State bank of India, the largest Public sector bank in India has expanded its horizon with the first ever large scale consolidation in the Indian banking history. With the merger of 5 associate banks– State bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State bank of Mysore, State bank of Travancore, State bank of Hyderabad and State bank of Patiala along with the Bhartiya Mahila Bank, It has become the 45th largest bank in the world. The combined entity has been one of the largest banks in the history of Indian banking system.
Table of Contents
Salient Features of the SBI Bank Post Merger
- Entered the league of global top 50 banks.
- Has Balance sheet size of 41 trillion
- Around 2,77,000 employees
- Customer base of 500 million
- 22,500 branches and 58,000 ATMs across the country
- Increased market share to 22% from 17%.
The new brand design will mark the start of the new era with a new identity. While it also reflects the retaining of its core value with the zeal of new energy and approach which makes the brand more powerful and appealing.
Benefits to customers