Link Aadhaar Card 57413 views
- Link Aadhaar to Credit Card via Online, SMS modes
- Last Date Extended to March 31, 2018
Your credit card may get blocked after March 31, 2018, extended from December 31, 2017, if you fail to link your 12-digit Aadhaar number to it by the revised date. If you have linked Aadhaar to your savings account with a bank wherein you have a credit card, there is no need to worry then. But if you have not linked Aadhaar to a credit card offered by a bank wherein you do not hold any Current & Savings Account (CASA), then do that before the deadline expires to enjoy uninterrupted services. In case you are unaware of the ways to link Aadhaar to a credit card, you can learn those in this article. So, without any further delay, let’s discuss the linking process.
But before reading the steps, let’s just quickly wrap through a news on Aadhaar which might interest you. The news is that the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a face recognition, an additional mean of authentication beside fingerpints and iris.
Table of Contents
- 1 Steps Recommended to Link Aadhaar to a Credit Card at Bank Branch
- 2 Follow These Steps to Link Aadhaar to a Credit Card at Customer Care
- 3 Link Aadhaar to a Credit Card Via SMS
- 4 How to Link Aadhaar to SBI Credit Cards?
- 5 How to Link Aadhaar to HDFC Credit Card?
- Visit the nearest bank branch with both original and photocopy of Aadhaar
- Request for Aadhaar Seeding Form
- Fill Aadhaar and credit card details
- Sign the form
- Submit the duly signed form to the concerned branch official
- The official will verify Aadhaar details from the original and send the form for further processing
- Only when the details are verified successfully, you will receive a notification on your registered mobile number stating the linkage of Aadhaar with a credit card
- Call the 24×7 customer care number from your registered mobile number
- Go through the menus and choose Aadhaar Seeding
- You would be asked to enter and re-enter your 12-digit biometric authentication number
- You may be asked to type your credit card number on the call
- Your details would thus get processed
- Upon successful verification, you will get an SMS notifying a linkage of Aadhaar with a credit card
- Use SMS banking services
- Type Aadhaar and credit card number in a prescribed format
- Send it to a specific number which you can know by calling the customer care executive or a branch official
- Subsequent to successful verification of the details, the Aadhaar will get linked to your credit card
Few days after submitting Aadhaar Seeding request, you would be keen to know whether the biometric authentication is linked to your credit card or not, right? So, you can call the customer care executive or text an SMS to a specific number to know the status.
Shopping via an SBI Credit Card? Want to link Aadhaar with the same to enjoy uninterrupted shopping? Then, follow the steps as advised under various linking modes.
- Go to the nearby branch with an original and photocopy of Aadhaar
- Ask for Aadhaar Registration Form
- Mention Aadhaar and credit card details
- Affix your signature in the prescribed space
- Submit the form
- The concerned SBI official will process your Aadhaar Linking request with a credit card
- You will receive an SMS the moment the linking is done successfully
- Ring the 24×7 customer care number – 1800 180 1290
- Place your request for linking Aadhaar with a credit card
- The customer care executive would ask you to enter Aadhaar and credit card details on the IVR
- As soon as the details get verified successfully, you would receive an SMS saying the linkage of Aadhaar with a credit card
Enjoying attractive discounts and reward point deals on your favourite HDFC credit card? Well, you can continue to enjoy the same by linking Aadhaar to a credit card, if not done. And there are easy ways to do so. Let’s read those now.
- Visit the nearest bank branch with your original and photocopy of Aadhaar
- Get an Aadhaar Seeding Form
- Fill your Aadhaar number and other details
- Sign and submit the form along with an Aadhaar photocopy
- The bank official will check the details and process your request
- If the details get verified successfully, the bank will send an SMS to your registered mobile number texting the linkage of Aadhaar
- Dial the HDFC Bank Customer Care 1800 266 4332 (Tier-1 Cities) / 1800 266 4332 (Other Cities)
- Tell the executive to add Aadhaar to your credit card
- The executive will instruct you through the steps to get it executed
- You will be told to enter your Aadhaar number and then re-enter it
- The executive may tell you to enter your credit card number
- Subsequently, your request to link Aadhaar will get processed
- Upon successful verification, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number