Link Aadhaar Card 3612 views
Link your Aadhaar with Canara Bank account for a seamless journey of financial transactions in future. The deadline for seeding Aadhaar is 31st March 2018. Amidst every bank informing its customers, Canara Bank too has kept various ways for its customers for getting their Aadhaar linked without making much of efforts. This is in accordance with the directives of the Government vide notification dated June 1, 2017, to mandatorily link your Aadhaar number with your bank account. This initiative has been made as per the changes already made under the Prevention of Money-laundering(Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005. Let’s find out the ways of seeding your Aadhaar with Canara Bank:
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Link Aadhaar with Canara Bank Credit Card
- 2 Linking Aadhaar Number to Canara Bank Account Online
- 3 Linking Aadhaar Number to Canara Bank Account Via Branch Visit
- 4 Know your Canara Bank Aadhaar Card Link Status
With multiple ways available, it would not be wrong to say that linking of aadhaar with Canara Bank Credit Card is simple and quick. The credit card holder simply needs to visit the Bank Branch and request for an Aadhaar Seeding Form to link the same. While on the other hand, one can opt for an SMS Banking Service to update the credentials OR the customer care executives of the bank are just a call away to help you regarding the same. However, an existing account holder of Canara Bank simply needs to link his/her bank account with Aadhaar only as doing so will automatically link your Canara Bank Credit Card with Aadhaar.
- Log-in to the home page of Canara Bank.
- Log-in with your User Name and password.
- Enter your 13-digit Account Number and Customer ID as per your passbook details.
- Get your One-time-password(or OTP) on your registered mobile phone.
- Enter that OTP.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number.
- Click on “Submit”.
Within few days of the verification process, you will be notified about your Aadhaar update on your registered mobile number.
- Visit your nearest branch of Canara Bank.
- Either ask your bank representative the Aadhaar seeding form or carry along with yourself filled-in “Aadhaar seeding Consent Form” from the website.
- Carry along with your hard copy and Xerox copy of your Aadhaar card. Also your bank account statement(passbook) to your Canara Bank Branch.
- Submit your filled-in form to your representative. Keep the documents ready to be asked by your bank representative for verification.
- Once verified, you will be given a verification slip.
After two-three working days, you will be notified via SMS on your registered mobile number about your Aadhaar number updation. If not get informed through SMS, confirm with your bank representative later on.
Canara Bank does not provide linking of your Aadhaar details through SMS/ATM.
- Log-in to the portal of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India)-
- Click “Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status” from the drop-down list containing “Aadhaar Services”.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Enter the security code(or Captcha code) as mentioned on the screen.
- Click on “Send OTP”.
- Your One-time password(OTP) will get delivered to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP details in the related fields.
- Click “Login”.
- Upon processing your details successfully, a status message will be shown to you stating “ “Congratulations! Your Bank Aadhaar Linking has been linked successfully” along with your bank name and last date (i.e. last updated date).
- Dial *99*99*1# from your mobile number(which is registered with Canara Bank).
- Enter your Aadhaar number in the relevant box.
- Confirm your details.
By selecting any of the above two cases, the name of Canara Bank will only be shown on the screen of UIDAI if it has been mapped to your bank account at the latest. Since UIDAI will only show you the very immediate bank account that has been linked with Aadhaar. It will not show you the entire listing of your bank accounts for which your Aadhaar has been seeded. Always remember that you need to have your mobile number already registered with Aadhaar data.