Every individual has to maintain a high Cibil Score in order to get easy approval for any type of loan. Even if you are applying for a Credit Card, you should have a high Cibil Score. But sometimes the late debt repayment or running from your EMIs cost you your Cibil Score. Your score gets negative and you cannot apply for a credit card. But there is an option for you, known as the Secured Credit Card that is issued against the fixed deposit in the bank. These cards will not only help you to improve your credit score but also have exciting benefits. Therefore, you can explore the best secured credit cards in India issued by various banks. You must also explore the offers available on these credit cards.
Quotes from 11 banks | Best Offers and Rewards
Top 5 Best Secured Credit Cards
In the table given below, you can see the list of secured cards with their features. You must also see the fixed deposit you need to get these credit cards.
|Secured Credit Cards||Features and Benefits||Fees|
|Bank of Baroda Assure Credit Card||- Apply for this credit card on the basis of a fixed deposit without any income.|
- You can withdraw cash from this credit card up to 100% of the limit.
- Spend INR 6000 from this credit card within 60 days of issuance and waive off the joining fee.
- Spend INR 35000 from this card and waive off the renewal fee.
- Enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver at the refilling station through this Secured Credit card.
- You can earn reward points on various transactions using this card.
- You can even convert transactions into EMIs if they are above INR 2500.
- Get up to three add-on cards for your loved ones.
- Enjoy an interest-free period of up to 50 days.
|- Joining fee- INR 500|
- Renewal Fee- INR 500
|Kotak 811 Dream Different Credit Card||- Apply for this secured credit card and get up to the 90% credit limit of your FD.|
- Earn 500 Bonus Reward Points on spending INR 5000 within 45 days of issuance.
- Spend INR 75000 in a year and earn a cashback of INR 750.
- Spend INR 100 on online transactions and enjoy 2 reward points.
- Earn 1 reward point on all other transactions of INR 100.
- Get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at the refilling stations up to INR 3500 per year.
- Enjoy Railway Transaction Surcharge Waiver of 1.8% on the website and 2.5% at the counters.
- You can also apply for the add-on credit cards.
|- Joining fee- NIL|
- Renewal Fee- NIL
|Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank Freedom SuperCard||- You will get 100% of your FD as the credit limit and 75% as the cash withdrawal limit.|
- Enjoy 2000 reward points on spending INR 2000 within 30 days of card issuance.
- Waive off the fee for the next year by spending INR 75000 annually.
- Enjoy the buy 1 get free movie ticket offer on BookMyShow.
- Get 4 free access to the domestic lounges in a year.
- Earn 1 reward point per INR 100 on this secured credit card.
- Multiply your reward points 2 times by spending on online transactions except for the utility bill payments and wallet recharge.
- Enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver of up to INR 100 at the petrol pumps.
- A minimum deposit of INR 15000 is needed to apply for this credit card.
|- Joining fee- INR 999 + GST|
- Renewal Fee- INR 999 + GST
|ICICI Rubyx Credit Card Against FD||- Enjoy welcome shopping and travel vouchers of INR 5000 after paying the joining fee.|
- This card is one of the best secured credit cards because you can earn 15000 reward points every anniversary year.
- Enjoy up to 2 Golf rounds for free every month.
- Get 2 Complimentary Visits to the Airport Lounges every quarter by spending INR 5000 per quarter from this credit card.
- Enjoy 2 Complimentary Railway Lounge Access per quarter on this card.
- Enjoy up to 25% off on movie tickets booked from BookMyShow.
- Double your reward points on international transactions made from this card.
- You can waive the Renewal fee by spending INR 3 lakhs in a year.
|- Joining fee- INR 3000 + GST|
- Renewal Fee- INR 2000 + GST
|IDBI Imperium Platinum Credit Card||- Enjoy a credit limit of 85% of the fixed deposit you have with the IDBI Bank.|
- You can withdraw cash of up to 75% of the credit limit from the secured credit card.
- Get an interest-free period of 48 days on this credit card.
- Use the credit card and make payments at more than 9 lakh merchants in India and 29 million merchants outside India.
- You can also apply for an Add-on Card for your loved ones.
- Enjoy all the VISA offers on this card.
|- Joining fee- INR 499 + GST|
- Renewal Fee- INR 499 + GST
Exclusive Features of Secured Credit Cards
You have explored the best secured credit cards in India and now you must see the benefits of using a secured credit card. There are multiple reasons that you apply for these cards and see their features.
All the Secured Credit Cards are widely accepted across the world. You can make payments and buy products using these cards. All the issuers also allow the customer to withdraw cash from ATMs using the secured credit card.
Improves Credit Score
If you have a negative credit score then the secured cards are the best option to improve it. It will be difficult for you to get a credit card in low credit score but as the secured credit cards are issued against a fixed deposit, you can get quick approval for them.
The issuer easily approves the secured credit card because it is issued against a fixed deposit. If in case you are unable to repay the secured credit card bill then the bank might break your FD and recover the loss from it. Therefore, the approval of these credit cards is quick and fast.
Earn Reward Points
You can even earn thousands of reward points through these cards and redeem them at the reward point redemption website against gift cards and vouchers. There are also many other saving benefits available on this credit card.
You have seen the best secured credit cards in India and you can apply for any card as per your needs. These cards have unique features and benefits that will help you to save some extra bucks from monthly expenses. You can even cut off your fuel expenses because some credit cards have fuel surcharge waiver benefits. So, it is up to you which secured credit card you choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I Apply for Multiple Secured Credit Cards?
Yes, you can apply for multiple secured credit cards but make sure that you have a Fixed Deposit with the same bank whose credit card you are applying for.
2. What are the documents needed for Secured Credit Card?
As secured credit cards are issued against fixed deposits, so you will not have to submit any documents because the banks already have your documents with them. You will only have to submit the Credit Card Application Form and apply for the card.
3. What is the minimum score needed for a Secured Card?
You will need a minimum Cibil Score of 750 or above to get quick approval for Secured Credit Cards. But these cards are issued against FD so the bank sometimes issues these cards at a low Cibil Score or without Cibil.
4. Can I improve my Credit Score with Secured cards?
Yes, you can improve your credit score with secured cards. Even if you have no Cibil then also you can apply for this card and get approval. Making bill payments of secured credit cards on time will improve your credit score.
5. What is the Credit Limit of the Secured Credit Card?
The credit limit of the Secured Card depends on the Fixed Deposit you have with the bank. Usually, you will get 80% to 90% of the fixed deposit as the credit limit and it might differ from bank to bank.