One of the most crucial papers a person possesses is the permanent account number, or PAN, given by the nation’s income tax department. If a person wants to conduct financial operations above certain thresholds, such as purchasing mutual funds, they must have a 10-digit alphanumeric number. The card, which also functions as identification, aids the government in preventing tax evasion. A person receives the PAN Card acknowledgement number after applying for a PAN Card via Protean eGov Technologies Limited, UTI, or e-Mudra.
After submitting a PAN Card application through NSDL or UTIITSL, a person will obtain a 15-digit PAN Card Acknowledgement Number. You can do follow-ups on the PAN Card’s status using the acknowledgement number.
How to Download PAN Card Acknowledgement Number?
An acknowledgement letter is sent to the email address given on the application form after a person submits a request online. It is simple to submit online forms and receive an acknowledgement number of PAN Card. Applicants will receive the number to their email ID if they apply for a PAN Card online through an approved NSDL website. The applicants should obtain this acknowledgement slip PDF after receiving that email so they can use the reference number later.
When applying for a PAN Card offline, the recipient of the application will provide a receipt number. When they receive the paperwork, they will give the acknowledgement number. If applicants submit their applications accurately, they can create their PAN acknowledgement number. Avoid making any mistakes when completing this application. If a PAN application is submitted incorrectly, no confirmation number will be produced. In this situation, candidates must submit a new PAN Card application.
How to Track PAN Card Status with the Acknowledgement Number?
The acknowledgement number of PAN Card people receive when applying for a PAN Card or a revision on an old one can help track the progress of the respective application. Through the NSDL and UTIITSL portals, applicants can check the progress of their PAN Card. The instructions for following the progress of your PAN Card are given below.
Monitor PAN Card progress using UTIITSL:
- Visit the UTIITSL PAN Card Status Tracking Portal’s main website.
- Put in your 10-digit Acknowledgement Number at this point.
- After entering the authentication code, select “Submit.”
- The state of your PAN Card will show on the screen on the following page.
Monitoring PAN Card progress via NSDL
- Visit the PAN Card Tracking Portal for TIN-NSDL.
- Now key in the security code after the “Acknowledgement Number.”
- To verify the PAN Card application status, click the “Submit” button.
How to Track PAN Card Status Without the Acknowledgement Number?
As previously mentioned, one receives the acknowledgement number of PAN Card following the submission of the PAN registration form. Applicants may also check the status of their PAN Card without a PAN Acknowledgement Number in addition to the aforementioned steps. PAN Cardholders can use the techniques listed below to accomplish this.
Track PAN Card status through your coupon
- Visit the UTIITSL website.
- Click on Track Your PAN Card in the PAN Card Services drop-down menu.
- Enter your 10-character PAN number or application coupon number.
- Put your birthdate as it appears on your Aadhar card.
- Click “Submit” after entering the necessary Captcha Code.
Track PAN Card status through the UTI portal
- Visit UTIITSL’s website. Click on the option of tracking your PAN status.
- Enter your PAN Card number and birthdate using the ‘MM/YYYY’ style. Enter your GSTIN here if you have one.
- After entering the captcha code, click the submit icon. The registered email address and mobile number will display.
- Before entering the OTP mode and selecting the “Generate OTP” button, thoroughly review these details.
- Enter the OTP, then carry out the purchase. You can receive your e-PAN Card after completing your payment.
- One must have earlier applied for a PAN Card or the most recent one corrected with UTIITSL to submit the acknowledgement number of PAN Card application through the UTIITSL website.
- Alternatively, they need to have a cell phone number that is current and registered with the IT Department.
Track PAN Card Status through SMS
- The PAN and TAN forms are managed by Protean eGov Technologies Limited on behalf of the Income Tax Department. It also offers an SMS service to update users.
- You can send an SMS to 3030 that starts with the word PAN, followed by a space, and a 15-digit receipt number produced when the application gets delivered.
- Consumers can text TAN to 3030, followed by a space and the 14-digit acknowledgement number of PAN Card they got at the time of submission if they want to be informed about the progress of a TAN application.
The Permanent Account Number, or PAN, is a crucial piece of identifying information offered by a nation’s income tax department. Therefore, if you don’t already have one, you must register for one. You can track your PAN Card status using the acknowledgement number.
1. Why is the PAN Card application being delayed because of insufficient details or document verification?
When the PAN application status reads that the application is being withheld from processing owing to insufficient details/documentary evidence, it means that the information in your supporting documents is inaccurate. However, you must resubmit the necessary paperwork to the Income Tax Department.
2. My current PAN status is that the application has been received and is being processed. What does this mean?
It indicates that your provided documents are after validation as part of the PAN Card registration process, and your PAN Card will process as soon as they are.
3. How to check the progress of my PAN Card application on NSDL without an acknowledgement number?
Before, all you needed to do to verify the status of your PAN Card application was enter your name and birthdate. However, the NSDL site now demands the 15-digit acknowledgement number of PAN Card.
4. Can I obtain a duplicate PAN online if mine got lost?
Access official websites and get a digital copy of your PAN NSDL or UTIITSL.
5. Can you open a bank account using the PAN Card registration acknowledgement receipt?
A bank account may be opened using the acknowledgement document that the applicant received after submitting their PAN Card registration.