Link Aadhaar Card2281 views
- Link Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank Account Using Online or Offline Modes
Holding an ICICI Bank account but yet to link Aadhaar with the same? Well, do ASAP as the Government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar Card with bank accounts.
ICICI Bank, with branch and ATM count of around 4,850 and 13,792, respectively, manages millions of savings and current accounts. Now with the latest Aadhaar notification, queries regarding how to link Aadhaar with ICICI Bank account are doing the rounds. We can help you link Aadhaar with your accounts at ICICI Bank by telling you different modes featuring simple steps. Before we jump on to the steps, let’s just read an important update on Aadhaar and which is that the UIDAI, the governing body of the biometric authentication, has unveiled Face Recognition feature to add to its existing modes of authentications.
Table of Contents
- 1 Modes to Link Aadhaar to ICICI Bank Account
- 2 How to Link Aadhaar to ICICI Bank Credit Card?
- 3 Internet Banking – Features Simple Steps to Link Aadhaar With ICICI Bank Account
- 4 Steps to Link Aadhaar with Bank Account via iMobile App
- 5 Visit the Nearest ATM to Link Aadhaar with ICICI Bank Account
- 6 Use Phone Banking & IVR to Link Aadhaar with ICICI Bank Account
- 7 How to Check Whether My Aadhaar Is Linked to ICICI Bank Account or Not?
There are several modes by which you can link your Aadhaar card to ICICI Bank account. These include Internet Banking, mobile app, ATM, phone banking, branch, etc.
Even credit cards must get linked to Aadhaar, if not done. You need to link Aadhaar to a credit card only when you do not hold an account with ICICI Bank. Approach the nearest branch officials or the 24×7 customer care executives to do the needful.
Internet Banking is the best way to link your Aadhaar Card with ICICI Bank account in a matter of few minutes. It requires few steps which are illustrated below.
- Login to ICICI Internet Banking
- Navigate to Customer Service Section
- Within which you need to visit Service Requests
- Further within, you will find a tab of Bank Account Service Requests
- Then it’s time to visit Account Details and jump to Modification Related tab
- Subsequently, you will find a link – Request for Updating Aadhaar Number in Bank Account
- Click it, enter your Aadhaar details and then submit
Through these easy steps, you can link Aadhaar with your ICICI Bank account easily. However, if you do not hold the rights to Net Banking, you then need to request for the same at the nearest bank branch or the 24×7 customer care. After getting an access to Internet Banking, you can follow the steps mentioned above to link Aadhaar with your bank account.
Use iMobile App to link Aadhaar with your ICICI Bank Account. The steps for the same are clearly explained below.
- Download iMobile App from Google Play Store, AppStore or Windows Phone Store or SMS iMobile to 5676766 to obtain the Download Link
- Login to iMobile App using your Internet Banking ID/Password or 4-digit PIN
- Click Services, go to Instabanking Services and then Update Aadhaar
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number
- Click the ‘Submit’ button
Head straight to the nearest ICICI Bank ATM and update your Aadhaar number with a bank account. Just follow the easy steps mentioned below and serve your purpose.
- Swipe the card
- Choose the language you are comfortable with
- Login with your ATM PIN
- Select More Option – Aadhaar Updation in Menu
- Enter and re-enter the 12-digit Aadhaar Number
You can use phone banking services to update your Aadhaar with ICICI Bank account. Check out the steps you need to follow here.
- Call the 24×7 Customer Care Number
- Select your desired language from the Option Menu
- Press 1 for Banking Accounts
- Subsequently, enter your 12-digit account number or 16-digit debit card number followed by your phone banking PIN
- Press 1 to update Aadhaar
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm to update it to your bank accounts
- Alternatively, you can press Option 5 in Self Banking Menu or press 9 to speak to the customer care executive
Not comfortable with Net Banking? Well, you can visit the official website of ICICI bank and navigate to Personal Banking section. Upon reaching here, you need to follow the steps described below.
- Click the link – ‘Address Change for Resident Customers’
- An Aadhaar Updation Form will open out to a new page upon clicking
- Take a print out of the form
- Fill in the details, including Aadhaar and Bank Account number at the prescribed space.
- Submit the duly filled and signed application form at the nearest bank branch.
- Keep both original and photocopy of Aadhaar Card with you as bank officials can ask for the same.
- If you have an e-Aadhaar card, even that can be used.
- Subsequently, the bank will verify the details
- Upon successful verification, the Aadhaar Card details will be updated to your ICICI Bank Account.
You can even request for the form at the nearest bank branch and submit the details to get the Aadhaar updated to your account.
Mistakes can be committed even by the bank officials who may fail to register your Aadhaar details submitted by you. So to help you know whether the Aadhaar card is linked to your bank account or not, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has created an online facility for the same.
- Visit the Aadhaar website – www.uidai.gov.in
- Click Home Page
- Upon clicking, you will find Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status under the head ‘ Aadhaar Online Services
- Enter Aadhaar Number and the security code, as shown
- Click the One Time Password (OTP) link
- Enter the OTP to the mobile number registered at the time of Aadhaar issuance
- Upon successful login, you will get to see whether Aadhaar is mapped to your account or not.
Yes, you can check the linkage of Aadhaar with your ICICI Bank account on your mobile phone. Wanna know how? Just tune in to the steps described below.
- Dial *99*99*1#
- Enter your Aadhaar Number
- Confirm the Aadhaar Number Entered by You is Correct
- Upon confirmation, you will get to see the bank account linked with Aadhaar
- If you do not find the account linked with Aadhaar, do bring this matter to the notice of bank officials and tell them to do the needful
Note – This service is available only when your mobile number is linked to Aadhaar. Also, If you have multiple bank accounts, you can then check the status of them with the bank.