Table of Contents
- 1 About IRCTC SBI Platinum Card
- 2 IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Offers May 2021
- 3 Joining & Annual Fees and Other Charges
- 4 IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Eligibility Criteria
- 5 IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Apply Online
- 6 IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Credit Limit
- 7 IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Bill Payment Online
- 8 IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Customer Care Number
About IRCTC SBI Platinum Card
How would you feel booking a railway ticket online and getting a delivery of the same at your doorstep? Or getting the air tickets at unbeatable prices? You would be elated, won’t you? Such are the offerings of IRCTC SBI Platinum Card that have made it the traveller’s favourite. When you sign it to the card, the following benefits would greet you.
- 350 activation bonus reward points
- 10% value back as reward points for booking railway tickets
- 1.8% transaction charge waiver on booking tickets via IRCTC website
- Reward points on several other purchases
- Fuel surcharge waiver
Quotes from 11 banks | Best Offers and Rewards
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Offers May 2021
Take a look below to know the unmatched features and benefits of IRCTC SBI Platinum Card.
- 350 activation bonus Reward points on spending ₹500 or more within 45 days of card issuance
- Upto 10% value back as Reward Points for booking railway tickets in AC1, AC2, AC CC categories at irctc.co.in.
- 1.8% transaction charges waiver on tickets booked on irctc.co.in
- 1 reward point for every ₹125 spent on purchases other than fuel
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps for transactions worth between ₹500 and₹3,000
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Reward Points Redemption
You can redeem reward points online with the help of loyalty number, which is a 11-digit number printed just below the cardholder’s name. The benefits of the card, like redeeming the points, can be availed only when the loyalty account number is linked to the IRCTC login ID. However, before linking the number, your card needs to be activated with a purchase. As soon as a transaction is made, the card would get activated. It’s advisable to link after 5 days of card activation. So, you can go through the following steps involved in linking process after activating the card.
- If you have an IRCTC account, you can log in using your User ID and password. If not, then you need to sign up and create a login for you.
- Go to ‘Loyalty Account’ tab after making a login
- You should click on Add Loyalty Account within that tab
- Enter the loyalty account number at the prescribed space
- Below which, you would find Link Loyalty Number to click on
- After clicking on it, you would need to enter the One-time Password (OTP)
- Then, click on confirm
- A message will come to your mobile number confirming the linkage of loyalty account number with IRCTC login ID.
- Log on to irctc.co.in using your credentials
- Enter the journey details
- Afterward, opt the check box ‘Redeem Soft Points’
- Reward points can be redeemed for WL/RAC/confirmed tickets on First Class AC, AC 2Tier, AC 3Tier, AC Chair Car and Executive Chair Car travel
- Cardholder must be one of the passengers on the ticket
- The points can be redeemed for free railway tickets for the cardholder and his/her loved ones
- You can redeem the points in multiples of ₹1
Joining & Annual Fees and Other Charges
- Joining Fee:₹ 500 (one-time)
- Annual Fee:₹300 (per annum)
- Add-on Fee: Nil (per annum)
- Late Payment Charges:Nil for amount due from ₹0-200
- ₹100-750 if the due amount is greater than ₹200 and up to ₹10,000
- Card Replacement Fee: ₹100
- Over Limit Charges: 2.50% of over limit amount subject to a minimum of ₹500
- Cash Payment Fee: ₹100
- Cash Advance Fee: 2.5% of transaction amount, subject to a minimum of ₹300
- Finance Charges:Up to 3.35% per month
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Eligibility Criteria
Know the eligibility criteria of IRCTC SBI Platinum Card by reading the points below.
- An applicant should be an Indian resident
- He/she should not be less than 21 years of age and should not be more than 58 years.
- An applicant should have a good credit score and should not be a previous loan/credit card defaulter.
Documentation Checklist Needed
For your reference, below are the important documents you need to carry while applying for IRCTC SBI Platinum Card.
- Proof of Identity – PAN Card/Aadhaar Card/Voter ID/Driving License/Passport
- Proof of Address – Aadhaar Card/Voter ID/Driving License/Passport/Utility Bills
- PAN Card
- ITR or salary slips for the last 2 months
- Passport sized photographs
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Apply Online
You can easily apply for the card at Wishfin, an online marketplace for credit cards, loan and other financial products. All you need to do is to share a few personal and professional details. The executives, post receiving your application, will talk to you and forward your application to SBI after getting your consent. SBI will then verify the details and give a nod only when the verification is successful.
There are three modes – Application Form, Chat and WhatsApp – by which you can apply for this SBI card at Wishfin. Of the modes, WhatsApp application is something very unique and seamless at the same time. All you need to do is to enter your mobile number and click on Continue with WhatsApp. You will get added to a 2-member group with Wishfin the other one. You need to provide a few details for the application to be submitted to SBI for further processing.
Application Status Online
It would not be wrong to say that with the help of an online facility, it is now easier for you to track your credit card application status without any hassle. You just need to visit the bank’s site and enter the application number, and that’s it. Within few seconds, you will get to know the real-time status of your SBI credit card online.
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Credit Limit
The credit limit would be based on the income and credit score an individual may have. To get a higher limit, you would need to have a greater income and a credit score of 750 and above. Doesn’t matter whether you are offered a lower or higher limit, you need to know the amount you can be comfortable paying via the bills. And so, shop accordingly to get the bills affordable. Buy the stuff from credit card that is needed and not those which are mostly influenced by the impulsive urge. Following the latter would only cause a headache for you with surging bills.
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Bill Payment Online
Don’t scramble at the last minute to pay your bills as a delay can lead to late payment charges and worsen the credit score in the process. Go online to pay your dues on time and get rid of the charges while maintaining a good score. Well, you can route for either payment gateway or Internet banking to pay the dues. With net banking, you need to add the card to the biller. As the bill generates, you would receive an SMS indicating the due amount, due date and even the minimum due. There lies your duty to keep the necessary amount on your account to make sure the payment is smooth and on time.
Also, don’t fall prey to minimum due, which is calculated at around 5% of the overall outstanding balance in a billing cycle. You may get tempted to do so but that would only hurt you in the long run. The peril of minimum due payment is the mount of interest on the revolving credit keeping you under the debt trap till the dues are paid off in full. A better way would be to show discipline in your spends and sway away from unnecessary expenditure to keep the total dues under control. With that, you prevent the incidences of minimum due payment.
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Customer Care Number
The customer care executives of the bank are always there to help you, whenever you need a customer support related to your credit card. You just need to dial 39 02 02 02 (prefix local STD code) or 1860 180 1290 and the bank’s executive or customer care team will be there to guide you, solving your concerns or queries related to a credit card.
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Statement
Now knowing your credit card details is much more easier and quicker as SBI offers you this online facility, wherein you receive the monthly statements of your favourite card in your inbox. Yes, on your registered mail ID, the bank will send you the statements monthly so that you easily review your account and check all the details such as the transactions on the go. The statement would show the due date, total dues, minimum due as well as reward points summary.
How to Make Best Use of IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card?
One of the best travel cards available these days, IRCTC SBI Platinum Card lets you book railway tickets of different classes by redeeming the reward points earned on your purchase. A lot of parents may have their wards going from their city to another to attend examinations. These parents can thus book the tickets of their kids to help them visit across the destinations with ease.