Linking Aadhaar with your bank account is like adding an additional layer of security in order to protect your account from anti-social activities like money laundering, black marketeering etc. Keeping this in view, a compulsory move has already been issued from the Government’s side vide notification dated June 1, 2017, in lieu of the changes made under the Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005 for mandatorily linking of your Aadhaar details.
Like every other bank, Andhra Bank has also provided various facilities to its customers for seeding Aadhaar number with their respective bank account.
Seeding Aadhaar number with bank is a very simple process wherein you give your consent for the following details before verification of your request:
- To link your Aadhaar/UID number issued by the UIDAI, Government of India in your name with respect to your selected account.
- To link/Update/Seed it at NPCI(National Payments Corporation of India) so as to allow you to obtain Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) from Government of India in your own account.
- To allow using your Aadhaar details in order to get your authentication done from UIDAI.
- To permit access to your mobile number to send you SMS alerts.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Update Aadhaar Card details with Andhra Bank?
- 2 How to check if Aadhaar is linked with Andhra Bank Account or not?
How to Update Aadhaar Card details with Andhra Bank?
There are various procedures available to link Aadhaar with Andhra Bank Account. It depends on you which procedure you would like to go with. The details are specified below:
Follow simple steps in order to register yourself successfully through Internet Banking:
- Log-in to the Internet Banking of Andhra Bank by using your User ID and Password.
- Click on the link “Registration of Aadhaar Number in Internet Banking” shown to you on the homepage of your Andhra Bank.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the respective fields.
- Confirm your details.
- Select the Savings Account towards which you wish to seed your Aadhaar number.
- Submit your request.
It will take two-three working days for getting your Aadhaar number mapped with your Andhra Bank account.
Later on, check the status of your Aadhaar linkage by clicking on the “Inquiry” button.
The bank account holders can follow the below-mentioned steps to link Aadhaar with Andhra Bank credit card:
- Login to Internet Banking using his/her User ID and Password.
- Click on the link in the home page “Registration of Aadhaar Number in Internet Banking “.
- Enter and confirm the 12 digit Aadhaar number in the respective fields.
- Select the credit card for which Aadhaar number is to be linked.
For those who are not technologically skilled can go to the nearest branch of Andhra Bank for getting their Aadhaar number linked with their account.
- Walk-in to your nearest Andhra Bank Branch.
- Take the downloaded “Aadhaar Seeding Consent” form either by downloading from the website or request one from any of the bank representative once you reach.
- Attach your original and photocopy of Aadhaar Card after filling relevant details in your application form.
- Give your filled-in form to the representative so as to initiate with Aadhaar procedure.
- Provide the hard-copy of your Aadhaar to your bank representative as a means to verify your documents.
- Upon successful verification, your Aadhaar document will be returned to you. Afterwards, you will be issued a receipt.
- Later on, your Aadhaar will be mapped to your bank account within 2-3 working days.
- Upon successful linkage, you will obtain a confirmation via SMS on your registered mobile number. In case, you don’t get any confirmation then contact your bank representative for the same.
Seeding Aadhaar number with Andhra Bank ATM can be done anytime anywhere at its ATM counter. Here’s the detailed procedure:
- Walk-in to your nearest Andhra Bank ATM counter.
- Swipe your ATM or debit card in your ATM machine.
- Select AADHAAR registration option available under “Services” category.
- Select your Account Type as Savings Account for getting it seeded.
- Enter your Aadhaar details twice so as to confirm your request.
- Confirm your details.
- Upon successful completion of seeding your Aadhaar, obtain the receipt of seeding the request.
Andhra Bank offers you the facility of linking your Aadhaar via SMS. The procedure is very simple as you are required to follow the syntax as :
Type AADHAAR <space> 15 digit Bank Account Number <space> 12 digit AADHAAR Number
and send to 56161
wherein “AADHAAR” is the keyword for sending the message.
For example : type AADHAAR XXXXXXXXXXX7734 123458679101
SMS to 56161
your Aadhaar number is 123458679101 &
XXXXXXXXXXX7734 is your savings account number.
Upon registering AADHAAR number successfully, the customer will obtain an SMS in his/her mobile inbox.
- Visit the website of UIDAI(Unique Identification Authority of India)-
- On the home page screen of UIDAI, click “Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status” tab from the drop-down list of “Aadhaar Services” menu.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code details in the relative fields as shown on your screen.
- Click on “Send OTP”.
- Once you get the OTP (One-time password) on your registered mobile number. Enter the exact OTP details.
- Click on “Login”.
- Upon successful linking of your Aadhaar procedure, a status message such as “Congratulations! Your Bank Aadhaar Linking has been done successfully” will be shown on your screen along with your bank name and linking date.
- Dial *99*99*1# from your already registered mobile number.
- Enter your Aadhaar number details in the relative box.
- Confirm your details.
Either of the above procedure you follow, you will see the name of Andhra Bank only if you have seeded it with your bank account very recently. As UIDAI is responsible to show you the name of that very bank which has recently been linked with your Aadhaar. Regardless of linking your multiple bank accounts, the names of other banks won’t be shown to you on the screen. This facility is available to those users whose mobile number has already been registered with their Aadhaar.
- Getting LPG subsidy
- Subsidy on commodities
- Easy opening of bank accounts or availing governmental schemes like pensions, welfare funds, scholarships, MNREGA wages etc directly in your Andhra Bank account.
- Subsidy available on commodities like sugar, kerosene, rice etc.