- HDFC Freedom Card - 5X CashPoints on EMI Spends
- Renewal Fee Waiver - Upon reaching spending limit of ₹50,000 in a year
- 10X CashPoints on Partner Sites - Big Basket, BookMyshow, OYO, Swiggy and Uber
HDFC Bank is a renowned private sector bank that constantly strives to develop innovative credit cards to enhance the user experience. One of them is HDFC Freedom Credit Card that proves its name right by earning you rewards at an accelerated pace on dining, grocery, railways, etc. What’s interesting though is the CashPoints by which you can get cashbacks. Along with that the credit card helps you get discount on partner restaurants. To know about this best cashback credit card in detail, you can read further.
Quotes from 11 banks | Best Offers and Rewards
HDFC Freedom Card Offers October 2022
- Earn 5X on EMI spend, 10X CashPoints on Big Basket, BookMyshow, OYO, Swiggy and Uber spends
- One CashPoint for every ₹150 other spends except for fuel. prepaid card load and voucher purchase.
- 1% Fuel Surcharge waiver on fuel purchase, also this is applicable on transaction of ₹400-5,000. The maximum surcharge is subject to ₹250 per month.
- Also, there is a maximum of 15% off if you dine at the partner restaurants and pay with this HDFC Bank Card.
HDFC Freedom Interest Rate
For the first 90 days, the interest rate is 0.99%. Check out the conditions of this HDFC Bank Credit Card Interest Rate below –
- Applicable on non-EMI spends only
- Also, EasyEMI, Balance transfer or Cash transactions are not valid for this lower rate of interest.
Fees & Charges
- Joining Fee – ₹500
- Annual Fee – ₹500
- Revolving Credit – 3.49% per month or 41.88% annually
- Cash Advance Charges – 2.50% of the transaction amount, with a minimum of ₹500
- Late Payment Charges – ₹100-950
- Cash Payment Fee – ₹100
- Overlimit Charges – 2.50% of the overlimit amount, with the minimum being ₹500
- Rewards Redemption Fee – ₹99
Note – 500 CashPoints credited to your account upon payment of the joining fee. Also, if you spend ₹50,000 in the previous year, the renewal charge will waive.
You can get this credit card easily. But for this first you must meet the following eligibility criteria as laid down by the bank –
- Both salaried and self-employed are eligible to apply for the credit card
- For both salaried and self-employed, the minimum age is 21 years
- And the maximum age of salaried and self-employed must not exceed 60 years and 65 years, respectively
- Also, the gross monthly income of the salaried must be a minimum of ₹12,000. On the other hand, self-employed must show an ITR of more than ₹6 lakh per annum.
Documents Required for HDFC Freedom Card
Do submit the following documents while applying for the credit card.
Identity Proof – PAN Card/Voter ID/Driving License/Passport/Aadhaar Card
Residence Proof – Voter ID/Ration Card/Driving License/Passport/Aadhaar Card/Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill
Income Proof – Latest Salary Slips (Salaried), ITR for the Last 2-3 Years (Self-employed)
Also, latest passport size photograph.
HDFC Freedom Card Online Apply
You can apply for the Freedom Card on the official website of HDFC Bank. So, get to HDFC Freedom Card by clicking on the ‘Apply Online’. Afterward, the application form will open up and would require you to fill the details. Submit the application after the filling the details correctly for the bank to evaluate your candidature for the card.
HDFC Freedom Card Apply at the Bank Branch?
If you are not comfortable applying online, you can also visit the nearest HDFC Bank branch to submit the application. But there you need to ask for the credit card application form. Upon getting the same mention the required details and submit it to the concerned bank official for processing.
It won’t be any harm of you to check the application status. You can do so on HDFC Bank website itself. Just click on ‘Track Your Credit Card’ under ‘Credit Cards’ section and enter any of application reference number, application form number or date of birth, mobile number, as well as captcha. After all that, you need to click on ‘Submit’ placed at the bottom. Whatever the status may be, you can see them on the screen. It can be approved, rejected or pending for approval.
How Can I Pay HDFC Freedom Card Bill?
You can pay HDFC Freedom Card bill using the convenience of online facility. You can login to HDFC or other bank net banking to pay your dues. Users are also allowed to pay using the payment gateway route. Through this route, you would require to choose from net banking or debit card as an option to pay the amount due. If your busy schedule can lead to a late payment, you can get the automatic debit activated via net banking or submitting a request for the same at the bank branch. With the activation of this facility, the bill will be deducted automatically on the due date.
HDFC Customer Care Number
Call the 24×7 HDFC Credit Card Customer Care Number – 18004254332 – to resolve all your queries or doubts that may be the case. So, if you are having trouble redeeming rewards, want to know more about fees and charges, etc. then call the number and get that all sorted out.
Checking the statement is one good exercise that you must do to stay updated of your credit card transaction details, rewards summary, total due, minimum due, etc. You can get the statement on your email ID.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
1. What are the Benefits of HDFC Freedom Credit Card?
Upon getting this HDFC Credit Card, you can avail cashback from your spends. But do spend as per the terms and conditions of the credit card. Otherwise, you won’t get the CashPoints.
2. What is the Validiaty of CasPoints?
The CashPoints have a validity of 2 years following the date of their accrual.
3. Where to Redeem HDFC Freedom Card CashPoints?
You can redeem the CashPoints against HDFC Bank Product Catalogue, SmartBuy (For Flights/Hotels Bookings) or also can convert it into Airmiles.
4. What is the Value of HDFC Freedom Credit Card CashPoints?
One CashPoint is equal to ₹0.15. So, do check the total points before proceeding with redemption.
5. How to Check HDFC Freedom Credit Card CashPoints?
You can check your CashPoint via HDFC Credit Card Login. So, download the HDFC Mobile banking app on your smartphone or login to netbanking.