Credit Card Apply Online1446 views
- Compare the HDFC Infinia Credit Card and the Amex Platinum Credit Card.
- Differentiate between the two cards on the basis of offers, fees, and eligibility.
- Make a final choice after exploring both the cards.
The HDFC Bank and American Express Bank are one of the renowned banking institutions. They have different types of credit cards with exciting offers and discounts. Both institutions have a premium category of best credit cards and those cards are offered to their elite customers. But there are some individuals who get confused between HDFC Infinia Card vs Amex Platinum Credit Card as both the cards fall in the premium category and offered by the renowned financial institutions. So, you can have a look at the comparison of both the cards that will help you to find out the best card among the two.
Table of Contents
Comparison of HDFC Infinia Credit Card and Amex Platinum Credit Card
|Basis of Difference||HDFC Infinia Credit Card||Amex Platinum Credit Card|
|Welcome Benefits||- Enjoy a Free Membership of the Club Marriot on this credit card.|
- Enjoy a Discount of up to 20% on dining and staying across Asia-Pacific under this membership.
- Enjoy a Discount of 15% for up to 10 Guests at hotels under this membership.
|- Get a bonus membership reward points of 100000 as the joining benefits.|
- Enjoy Stay Vouchers of ₹45000 from SeleQion, Taj and Vivanta Hotels.
- You have to pay the full joining fees and do a transaction of up to ₹90000 within three months of the card issuance to activate the welcome offer.
|Travelling Benefits||- Enjoy Unlimited Access to the Aiport Lounges present in India and Outside India under the Priority Pass Program.|
- Get a foreign markup fee of 2% on foreign currency transactions.
|- Complimentary Upgradation your ticket from business class to first class in Etihad Airlines.|
Enjoy Free Access to the Following Airport Lounges:-
- The Centurion Lounge
- Amex Lounges
- Priority Pass Lounges
- Delta Skyclub Lounge
- Domestic partner lounges.
|Lifestyle Benefits||- Get unlimited Free Golf games at the premium courses worldwide.|
- Enjoy Global Concierge Assistance for your travel, entertainment and business experiences.
- Dine at the premium selected restaurants through the HDFC Infinia Credit Card.
|- Get a flat discount of 25% at the Taj, Vivanta, and SeleQion hotels.|
- Book Oberoi suites at a discount of 50% using the Amex Platinum Credit card.
- Make use of the 24X7 Concierge service given from the bank.
- Enjoy a discount of up to 50% with complimentary membership of EazyDiner Prime.
|Reward Points Earnings||- On the expenditure of ₹150 earn 5 reward points.|
- 10X your reward points on travel and shopping transactions through Smartbuy.
- Earn 2X reward points on dining at the selected restaurants.
|- Earn 3X membership reward points on all the transactions done abroad.|
- Get 2.5 membership reward points on every expenditure of ₹100.
- Share the Amex with your family and friends and earn up to 150000 membership reward points.
|Insurance Cover||- Insurance Cover of ₹3 Crores in case of death in an Air Accident.|
- Overseas Hospitalisation cover in case of an emergency of up to ₹50 Lacs.
- Credit Liability cover of up to ₹9 Lacs.
|- Get an Insurance cover of ₹1 Crore in an Air Accident Death.|
- ₹50000 Cover for the loss in check-in baggage.
- ₹50000 insurance cover in case of loss of passport and documents.
- Overseas Medical Insurance of $50000 on a trip for the first 7 days.
Comparison of Fee and Other Charges of the HDFC Infinia Card and Amex Platinum Credit Card
The offers are not enough to make a choice between the two credit cards. Therefore you must go through the fees and other charges that are present on both the credit cards.
|Fees/Eligibility||HDFC Infinia Card||Amex Platinum Card|
|Joining Fees||₹10000 + GST||₹60000 + GST|
|Renewal Fees||₹10000 + GST||₹60000 + GST|
|Waiving Off Criteria||Spend ₹8 Lacs in a year to waive off the fees.||No Waiving off Criteria|
|Add-on Card Fees||NIL||4 Supplementary Card for free and then chargeable with ₹10000|
|Late Payment Fees||Up to ₹750||5% of the Outstanding Amount with a minimum of ₹300.|
|Cash Advance Fees||2.5% with a minimum of 2.5%||3.5% with a minimum of ₹250|
Eligibility Criteria of Both the Cards
|Infinia Credit Card||Amex Platinum Card|
|The Infinia Credit Cards are offered through an invitation to their potential customers.||Salaried |
- Minimum Age of 18 Years.
- Good Credit Track Record.
- The individual must have multinational savings or current account.
- Annual Income of ₹25 Lacs
- The Company’s Vintage Period must be more than 12 years.
- Personal Income for the year must be more than ₹15 Lacs.
- Residential Address must be of India.
After looking at the comparison between HDFC Infinia Card and Amex Platinum card you can figure out the key features of both the cards. Now, it will be easier for you to make a choice between these two credit cards. Firstly, it is necessary to self-scan the yearly expenses and then figure a way out to make the optimum utilization of the card. See, whether the HDFC Credit Cards are better or the Amex Credit Card wins the race. It is up to you to make an accurate decision between the two.