Link Aadhaar Card4863 views
Like your name is very important for your existence, so is your Aadhaar for your bank account. It is always for your own benefit as you will start availing various benefits from Government’s side directly in your bank account. Along with benefits, in order for the active continuity of your bank account, Bank of Maharashtra has come up with various ways for making the Aadhaar update seeded convenient for its customers.
This initiative has been directed in following the compliance of the Government vide notification dated June 1, 2017, to obligatory link your Aadhaar number with your bank account. This directive has been made as per the amends already made under the Prevention of Money-laundering(Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005. Let’s check out the benefits and methods of Bank of Maharashtra Aadhaar Card update.
Table of Contents
- 1 Benefits of Aadhaar link with Bank of Maharashtra
- 2 How to Link Aadhaar with Bank of Maharashtra Credit Card
- 3 Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with Bank of Maharashtra
- 4 Link Aadhaar Card with Bank of Maharashtra Online via Internet Banking
- 5 Link Aadhaar Card with Bank of Maharashtra Via Branch Visit
- 6 Link Aadhaar with Bank of Maharashtra Via SMS
- 7 Link Aadhaar with Bank of Maharashtra Via ATM
- 8 How to Check Aadhaar Card Link with Bank of Maharashtra?
- Get LPG subsidy directly into your account.
- Get subsidized commodities(like kerosene, sugar etc) directly in your account.
- Avail government benefits like pensions, welfare funds, scholarships, MNREGA etc.
If you are having a Bank of Maharashtra Credit Card and are still confused how to link the same with your 12-digit Aadhaar number, nothing to worry. There are many ways with the help of which you can update your aadhaar credentials with your BOM Credit Card. The bank allows you to link your aadhaar via SMS Banking Service, Customer Care and Branch Visit. You can easily link your aadhaar by using any medium. However, those who are already having an account in BOM, simply need to link their respective bank account with Aadhaar only as doing so will automatically link their aadhaar with credit card.
- Online(or Internet) Banking
- Offline or Branch Visit
- Log-in to the website of Bank of Maharashtra.
- Enter your User ID and password to login.
- Click on the “Aadhaar Seeding” option from the drop-down menu of the “Requests” section.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar twice times.
- Click on “Submit” button.
Once you submit the above details, it will take 48 hours of verification and updating of your bank account with Aadhaar.
- Walk-in to your nearest Bank of Maharashtra’s branch wherein you have your account.
- Carry along with yourself “Aadhaar Seeding Consent form” downloaded from the website or ask from your bank representative once you reach the bank.
- Complete your filled-in details in the form. Keep your Aadhaar Card(in hard copy) and bank account statement(passbook) ready to be asked for verification purposes.
- After verification, you will be obtained with a receipt.
- Your bank account will be mapped to Aadhaar within two-three working days.
- Later on, get the confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
Following SMS is a very quick approach to seed your Aadhaar within seconds. Type the following syntax as:
SEED<Aadhaar number><Bank account number> and send the message to 9223181818 from your registered mobile number.
Send to 9223181818
if your Aadhaar number is 895637224734 and the bank account number is
Type the message as :
SEED 895637224734 124343485986056 and send to 9223181818
Ensure that this facility is available to those account holders of Maharashtra Bank whose mobile numbers have been registered.
- Reach your nearest ATM counter of Bank of Maharashtra.
- Swipe your ATM or debit card in the machine.
- Enter your ATM pin.
- Click on the “Services” option.
- Click the “Aadhaar seeding” option.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar details twice times.
- Click on the “Confirm” button.
- Get the successful request receipt.
Within a couple of days, a confirmation message will be delivered to your registered mobile number after successful linking with your bank account.
- Check-in to the website of UIDAI(Unique Identification Authority of India)-
- Select “Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status” from the drop-down list which consists of “Aadhaar Services”.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Enter the security code(or Captcha code)in the relative field as mentioned on the screen.
- Click “Send OTP” button.
- Get direct delivery of your One-time password(OTP)on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP details in the related box.
- Click “Login”
Once your details have successfully been processed, a status message will automatically be shown to you stating “Congratulations! Your Bank Aadhaar Linking has been updated successfully” along with your bank name and last updated date.
- Dial *99*99*1# from your mobile number(which is registered with Maharashtra Bank).
- Enter your Aadhaar number in the box.
- Confirm your details.
Choosing from any of the above two cases, the name of Bank of Maharashtra will only be shown on the screen of UIDAI if it has been updated to your bank account very recently. Since UIDAI will only show you the last bank account that has been linked with Aadhaar. It will not show you the listing of your bank accounts for which your Aadhaar has been linked. Always remember that you need to have your mobile number already registered with Aadhaar database.