Least of the following: a) 12 month’s basic wages and dearness allowance of member; or b) Member’s share of contribution along with interest|
|Medical Emergency (For e.g. Cancer, TB, etc)||NA||For specified medical treatment of self and family member||Least of the following: a) 6 month’s basic wages and dearness allowance of member; or b) Member’s share of contribution along with interest|
|Marriage||After 7 years of EPF membership||Marriage of self/son/daughter /brother/sister||50 % of Employee’s share of contribution with interest only|
|Higher Education of Children||After 7 years of EPF membership||Education of son/ daughter after class 10||50 % of Employee’s share of contribution with interest only|
|Non – receipt of Wages||NA||Employee has not received wages for more than 2 months continuously (for reasons other than strike)|
Or In case of lockout / closure of establishment for more than 15 days, And
the employees are rendered unemployed without compensation
|Employee share with Interest|
|Discharge/Dismissal/retrenchment of member challenged by him /her in the court||NA||Discharge/Dismissal/retrenchment of member challenged by him /her in the court||Maximum 50% of Employee share with Interest|
|In case of Establishment’s closure for more than 6 months and employees continue to be unemployed without compensation||NA||Upto 100% of Employee share with interest|
|Job Loss||NA||Unemployed for a continuous period of not less than a month||Upto 75% of the EPF Balance i.e. member’s share, employer’s share and interest|
Balance 25% can be withdrawn after remaining unemployed for continuous period for two months
|To meet pandemic related financial urgency (For e.g. Coronavirus)||NA||If the area is declared to be affected by epidemic or pandemic||Least of the following: a) 3 month’s basic wages and dearness allowance of member; or b) 75% of EPF balance i.e. member’s share employer’s share and interest|
|Withdrawal for investment in Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana||After attainment 55 years of age||Amount to be transferred to the LIC of India for investment in Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana||Upto 90% of the EPF balance i.e. Member’s share, employer’s share and interest|
|Withdrawal within One year before retirement||After attainment of 54 years of age by the member or; Within 1 year before his/her actual retirement on superannuation, whichever is later||Any purpose||Upto 90% of the EPF balance i.e. Member’s share, employer’s share and interest|
|For Repayment of housing Loan||After 10 years of EPF Membership||Loan should be in the name of Individual and / or spouse||Least of the following: a) 36 month’s basic wages and dearness allowance of member; or b) Member’s share of contribution along with employer’s share of contribution; c) Amount of outstanding principal and interest of the said loan including the interest|
Other than above mentioned scenarios an employee can also claim advance or withdrawal from the EPF account under the following circumstances –
- Where member is affected by calamity of exceptional nature such as floods, earthquake or riots;
- Where members are affected by cut in the supply of electricity in the establishment;
- For purchase of the equipment required by physically handicapped member.
Documents Required for EPF Withdrawal
To file an EPF withdrawal claim online, you are not required to submit any documents, however, you need to upload the scanned copy cheque/ passbook on the EPFO member Portal.
The bank account number, IFSC code, and name should be clearly visible on the cheque/passbook and should be readable. As there is possibility of rejection of the claim if the scanned copy of the cheque is not readable.
You know the process of making an EPFO Online Claim through the EPFO official website. The online claim helps you to withdraw money from your EPF account and use it in case of an emergency. On the other hand, you will always need a UAN and a password to log in and initiate the claim process. The amount withdrawn is usually credited into your bank account 15 to 20 days after making the claim.