Link Aadhaar Card2999 views
- Get your Punjab National Bank Account Linked to Aadhaar Online or at Branch
In a bid to connect the entire landscape of the country with a biometric authentication device, the Government of India has issued a notification seeking the linkage of Aadhaar with bank accounts. One of the many banks whose customers want to link their Aadhaar with accounts is Punjab National Bank (PNB), founded more than 100 years ago in 1894. You could well be one of those PNB customers wanting to link your Aadhaar with a bank account, right? And if you don’t know how to do it, we are here to suggest you the simplest of steps to link your Aadhaar with a PNB account. So, let’s focus on the steps below.
There’s an important update on Aadhaar, though. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), in its latest offerings, has introduced Face Recognition as an additional mode of authentication. The new feature is likely to be implemented by July 1, 2018.
Table of Contents
- 1 Link Aadhaar to Punjab National Bank Account via Simple Modes
- 2 Steps to Link Aadhaar with Punjab National Bank Account Via Internet Banking
- 3 OTP Based Aadhaar Seeding with Punjab National Bank Account
- 4 How About Online-Offline Combination to Link Aadhaar with Punjab National Bank Account?
- 5 Steps to Link Aadhaar with Punjab National Bank Account Via ATM
- 6 How to Link Aadhaar to Punjab National Bank Credit Card?
- 7 How to Check Whether My Aadhaar Is Linked to Punjab National Bank Account or Not?
Get your Aadhaar linked to PNB account by opting for any of the Internet Banking, branch, ATM and other modes. All these banking channels would require a few simple steps to follow and complete the linking.
Internet Banking is one of the most convenient ways to get your Aadhaar linked with PNB account. Here’s a list of steps you need to follow.
- Login to Internet Banking with your User ID and Password
- The next step is to click the home page ‘Registration of Aadhaar Number in Internet Banking
- Enter and confirm the 12-digit Aadhaar number in the prescribed space
- Subsequently, you need to verify the Aadhaar number
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
- On successful verification, the Aadhaar details will be updated to your account
OTP Based Aadhaar Seeding with Punjab National Bank Account
The OTP based Aadhaar seeding facility is available for PNB account holders. This method contains a few simple steps which are illustrated below.
- Click on OTP Based Aadhaar Seeding shown at the top of the list under ‘e-services’ tab
- Then, you can find Click Here for OTP Based Aadhaar Seeding
- Click it and then you will find a black space of Account Number
- Fill it correctly and click on ‘Continue’ button
- Enter the OTP & Captcha before clicking on the ‘Validate’ button
- Once the OTP gets validated, you will be redirected to a page asking for Aadhaar number
- Enter the number and click on ‘Continue’ button, you will get a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number with UIDAI
- Then, click ‘Validate’ button
- Upon successful validation, you will get to see your personal details, including the Aadhaar number registered to your PNB account
You can go both online and offline to get your Aadhaar linked with a bank account at PNB. The steps for the same are shown below.
- Visit the official website of the bank and download Aadhaar Linking form to Punjab National Bank Account
- Take a print out of the form
- Fill in the details, like your bank account number, Aadhaar number, and your name as shown on the biometric card
- Put your signature in the required space
- Visit the nearest bank branch with the duly filled in form
- Keep an original and self-attested copy of Aadhaar with you
- Submit the Aadhaar linking form and a self-attested copy of Aadhaar
- PNB officials will feed the details of Aadhaar to your account
- On successful data feeding, you will be given a confirmation message stating the linkage of Aadhaar with your bank account
- If you do not receive any confirmation message, you can visit the nearest branch to get it done ASAP.
You can even visit the nearest PNB ATM to link your Aadhaar with a bank account. The steps are easy to understand and follow. Here’s a list of steps you need to follow at an ATM.
- On swiping the card at an ATM, you would find ‘Select Aadhaar Registration’ option under the service category
- You would then need to enter Aadhaar number twice
- Subsequently, you would receive a receipt of seeding the request
- On getting your Aadhaar linked to a bank account, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number
If you have a credit card of PNB and not its savings bank account, you must then link Aadhaar to the former by visiting the branch or talking to the customer care executive. So, the choice is yours – which to use to ensure the linkage of Aadhaar to a credit card.
It is possible that the bank officials may not feed your Aadhaar details correctly and so the linking process couldn’t finish properly. Owing to numerous customer applications, the officials can commit a mistake or two. But you can get to know whether your Aadhaar is linked to your PNB account or not. You would be asking, how, won’t you? Well, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has an online facility to check Aadhaar linkage with a bank account. There are a few simple steps which you can follow to serve your purpose.
- Visit the Aadhaar website – www.uidai.gov.in
- Click Home Page
- Then, you will find Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status under ‘Aadhaar Online Services’
- Enter Aadhaar Number and the security code
- Click ‘One Time Password’ (OTP) link
- Enter the OTP sent to the mobile number registered at the time of Aadhaar issuance
- Upon successful login, you will get to know whether Aadhaar is mapped to your account or not.
The steps involved in this process are shown below.
- Dial *99*99*1#
- Enter your Aadhaar number
- Confirm the Aadhaar number entered is correct
- Upon confirmation, you will get to see the bank account linked with Aadhaar.
- If you do not find the account linked with Aadhaar, do enquire with the bank officials for the same
Note – Only when your mobile number is linked to Aadhaar, this service will be available. Also, If you have multiple bank accounts, you can then check their status with the bank.